Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 246 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by SlapDrain
  • Topic is favorited by 53 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240407_224625896 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240407_224713579 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240407_224949742.PORTRAIT (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    428789038_6996289123815158_5252841268585741782_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_0356 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20240222_175113452 (resized).jpg
    Pincrawler Bracket (resized).jpg
    IMG_1244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9593 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsgto.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 1 year ago

I bought one of these new, last year for about 1,200 on Ebay to save my back when moving machines up and down the stairs by myself. The four roller wheels are actually very helpful when negotiating the machine to where you need it to go but it takes a little effort to get the machine onto the platform. I usually put it against something solid so it won't move and then tilt the machine back and shimmy it onto the platform and strap it on with a ratcheting strap (the seatbelt they give you really doesn't work very well for pinball machines). I did cut out a piece of wood and fastened it to the platform with brackets because the metal bars offset the machines that have the two long wooden braces on the bottom of them. Also, when bringing a machine down the stairs, I don't pull out the locking mechanism to bring the treads out further from the handtruck, I just leave them in the closed position. I hope this helps!

1 year later
    #237 34 days ago
    Quoted from SlapDrain:

The one I ordered just arrived!
    https://a.co/d/dkJQ1cJ
    It is the worst hand truck I have ever used. Did some trial runs with 5 boxes of copy paper so approx 225lbs. The balance going up and down stairs is downright scary and in between each step it wants to launch you up and over the handle because it wants to go upright when only contacting 2 stairs instead of 3. The balance and angle is way off. I did the nose plate mod so maybe that has something to do with it. Furthermore with the nose plate mod you only have about 10 degrees of tilt back before the tracks hit the ground and you cant move it without running the tracks. Its extremely slow getting across my driveway because of the balancing act you need to do so the tracks don't hit the ground and jam you up. I suppose it was designed to have the platform and be pushed around more like a shopping cart rather than tiled like a hand truck. Should have tested that before making permanent modifications so I guess thats on me. Im not sure whats going on because this seems visually identical to the ones everyone else is having great success with.
    Perhaps its somehow user error on my part but the tracks only have one position they lock into for climbing so I'm not sure what im doing differently than everyone else but this thing is scary to use. Even if I figured out the stair climbing balance issue which I think can be solved but somehow locking the tracks at a mid tilt level its still an absolutely terrible hand truck for moving a game to the stairs that need to be climbed. Im not wasting anymore time with this.
    I currently have it listed on facebook at a huge time/money loss. Hope the next guy has some better luck...
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/370677552438920[quoted image]

I've had mine for a few years now and I feel much better when I have the tracks in the original locked position that's closest to the hand truck. All the weight is against the stairs and it feels more secured/balanced going up and down without the game being at a higher angle. I use a thick 3" pipe to roll the game onto the base since I don't have the flat modified lip.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsgto.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stair-climber?tu=billsgto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.