Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Darcy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I used to hate to see Stan lees cameo. I used to think, there he is again...

Now I kind of warmed up to him. Going to see spider man later, I'm sure he is in there. Love hate maybe.

I read marvel the untold story. Plus I grew up reading all his creations. He is kind of awesome, I admit.

#2 6 years ago

Stan Lee is great, and the cameos are a great thing to be able to look forward to in every movie.

Marvel even went ahead and took it a step further to make it more fun.

http://screenrant.com/stan-lee-mcu-cameo-theory-marvel-kevin-feige/

#3 6 years ago

I couldn't believe this thread title at first! Glad you came around

For a kid like me who grew up reading silver age comics which were rife with Stan-isms, and the Spider-Man cartoon he narrated, AND the later games.. he's the voice and face of marvel. I was fortunate enough to meet him recently, and very sorry to hear about the passing of his amazing wife. We should all be so lucky ..

#4 6 years ago

Stan Lee cameos are interesting, mostly fun. He appears to enjoy doing them.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Stan Lee cameos are interesting, mostly fun. He appears to enjoy doing them.

He told a funny story about why the marvel films are so successful - "it's my cameos. You go to the movie to see ME, and you reach down to get some popcorn, and you miss me! So what do you do? You buy another ticket!"

#6 6 years ago

I love them. He has multiple cameos in the Spider-Man theme ride at universal Orlando as well. Stan spans all mediums to provide cameos. Excelsior!

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

I love them. He has multiple cameos in the Spider-Man theme ride at universal Orlando as well. Stan spans all mediums to provide cameos. Excelsior!

He also said that Excelsior came from the state seal of New York - he was staring at it on a piece of letterhead and looked up what it meant, and it went into an issue THAT day

#8 6 years ago

I hate them. Way too intrusive and pulls you of the movie.

#9 6 years ago

Also, his wife passed away a couple of days ago and someone posted this story on imgur.

http://imgur.com/gallery/3m2N4

#10 6 years ago

He's like 114... he deserves to do whatever he wants.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

He's like 114... he deserves to do whatever he wants.

You're not far off - he's 94!

With the passing of his wife, I'm afraid he may not be with us much longer..

#12 6 years ago

For Dead Pool, there an extras clip of Stan Lee, talking about being an announcer, and miss seeing the strippers show.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stan-lee-used-to-annoy-me-but-i-kind-of-like-him-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.