• Latest reply 10 years ago by Chaos
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Standup_target2.jpg
Standup_target.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chaos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hi all, still a novice to this, but learning fast.
I am hoping someone can assist me with something that I haven't been able to work out.
This is a Williams standup target (Demo Man in this case)
When the target is hit, the contact behind it on leaf A moves back and makes contact with the leaf B behind it. That seems logical enough to me. What is confusing me, is the 3rd leaf C behind that one. It was bent, so I am not sure if it is supposed to make contact with leaf B when that one moves back, or if it is supposed to be permanently making contact with leaf B always, or if it is supposed to be bent backwards so it never contacts leaf B. (bent to touch back plate?) It is thin, but at the base, B and C do appear to be separated by a thin wood spacer, so they are not meant to be touching all the time?
I have been unable to find an online pic that clearly shows the correct adjustment of these multi leaf switches.
I get the first 2 leafs. It's the one behind those (C) that i don't get.
All my targets seem to have a different bend to this leaf, so need to adjust them all correctly. Please can someone clearly explain the correct setting to me, and I assume this goes for all the standup targets?

Thanks,
Chaos

Standup_target.jpgStandup_target.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Here's a better pic.
So Russ, are you saying that C can be anywhere, as long as it prevents B from touching the back plate?
It can contact the leaf or the back plate..it is just a spacer/insulator? It bends like a leaf, but I guess I didn't get a good close up look at it.
So only A and B count, and are set to contact on a ball strike? A has the diode attached, B has one wire, and C has 2 wires and the diode attached to it.
Nokoro..that thicker leaf is there touching and behind B. It isn't the one we are talking about though..it is shorter and yes..is used to adjust the position of the leaf and strengthen it I assume.

Chaos

Standup_target2.jpgStandup_target2.jpg

#7 10 years ago

No worries, I made a few good ones a while ago at the gunsmithing workshop at work. I know how to adjust them properly, just wasn't sure what to do with that one.
Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Chaos

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 81.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 72.95
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chaos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/standup-target-switch-adjustment?tu=Chaos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.