image-651.jpg
image-585.jpg
image-603.jpg
image-182.jpg
image-725.jpg
image-859.jpg
image-253.jpg
image-832.jpg
There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 9 years ago

I put a few on IM whiplash targets, Tron zEus target and on the lock targets on XMen and so far so good.

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I got them going on X-men and LOTR, any other small targets that are prone to move?

Yeah, my zuse on tron move... I'll check my CSI but I think those bullet targets moved a little.

2 weeks later
#153 9 years ago

I finally got around installing these on my Metallica pick targets tonight, thanks so much for making them!

4 months later
#154 9 years ago

I missed these when they were first posted, and ran across them while browsing the Mezelmods website. I installed one on Z(U)SE last night, and I'm impressed thus far. Installation was easy enough, and the price is right. I've only played a few games, but so far, so good.

#155 9 years ago

Bumping this. Some talk around targets moving has started so I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of this product. Really helps on those targets that like to move around on you.

#156 9 years ago

Havent gotten any of these, just might have to get some. I don't have any targets moving on my Metallica, but some owners with Metallica have said there targets have moved. Had my game almost a year now and no movement. I'll bump this up for good company and great people there at Mezelmods

#157 9 years ago

Splints work very well to keep targets from moving. Was very helpful with ac/dc lower playfield targets.

#158 9 years ago

Great idea to lock down those pesky moving targets. I'm going to give them a try soon.

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I put a few on IM whiplash targets, Tron zEus target and on the lock targets on XMen and so far so good.

Mine are holding up great.

5 months later
#160 8 years ago

which version of this mod do i need to keep palantir straight?

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from Zimmer:

which version of this mod do i need to keep palantir straight?

Check out post 31 and 32 on page one. It wont work on that unless you change the backing.

#162 8 years ago

Does anyone know if these might work on Data Easts too, given that Stern still uses a lot of similar parts? The standup targets on DESW tables like mine always seem to be wonky.

#163 8 years ago

The bracket needs to look like this to work.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#164 8 years ago

any plan to update it to work with palantir?

7 months later
#165 7 years ago

I'm about to make an investment in these for a few games including Ironman. For those who installed these a year ago when this thread was active, how are they holding up? Targets still straight?

#166 7 years ago

The one piece splints are holding up well but seeing some cracking in the two part ones. (You superglue them and use a clamp to bond parts while drying)

#167 7 years ago

Highly recommended. One piecers are great. I haven't inspected the two piece parts closely, but I can tell you my targets don't move and are straight. I guess if they break/crack, I will re-glue them with more glue and clamp them again.

#168 7 years ago

I agree, the one piece ones are great. I have a two piece on my IM (left Whiplash), and I'm going to look into whether I can use a one piece by desoldering the wires. I'm sure the answer is somewhere in this thread.

#169 7 years ago

One of the better uses of these splints as the can be easily converted for use for BLY/WMS/GTB game targets by using an extaco knife. I wish I had these pre-formed 10 years ago, instead of having to make my own.

If you have two piece splint splitting, the wrong type of glue is being used.
Use Loctite professional epoxy.

#170 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I agree, the one piece ones are great. I have a two piece on my IM (left Whiplash), and I'm going to look into whether I can use a one piece by desoldering the wires. I'm sure the answer is somewhere in this thread.

Yes, you can. When we were designing these the idea was to make them easy to install for a novice. The two piece design was created to prevent people from having to desolder things.

When I say "we" - I worked with Tim on the idea I had to resolve my frustrations with targets blocking shots (Tron and X-men are the worst). He designed and developed the product.

3 weeks later
#171 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The two piece design was created to prevent people from having to desolder things.

Last evening, I went in and replaced the two piece on my IM, left Whiplash with a one piece. I think it's really worth the extra time to desolder the wires.

Here's a picture of the one that came off of it. You can see that it's still glued together, but the middle has bulged a bit at the seam, and it was allowing the target to move.

20160706_064621_(resized).jpg20160706_064621_(resized).jpg

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Last evening, I went in and replaced the two piece on my IM, left Whiplash with a one piece. I think it's really worth the extra time to desolder the wires.
Here's a picture of the one that came off of it. You can see that it's still glued together, but the middle has bulged a bit at the seam, and it was allowing the target to move.

Resplint it with a small corner piece of formed angle bracing used for furniture. Use a set of clamps to pinch close the u-framed angle perpendicular to the joint. Alternatively, just use a piece of steel stripping roughly a 1/4" thick, and bend it into the U shape to fit the size of the target splint. Then hit the piece with a drop if epoxy to seal, while using clamps to hold it down. Yet another method is to use a tiny pipe clamp, and crank on it. These are just some of the methods I have used before these splints to keep targets braced and unmoveable.

#173 7 years ago

Thanks for the other ideas, but the one piece splints work fine.

3 years later
#174 4 years ago

Bumping this ancient thread - do these work on Star Trek black hole targets? Stern references part number 500-6985-XX, which is a "Standup Target Assembly 1/2 inch Rectangular."

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

do these work on Star Trek black hole targets

That looks like the proper switch bracket to me.

2 years later
#176 2 years ago

Does anyone have the stl for these?

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does anyone have the stl for these?

Bad form.
This is a commercial product made by MezelMods. It in bad taste to ask someone to share an STL.

Buy the product.

#178 2 years ago

Oh! I didn’t realize. A friend told me that this was something free.

#179 2 years ago

stern
https://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints?_pos=1&_sid=bc599899c&_ss=r&variant=923513721

wms
https://mezelmods.com/products/williams-target-splint?_pos=2&_sid=bc599899c&_ss=r

they are instock. I have/had a handful and installed them on, Tron pro, lotr, ac/dc, etc. Some are tight (3d printed) so just have to work it in. But man do they keep the targets straight. On the single targets you can get them on pretty easy, the "double" wide targets you do have to take apart....but it is worth it.

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

stern
https://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints?_pos=1&_sid=bc599899c&_ss=r&variant=923513721
wms
https://mezelmods.com/products/williams-target-splint?_pos=2&_sid=bc599899c&_ss=r
they are instock. I have/had a handful and installed them on, Tron pro, lotr, ac/dc, etc. Some are tight (3d printed) so just have to work it in. But man do they keep the targets straight. On the single targets you can get them on pretty easy, the "double" wide targets you do have to take apart....but it is worth it.

Ty.

There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/standup-target-splints-by-mezelmods/page/4?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.