Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Moeman65
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Sit or stand?”

• Always standing 95 votes
      84%
    • Prefer sitting when possible 7 votes
      6%
    • I'm good either way 11 votes
      10%

(113 votes by 112 Pinsiders)

#1 5 years ago

I have seen a few pics of gamerooms with stools in front of pins. It seems like sitting would take away any ability to nudge the machine. I can't imagine sitting down while I play. Is that just me?

#2 5 years ago

I stand when I play / sit when I pee - Please no name calling...

#3 5 years ago

If you get the stool in just the right spot, it is quite enjoyable to sit and play. You can lean and rock a bit, and the stool keeps the rage tilts under control a bit

#4 5 years ago

Nudging is cheating, never shake a machine unless you are a very poor player!!

#5 5 years ago

Standing #1
    Sitting #2

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomtest:

Really hope this is sarcasm or it might be the dumbest post I've read on pinside.

#7 5 years ago

I usually play sitting on a bar stool.

The reasons are my age, and I play a lot so standing kills my back.

#8 5 years ago

Haven't sat much since when I worked at an arcade and played all day... And smoked... God that was great *deep cough*

#9 5 years ago

Standing. I move around too much to sit.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomtest:

#11 5 years ago

I got some nice barstools so sitwhile playing about 98% of the time. Otherwise my legs get tired and feet sore. That happens especially when I go to shows like MGC. Why stand when you can be comfy and sit?

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomtest:

Tilt warnings are a resource, like lives in a video game or gold in Dungeons And Dragons. If you aren't taking advantage of them, it's a waste. TNA actually gives out extra tilt warnings in the mystery award.

But in regards to the original question, I only know one A Division level player who likes sitting while he plays and it depends on the game. He usually does it when playing early solid states or EMs. And I've seen him tilt while sitting.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomtest:

Everything is fair! The craft of shaking, nudging and a occasional bump comes with perfecting the skill. That is why there is a tilt installed. Removing the tilt, adding balls, blocking off drains etc. is a poor player's initiative. SO ROCK AND ROLL!

#14 5 years ago

Unless sometime has a legit reason why they are unable to stand to play or too short (kids), It always drives me nuts to see people sit on a stool to play pinball. Don't be lazy!

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from valgalder:

Unless sometime has a legit reason why they are unable to stand to play or too short (kids), It always drives me nuts to see people sit on a stool to play pinball. Don't be lazy!

So how do you tell if someone has a “legit” reason or not? If that drives you nuts you are probably too stressed

Playing pinball should be fun. If the player wants to sit, they should sit.

#16 5 years ago

I always play standing.

#17 5 years ago

For those who think you can't play well sitting, I have a good friend, Chris, who always sits. Chris is a very good player. Chris once ruled the universe twice on my AFM...sitting. He reached the final mode on my Scared Stiff on his second game ever. He defeated it on his fourth. I like to stand. Chris likes to sit. Chris is good. I am not.

#18 5 years ago

I keep no chairs or stools in the gameroom.....stand or suffer!

#19 5 years ago

I stand...

Although, in my yute, I took the handlebars off an exercise bike and would pull it up to the pin and pedal/play - technically sitting... and doing two things poorly at the same time.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomtest:

Quoted from Mitch:

Really hope this is sarcasm or it might be the dumbest post I've read on pinside.

Wow, I laughed when I read TomTest’s post. I was quite sure it was tongue firmly in cheek.

#21 5 years ago

I have heard there is a standing rule about playing pinball...and the rule still stands.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

... was quite sure it was tongue firmly in cheek.

You never know around here

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

For those who think you can't play well sitting, I have a good friend, Chris, who always sits. Chris is a very good player. Chris once ruled the universe twice on my AFM...sitting. He reached the final mode on my Scared Stiff on his second game ever. He defeated it on his fourth. I like to stand. Chris likes to sit. Chris is good. I am not.

But you have other pinball skills!

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Standing #1
    Sitting #2

I saw what you did there...

#25 5 years ago

The other day I watched a video of a guy blowing up an Iron Maiden while sitting. That night I tried sitting while playing and got GC on a pin the first game.

Interesting to play a pin from a different perspective. Since I'm a tall player, my POV is more top down and I think I may like the POV while sitting. While playing I also eventually start leaning my weight on my wrists which is solved by sitting. I'm going to keep the stool in front of my games and try sitting when playing the other ones. So far I've only played one pin when sitting, so my experience may vary on other pins.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Wow, I laughed when I read TomTest’s post. I was quite sure it was tongue firmly in cheek.

Yes it was a dig towards moeman who shakes the hell out of my machines, just an abusive player-that's how he always beats me!!

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomtest:

Yes it was a dig towards moeman who shakes the hell out of my machines, just an abusive player-that's how he always beats me!!

Well at least it's not bad enough to crack the decals on the cabinets!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/standing-or-sitting?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.