• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170424014648234 (resized).jpg
Playfield Screw Loose (resized).png
#1 7 years ago

The infamous blown out playfield screw holes for the lock standup targets on White Water have been giving me constant issues. I've filled the holes with toothpicks and other things which works temporarily but the targets work themselves loose again. I saw quite a while ago where someone 3D printed a plastic shell that surrounds the entire target in the playfield hole to reinforce the two screws that are holding the target in place. Can someone point me in the right direction to find these?

#2 7 years ago

Mezel makes these splints for Stern stand ups. Not sure if they will work for WH20?
https://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints?variant=923513721

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Mezel makes these splints for Stern stand ups. Not sure if they will work for WH20?

Different problem.

Could the TZ slot target reinforced frame work here?

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

This is what I was thinking of. Looks like it just keeps the target from bending backwards? Also, probably wouldn't work anyway because it's for Stern targets.

Quoted from dsuperbee:

Different problem.
Could the TZ slot target reinforced frame work here?

Is this what you mean?

http://www.marvin3m.com/tzmod/#last

#5 7 years ago

They were actually designed to prevent the target from leaning side to side and keep them centered. I haven't looked at the Williams target bracket but if you can swap over to a stern bracket they would work. I know some people have swapped brackets in order to use these on their LOTR Planitar target.

#6 7 years ago

What's wrong with the mantis protectors. They're designed to protect the ends of the ramps but a byproduct is the target can't get bent backwards. It's stopped by the protector. The protector is locked into place by the back edge of the stand up target hole in the playfield.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

This is what I was thinking of. Looks like it just keeps the target from bending backwards? Also, probably wouldn't work anyway because it's for Stern targets.

Is this what you mean?
http://www.marvin3m.com/tzmod/#last

Further up the page where it mentions the capcom bracket, yes. Steve at PBR probably has a couple of target shoes you could swap the brackets over to. I am thinking of doing the same thing on mine actually.

5 months later
#8 6 years ago

I have a screw loose too

I was thinking of mixing together some sawdust and wood glue and pushing it into the hole to fill it. Then, after a day or two, drilling a pilot hole and resetting the screw. Advice?

Seems as though some have used toothpicks to take up the space, but with varied luck.

I've attached the location of the issue. As you can see, it takes a beating from the bumper. At this point it moves around quite a bit.

Thanks for the input.

Playfield Screw Loose (resized).pngPlayfield Screw Loose (resized).png

#9 6 years ago

Is it clear on the back so you can drill on through and use a t-nut and a machine screw?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Seems as though some have used toothpicks to take up the space, but with varied luck.

Normally, I take 3 toothpicks, coat the end in wood glue, jam them into the hole, then take a small rubber band (a zip tie would probably work too), and tie the ends of it together. Then I dab away any excess glue with a q-tip. Let it try for a day (or if I'm in a hurry at a show or on location, about an hour), then cut the toothpicks off flush with the playfield, drill the hole, and screw the post in.

20170424014648234 (resized).jpg20170424014648234 (resized).jpg

Quoted from Travish:

Is it clear on the back so you can drill on through and use a t-nut and a machine screw?

Considering that this particular post takes a beating, that's not a bad idea

#11 6 years ago

Problem solved.
There was a short screw instead of long bolt and nut.

If only every issue turned out to be this easy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/standup-target-reinforcement-bracket and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.