(Topic ID: 144014)

Stan lee NPR interview

By fisherdaman

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Did anyone else catch the Stan Lee interview this morning on NPR? Within the first minute of the segment he mentions that pinball is dead.
"their most famous creation — Lee calls him "Spidey" — is everywhere in this office, as a painting, a life-size doll, and even a pinball machine. "Nobody plays pinballs anymore," Lee tells NPR's Renee Montagne. "And it's really a good thing, because it doesn't work anymore."

Anyway, I found it amusing on my commute to work. You can listen to the interview here http://www.npr.org/2015/11/12/455639075/the-amazing-fantastic-incredible-life-of-stan-lee-now-in-comic-form

#2 8 years ago

Yep...caught that too and was going to post. Where does Stan Lee live? In the interview he also says his "Amazing Spiderman" is not working.

Anyone know Stan Lee or live near by to get that machine up and running. Shame to see him have one not working.

#3 8 years ago

And Gary should have made sure that Stan received a Stern Spiderman.

#4 8 years ago

It had to happen at some point....senility is creeping in for poor Stan.

#5 8 years ago

For someone with such an amazing imagination to say such a thing is beyond me. Someone should take him out to Modern in NYC or direct him to Pinside.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

For someone with such an amazing imagination to say such a thing is beyond me. Someone should take him out to Modern in NYC or direct him to Pinside.

To be fair, you once told me that no-one makes good music any more. I disagreed, and just said that you moved on. I'm sure it's the same in Lee's case, he's unlikely to encounter pinball.

#7 8 years ago

I know NPR does a sort of letter to the editor segment at the end of each week so if someone wanted to take the time we could write to them and advise that pinball is still very much a thing. I know a few people in my league that would have been offended by that comment lol.

#8 8 years ago

If I make it to my 90s I'll be happy just to be able to remember my name, never mind knowing what the current status of pinball might be...

Go Stan and the MMMS !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington Township, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stan-lee-npr-interview and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.