Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

stan (resized).jpg
    bat shit crazy (resized).jpg
    Stan-Lee-VOD-No-Medals-730x411.jpg
    Stripperela (resized).jpg
    assholes just a pinch (resized).jpg
    5A34C99C-E0F7-4A67-9BF7-4C2A77000B19 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    051585E7-929D-46C3-BDB1-0C183CD86103 (resized).jpeg
    There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Told to settle down by Frax, classic.

Which should tell you exactly how much of a douche you're being....

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No more crappy cameos is the only good part.

Law, man sometimes the schtick isn't worth it. I'm a life long Stan Lee fan. When you learn about him in WWII writing with Dr. Seuss and Billy Wilder, the admiration goes up! This man's writing has had a part in almost every young boy's imagination for the past 50 years! There will never be another like him! Excelsior!

#53 5 years ago

Let's not forget Stan's finest hour: Stripperella of course!

I remember one cameo where he is operating the "Penny Disintegrator" Pretty comical.

You don't ever get to see Stripperella's giblets but her associates "come clean"

Stripperela (resized).jpgStripperela (resized).jpg
    #54 5 years ago

Excelsior!

Living life to the fullest!

Only now is the technology coming about to help visualize some of the incredible things he imagined years ago.

RIP ~ Legend

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

that cameo is kinda deep, i love that one too.

That one is the best because it followed through on fan theories, he instantly becomes a character in the Marvel movies, and all of his cameos have actual meaning towards the larger narrative.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from Potatoloco:

That one is the best because it followed through on fan theories, he instantly becomes a character in the Marvel movies, and all of his cameos have actual meaning towards the larger narrative.

Which of the alternate Spider-verses is he also officially canon in? I think it came from one of the animated series.

#57 5 years ago

I kind of got a lump in my throat when I heard that he died. MRvel comic helped me learn to read. When everyone else was reading Hop on Pop and One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish I was reading Spider-Man and X-men. I will miss seeing his cameos in marvel movies. I enjoyed every one of them.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You obviously haven’t visited too many pinside Rip threads!
    “Why are we celebrating the life of some comic book guy instead of the troops!!!!” Is surely right around the corner.

Can you not do both?

#59 5 years ago

RIP
    'nuff said

#60 5 years ago

Some old and new memories....

In or around 1970-71, when Comic shows were a rarity, Nathans in Oceanside, on Long Island would hold coin shows on the weekends, and occasionally a comic show. At that time DC Comics ruled, and I was the weird kid who liked Captain America.
    Stan Lee, and other artists made appearances. At that time they would stay the whole day, and my parents dropped me off for the whole day.
    My memory was how nice he was, how less busy he was than DC Artists, but mostly at the end of the show, when the crowds died, Stan would tell Stories to a handful of kids who would sit up on the stage.

Saw him at several other shows, but as the years moved on to a couple years ago, he looked happy, but tired at Orlando Comic Con...Certainly a full life....

My niece was sad, she works at Marvel, and just started working with him 2 years ago.
    She has shared, he felt like a Grandfather to her, as she is physically disabled..... he always took time in the NY office to chat,
    and make her feel important. I think she was lucky for this time, but will miss him truly.

Thanks for all you gave to so many...RIP...

#61 5 years ago

A major legend. R.I.P.

#62 5 years ago

Rest in peace Stan.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I kind of got a lump in my throat when I heard that he died.

I also felt un easy for some time after hearing the news. He was 95 and I know it is the circle of life, but he has brought so much into my life. To think of just the memories I have shared with my children because of his imagination brings tears to my eyes. I have not felt this way about a celebrity death since Jerry Garcia died. Super sad, but his legacy will live on forever.

Stan was a MARVELOUS man!

#64 5 years ago

Who?

#65 5 years ago

His resume speaks for itself. He was the man that created Spider-Man, The Hulk, X-men, Iron Man, Thor, Doctor Strange and The Fantastic Four to name just a few. He made his superheroes flawed rather than perfect. I particularly liked the political undertones and themes in the x-men.

What a creative master, a legend in his field. He will be missed. R.I.P Stan Lee

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Which should tell you exactly how much of a douche you're being....

Some just refuse to understand

bat shit crazy (resized).jpgbat shit crazy (resized).jpg
    #67 5 years ago

A true original. Thanks for all the characters you created. A good long life, one to celebrate.

#68 5 years ago

R.I.P Mr.Lee at least it seems he lived a long nice life.

#69 5 years ago

Such a great talent and will be truly missed. Spider-Man was my favorite cartoon growing up as a kid. RIP Stan Lee.

#70 5 years ago

...and let's not forget the other side of the duo. All these creations were also the work of Stan's partner...Jack "King" Kirby...

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

...and let's not forget the other side of the duo. All these creations were also the work of Stan's partner...Jack "King" Kirby...

Not ALL. Steve Ditko kinda sorta had a hand in one of those guys.. what was his name.. Spiderguy?

#72 5 years ago
    stan (resized).jpgstan (resized).jpg
    There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stan-lee-has-passed-away/page/2?hl=twoheartedmale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.