Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 246 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by SlapDrain
  • Topic is favorited by 53 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240407_224625896 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240407_224713579 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240407_224949742.PORTRAIT (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    428789038_6996289123815158_5252841268585741782_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_0356 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20240222_175113452 (resized).jpg
    Pincrawler Bracket (resized).jpg
    IMG_1244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9593 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oneangrymo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Here it is on carpeted stairs. It really did well.

Did you feel that two people were necessary and how did you get the machine on the actual device, did you guys just lift it onto it?

#40 1 year ago

Im honsetly really scared to use my escalara up and down stairs. For hand trucking machines and using pinball plates, its awesome, maybe this is what I need, do you think outdoor wooden stairs would be fine as long as they are dry?

#64 1 year ago

I really want this , but I think loading the machine by myself on it would be a pain unless someone came up with a method to do it solo? without modifications?
    Thanks

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:here is another video from about a year ago that just popped up in my youtube feed. you can see how he loads the machine on the dolly, looks kind of sketchy to me.

Yeah Ill probably wait for the next version that hopefully has a lip that can go all the way down then lift it up into position, that looks like asking for a broken leg (know that because been there done that)

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from SheepDog:

I REALlY like my Pincrawler. I like how safe I feel using this machine. The Pincrawler can stop mid-stair if needed. The tracks span multiple steps to give traction and stability. The Pincrawler has 3 speeds. I start out with slow speed going though the door because I don’t want to possibly catch the game head on the door hinge. Once through the door, I change the speed to fast because I have used this many times and I am comfortable in its operation. I have used many different types of dolly hand trucks over the years including my most recent Sano Lift Kar Sal Fold-L 170 (which served me very well over the last few years). I only sold the Lift Kar because I felt that the Pincrawler was a safer option for me to use. When I bought the Pincrawler, I practiced with it without a load at first; then I used an EM body only and practiced. Once I was comfortable, I took the Pincrawler to a friends home where we removed 7 games up one flight of stairs and loaded a trailer all in under one hour. All four of my pinball friends were highly impressed as to how easy to operate and safe it felt to use. Those seven machines were brought up wood steps. I have used the Pincrawler on carpeted stairs and wood stairs without issue going either up or down. I have moved at least ten machines up and down my carpeted steps without issue or concern. The Pincrawler has four caster wheels under the platform and it makes turning and maneuvering very easy. I have been a one person operation getting machines in and out of basements for the last ten years. I have found the machine that I trust to be able to continue to do this by myself.
    As a side note, I originally thought that I would want and need a ratchet strap mounted on the Pincrawler; I have been using a lashing strap and find that it works great. A lashing strap can be already threaded and just drape over the top of the pin and Pincrawler, tighten and I’m ready to go. Very easy.
    Reach out to Glen if you are interested in one.
    https://thepinballplace.com/[quoted image]

do you have an easy way to get the pinball machine on the actual machine? Also is there a certain length stairs have to be between each other? I was thinking about getting this to help move machines out from my walk out basement up the outside garage stairs to the garage, but the stairs are quite spaced out

2 weeks later
    #81 1 year ago

Got my pincrawler, pretty well made, tested it empty a few times up and down some stairs. Going to start with a 30 lb star wars statue then go from there.

IMG_7522 (resized).JPEGIMG_7522 (resized).JPEG
    1 week later
    #95 12 months ago

The only issue I have with these machines is that I need to use it for the stairs outside my house, and moving on the 4 caster wheels outside doesnt work at all, its really only for smooth surfaces
    it needs a big wheel attachment.

#99 12 months ago

Honestly, in my personal opinion, if anyone interested in one of these machines.. I would just buy the pincrawler. Support your pinball community and get fast/direct communication with seller.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oneangrymo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stair-climber?tu=Oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.