Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by WesleyCowan
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Poppies.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I have a standard wizard of oz pinball machine, out of box for sale. This was a nib that i opened recently for a demo game @ a show. The pin already has invisiglass and shaker motor added ($500.00 value). This is the decalled cabinet as well. The game has under 500 plays on it.
It is also currently running the code 2.0
You will get the same warranty as a nib machine!!!!!
Pincades your Chicagoland Authorized JJP Dist.
219-924-PINS
$7700.00

#2 5 years ago

good luck here.

#3 5 years ago

GLWS

Got my POPCORN

#4 5 years ago

Has there ever been a pin before WOZ where the price has gone up constantly while it was still being made? You could buy a NIB Standard for $7k not too long ago. Now an opened one commands more than that, so I presume the actual NIB is what, $8k now? If we believe that shaker and invisiglass value is this an $800 savings over new? I don't honestly know. I guess that's a pretty good deal, relatively speaking.

#5 5 years ago

Nib $8000.00
shaker & invisiglass $ 500.00 up charge
shipping avg. $300.00
--------------------------------------------------
Avg nib price with out tax $8800.00

You fellas may find nib cheaper but that is the set pricing in black and white from JJP.

JT

#6 5 years ago

For a standard????

#7 5 years ago

Well I think that is MSRP. No one pays that of course, round here anyways. But he is not asking MSRP, way less.

GLWS!

#8 5 years ago

Dude, I couldn't find a buyer on here for a NIB LE for $7500. This week. Ended up just getting a refund.
GLWS of course.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Dude, I couldn't find a buyer on here for a NIB LE for $7500. Ended up just getting a refund.
GLWS of course.

But Zippy, his is a Standard in possession, rather than an ECLE vapor pin.
The Standards got cranked out while the ECLEs wait/waited for cabinets. I am sure many of the ECLE cabinets went to Australia.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

But Zippy, his is a Standard in possession, rather than an ECLE vapor pin.

One in the bush, eh?

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

You fellas may find nib cheaper but that is the set pricing in black and white from JJP.

So wait, is $8k the JJP MSRP? I'm just trying to understand. Because no one actually pays MSRP. For anything. Presumably JJP doesn't dictate street prices.

#12 5 years ago

*sigh*, I'm so glad you listed a price otherwise this thread may have gotten off track in a hurry...

GLWS anyway...

#13 5 years ago

I think thats right standard is 8000.00 from a distributer..+ shipping..

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So wait, is $8k the JJP MSRP? I'm just trying to understand. Because no one actually pays MSRP. For anything. Presumably JJP doesn't dictate street prices.

Don't presume anything when it comes to JJP.

Lots and lots of people presumed that the warranty was transferrable.

#15 5 years ago

I am totally confused by anything WOZ these days also, and went to jerseyjackpinball.com, which re-routes you to this:

http://www.pinballsales.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=45&idcategory=2

Which does have $8,000 as the listed price for a standard WOZ or LE Hobbitt, $7,995 for a MMr, and $9,000 for a Ruby WOZ.

#16 5 years ago

Poppies.jpg

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Has there ever been a pin before WOZ where the price has gone up constantly while it was still being made? You could buy a NIB Standard for $7k not too long ago. Now an opened one commands more than that, so I presume the actual NIB is what, $8k now? If we believe that shaker and invisiglass value is this an $800 savings over new? I don't honestly know. I guess that's a pretty good deal, relatively speaking.

The problem is JJP taking 3 f'ing years. If he would have banged them all out at one time you would have a tighly grouped pricing range. There are used le's selling less than what the op is listing a standard with upgrades for. Difference is, the LE was bought at $6,500 and this standard was bought at the (at least is appears as though) the newer standard price. What a cluster "F" jack has created.

I feel for you OP. I hope you get what you need.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I am totally confused by anything WOZ these days also, and went to jerseyjackpinball.com, which re-routes you to this:
http://www.pinballsales.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=45&idcategory=2
Which does have $8,000 as the listed price for a standard WOZ or LE Hobbitt, $7,995 for a MMr, and $9,000 for a Ruby WOZ.

That still confuses me, are people actually paying these listed prices for WOZ? I mean, you can hit up a Stern distributor website and see a Mustang listed for $5,395 MSRP but that doesn't mean anyone is actually paying that much for one. Or at least no one who's savvy enough to read Pinside.

I guess that's the real price for MMr though right? People are actually paying distributors the full $8k?

And is it just me, or is it weird that a Hobbit LE is the same price as a WOZ Standard? Should I just presume that's a "pre-order special" and it's going to go even higher if they're actually rolling off the assembly line?

I just feel like if I wanted a WOZ right now, I'm woefully uninformed about how good a deal the price in this thread even is.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I think thats right standard is 8000.00 from a distributer..+ shipping..

Plus invisiglass plus shaker motor, plus rust proofing, plus fabric guard etc. and so forth

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I mean, you can hit up a Stern distributor website and see a Mustang listed for $5,395 MSRP but that doesn't mean anyone is actually paying that much for one. Or at least no one who's savvy enough to read Pinside.

I am trying to work a deal on one of these from the local Ford dealer.
Waiting on a quote for a Shelby GT and I might pull the trigger if he tosses one of these in on the deal.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Plus invisiglass plus shaker motor, plus rust proofing, plus fabric guard etc. and so forth

Your mileage may vary. Actual mileage will probably be less.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Waiting on a quote for a Shelby GT and I might pull the trigger if he tosses one of these in on the deal.

That would be the most hilarious deal ever, I would be surprised to see it happen, but I'm pulling for you!

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

That would be sweet!

Good luck and let us know how it goes Eric.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Has there ever been a pin before WOZ where the price has gone up constantly while it was still being made?

"While it was still being made"?

That would require a pretty loose interpretation to apply to WoZ....

The Empire State Building could have been built 2.5 times (and counting!) in the time they've cranked out a couple hundred pinball machines....

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Nib $8000.00
shaker & invisiglass $ 500.00 up charge
shipping avg. $300.00
--------------------------------------------------
Avg nib price with out tax $8800.00
JT

Maybe so, but NOBODY is paying that. Nobody pays retail... Especially when LEs are OVER $1500 less and struggling to sell here lately.

And that's not a JJP bash! Is anyone paying the Stern price of $8499 for Mustang?

GLWS

#26 5 years ago

It's funny how ALLLL the same people show up to WOZ for sale threads.

And not a single one of you bozos is ACTUALLY wanting to buy it.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Good luck with your potential purchase, RawleyD.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

I have a standard wizard of oz pinball machine, out of box for sale. This was a nib that i opened recently for a demo game @ a show. The pin already has invisiglass and shaker motor added ($500.00 value). This is the decalled cabinet as well. The game has under 500 plays on it.
It is also currently running the code 2.0
You will get the same warranty as a nib machine!!!!!
Pincades your Chicagoland Authorized JJP Dist.
219-924-PINS
$7700.00

The decal cabinet is not clear coated. There was one on display at the Ohio show.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Can we start a hey theres a woz post let me shit all over it thread? LOL
Just kindin, but it is true you guys follow every woz thread to post needless shit on it.

Quoted from shlockdoc:

The decal cabinet is not clear coated. There was one on display at the Ohio show.

Yes you are right, there was one there and this one looks very similar! LOL
Same game, i was the distributor that set it up there and brought it back with me.
JT

#30 5 years ago

Bump!....with no shit!

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That would be sweet!
Good luck and let us know how it goes Eric.

No deal on this car and with tax and DMV fees we are looking at close to 80K without the pinball machine.
Looking for a classic 60's car now, maybe a 67 fastback or a GTO.
There is a really nice GTO but like pinballs the car is in Amhurst NY.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Good luck with your potential purchase, RawleyD.

1 week later
#36 5 years ago

Probably a 6600 machine as opposed to 7700

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Probably a 6600 machine as opposed to 7700

ill take lots @ that price!

3 weeks later
#38 5 years ago

Bump and GLWS

And if you took lots at that price I think it would be a mistake.

#39 5 years ago

I bought a slightly used WOZ LE in Denver for 8K in January. It's a great game and I have no regrets buying it. Could have got a standard one for 7K but preferred the LE.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside