• 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DumbAss
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A-19823.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider UNCgump.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I have a perplexing problem with my Indy 500. The rear-most stand-up/light-up target often fired when I engage the right flipper button. It also sometimes fires at random when the machine is at rest. It otherwise nfires appropriately when hit. It does NOT fire if I give the machine a good nudge. It is most bizarre to me that the flipper seems to trigger it. Any tips? I am hoping to avoid having to replace the opto...

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

In addition to the good advice already provided here, could you please clarify in your question whether by "fire" you simply mean the lamp flashes, or you mean that the target score is actually awarded as well.
That detail can help others who are less familiar with the general problem to both understand the problem you're having, as well as compare notes if they have a similar problem in the future.
Thanks!

It lights up, makes a sound, and awards points all as though it were hit. The switch others functions normally when triggered by hand with the glass off
I'll dig into it again soon and see what I can figure out. I may have to call in a friend with more experience, since I'm pretty naive on this stuff, especially electrical issues. Thanks to all for the thoughtful and helpful insights!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 17.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider UNCgump.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stand-up-switch-fires-when-flipper-button-is-engaged?tu=UNCgump and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.