Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 246 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by SlapDrain
  • Topic is favorited by 53 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240407_224625896 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240407_224713579 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240407_224949742.PORTRAIT (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    428789038_6996289123815158_5252841268585741782_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_0356 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20240222_175113452 (resized).jpg
    Pincrawler Bracket (resized).jpg
    IMG_1244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9593 (resized).png
    There are 246 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/EMSS-200kg-Load-Electric-Stair-Climbing_1600305768288.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_title.1600197eLeZGbf&s=p
    I really wanna check this one out. That was pointed out above. Larger wheels and tow plate already installed. Looks just like a different package of what’s being talked about and has the same weight rating

Almost $400 to ship...ouch.

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from joetechbob:

Did you slide it? Or what kind of damage? Perhaps one could add felt to the bottom of the toe plate?

Yeah, slid it to kind of rotate it around - so casters on a dolly would have prevented it. Even while trying to be careful I've scratched the floor up twice and tore out a piece of vinyl flooring on another occasion. I have some old vinyl flooring I should've placed on top to protect it, but never thought about that until the last incident.

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from Waxx:

I have a high pile carpet square I flip upside down to slide pins on wood. I have often joked about making them and giving it a dumb name like pin slider with how effective it has been.

Oh that's a good idea.

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Almost $400 to ship...ouch.

We need a whale to buy one

#55 1 year ago

I have a escalera, but like this model way better. I got lucky and grabbed a fully refurbished escalera for $1000 shipped to my door. I will say the escalera can be tricky and dangerous if you are not careful. I love how this one you can stop mid-stairs and actually take your hands off it.

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

Looks really good and the price is reasonable. Has it been hard tested yet? Like thrown down some stairs lol?

I knew this was coming at some point...

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

We need a whale to buy one

I checked for a volume shipping discount, but it doesn't look like that isn't an option until you hit a quantity of 10.

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I have a escalera, but like this model way better. I got lucky and grabbed a fully refurbished escalera for $1000 shipped to my door. I will say the escalera can be tricky and dangerous if you are not careful. I love how this one you can stop mid-stairs and actually take your hands off it.

100% agree. I feel very good going up with an escalera. But going down I feel like I have to fight it a bit to make sure it stays balanced and doesn't roll too far forward and miss a step. Still better than a furniture dolly going down, but a bit unnerving.

#59 1 year ago

I paid $950 off ebay, came shipped in a wood crate.

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from ripple:

I paid $950 off ebay, came shipped in a wood crate.

The one with the big wheels and toe plate? Do you have a link for it? I can't seem to find that version.

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I can't seem to find that version.

No, I got the other version that can be found on ebay. The one with the big wheels does look better.

#62 1 year ago

Here is the one that that The Pinball Place has (The PinCrawler). I am not sure the difference between the one on alibaba and this one but I think Glen did work with the manufacturer to install a higher handbar to get over pinball machines and a higher load capacity (600lbs vs the ~400lbs listed on the alibaba site).

Been working with Glen for a couple years for my machines and he is a good guy.

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

Been working with Glen for a couple years for my machines and he is a good guy.

Yes he is - https://thepinballplace.com/

LTG : )

#64 1 year ago

I really want this , but I think loading the machine by myself on it would be a pain unless someone came up with a method to do it solo? without modifications?
    Thanks

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I really want this , but I think loading the machine by myself on it would be a pain unless someone came up with a method to do it solo? without modifications?
    Thanks

At expo glen directed me to fold a moving blanket, rock the game onto that and then rock from blanket onto platform

#66 1 year ago

here is another video from about a year ago that just popped up in my youtube feed. you can see how he loads the machine on the dolly, looks kind of sketchy to me.

#67 1 year ago

and another one

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:here is another video from about a year ago that just popped up in my youtube feed. you can see how he loads the machine on the dolly, looks kind of sketchy to me.

Yeah Ill probably wait for the next version that hopefully has a lip that can go all the way down then lift it up into position, that looks like asking for a broken leg (know that because been there done that)

#69 1 year ago

Ya it's pretty awkward. Kind of need two people to load it IMHO. BorgDog's toe plate design is a must.

#70 1 year ago

I REALlY like my Pincrawler. I like how safe I feel using this machine. The Pincrawler can stop mid-stair if needed. The tracks span multiple steps to give traction and stability. The Pincrawler has 3 speeds. I start out with slow speed going though the door because I don’t want to possibly catch the game head on the door hinge. Once through the door, I change the speed to fast because I have used this many times and I am comfortable in its operation. I have used many different types of dolly hand trucks over the years including my most recent Sano Lift Kar Sal Fold-L 170 (which served me very well over the last few years). I only sold the Lift Kar because I felt that the Pincrawler was a safer option for me to use. When I bought the Pincrawler, I practiced with it without a load at first; then I used an EM body only and practiced. Once I was comfortable, I took the Pincrawler to a friends home where we removed 7 games up one flight of stairs and loaded a trailer all in under one hour. All four of my pinball friends were highly impressed as to how easy to operate and safe it felt to use. Those seven machines were brought up wood steps. I have used the Pincrawler on carpeted stairs and wood stairs without issue going either up or down. I have moved at least ten machines up and down my carpeted steps without issue or concern. The Pincrawler has four caster wheels under the platform and it makes turning and maneuvering very easy. I have been a one person operation getting machines in and out of basements for the last ten years. I have found the machine that I trust to be able to continue to do this by myself.
    As a side note, I originally thought that I would want and need a ratchet strap mounted on the Pincrawler; I have been using a lashing strap and find that it works great. A lashing strap can be already threaded and just drape over the top of the pin and Pincrawler, tighten and I’m ready to go. Very easy.

Reach out to Glen if you are interested in one.
    https://thepinballplace.com/

CF79C1B8-F77C-4A5D-853B-233D7BC06A99 (resized).jpegCF79C1B8-F77C-4A5D-853B-233D7BC06A99 (resized).jpeg
    #71 1 year ago
    Quoted from SheepDog:

I REALlY like my Pincrawler. I like how safe I feel using this machine. The Pincrawler can stop mid-stair if needed. The tracks span multiple steps to give traction and stability. The Pincrawler has 3 speeds. I start out with slow speed going though the door because I don’t want to possibly catch the game head on the door hinge. Once through the door, I change the speed to fast because I have used this many times and I am comfortable in its operation. I have used many different types of dolly hand trucks over the years including my most recent Sano Lift Kar Sal Fold-L 170 (which served me very well over the last few years). I only sold the Lift Kar because I felt that the Pincrawler was a safer option for me to use. When I bought the Pincrawler, I practiced with it without a load at first; then I used an EM body only and practiced. Once I was comfortable, I took the Pincrawler to a friends home where we removed 7 games up one flight of stairs and loaded a trailer all in under one hour. All four of my pinball friends were highly impressed as to how easy to operate and safe it felt to use. Those seven machines were brought up wood steps. I have used the Pincrawler on carpeted stairs and wood stairs without issue going either up or down. I have moved at least ten machines up and down my carpeted steps without issue or concern. The Pincrawler has four caster wheels under the platform and it makes turning and maneuvering very easy. I have been a one person operation getting machines in and out of basements for the last ten years. I have found the machine that I trust to be able to continue to do this by myself.
    As a side note, I originally thought that I would want and need a ratchet strap mounted on the Pincrawler; I have been using a lashing strap and find that it works great. A lashing strap can be already threaded and just drape over the top of the pin and Pincrawler, tighten and I’m ready to go. Very easy.
    Reach out to Glen if you are interested in one.
    https://thepinballplace.com/[quoted image]

do you have an easy way to get the pinball machine on the actual machine? Also is there a certain length stairs have to be between each other? I was thinking about getting this to help move machines out from my walk out basement up the outside garage stairs to the garage, but the stairs are quite spaced out

#72 1 year ago

Was the Amazon version supposed to ship with two screws on either side where I marked in the photo? If I'm understanding correctly, the manual says to remove the screws, lower the dolly platform, then relock into place with the same screws. Only problem is... there's no screws.

20230323_193738 (resized).jpg20230323_193738 (resized).jpg
    #73 1 year ago

I could use my lectro truck to lift the game onto the stair crawler =D

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from rennervision:

Was the Amazon version supposed to ship with two screws on either side where I marked in the photo? If I'm understanding correctly, the manual says to remove the screws, lower the dolly platform, then relock into place with the same screws. Only problem is... there's no screws.
    [quoted image]

There are supposed to be spring loaded pins there if I'm seeing it right?

#75 1 year ago
    Quoted from rennervision:

[quoted image]

my spring loaded pins were on the inside, there was nothing on the outside except the hole. (can't really see the hole in this pic) I think some have a pin you stick through instead of the spring loaded one.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #76 1 year ago

Yes - I was beginning to realize the same thing about the spring-loaded pins once I noticed those holes have no actual threads for screws. Maybe I just suck at understanding manuals written in Chinese and translated to English.

#77 1 year ago

Anyone looking for a new Escalera to strap to their Escalera?

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

do you have an easy way to get the pinball machine on the actual machine? Also is there a certain length stairs have to be between each other? I was thinking about getting this to help move machines out from my walk out basement up the outside garage stairs to the garage, but the stairs are quite spaced out

Mine from has a platform for the pin to sit on. I have either tipped the pin back held it tipped with my fingers in the coin return, and then slide the Pincrawler underneath and tip onto platform. Or I have tipped the pin onto basically a 4x4, tip level on the 4x4, again holding with fingers in the coin return and slide the Pincrawler underneath and onto the platform. I personally don’t find it as hard as I thought it would be. Believe me, I was concerned about getting a pin on from the floor when I first saw the machine at Expo. I have used multiple devices and there has been both pros and cons with all of them. Again, I have been a one person operation moving machines for over ten years. I personally feel that this is the safest overall I have used. This is very portable and doesn’t weigh a ton.

As far as different length of stairs I find no issue if I am understanding what you are describing. For example, if coming from a sidewalk onto a porch, then say three more feet to another step (or then multiple steps) is no problem at all. The Pincrawler will climb that step onto the porch, keep it tilted so that it is driving/riding on the tank tread still so it is walking itself and ready for the next step. It is literally effortless. I hope that makes sense. Another way to describe that is when I am bringing a machine up from the basement, once I get to the top, I let the machine keep riding and walking toward me (it is still at the same angle as coming up the stairs) until I have enough room to set machine down flat on the four casters. With standard stairs, the tank treads will span 3 steps, so it is very stable.

#79 1 year ago

I used the stair climber for the first time and found it easy to use. As far as loading on the platform by yourself I recommend leaving the front legs on and tipping it back. The you can roll the dolly forward with your body. I did this with a TZ and it was not difficult. Unloading you need to inch it forward on the platform first. I was on carpet and would use cardboard for it to rest on if it was on a hard surface. Mounting a hard plastic sheet to the platform is a great idea.

2 weeks later
    #80 1 year ago

Had I found the alibaba one before I bought mine, I might have taken a chance on it, but alas I have what I have so am now working on the next mod; a big wheel attachment. This is much more involved project, made with steel I had on hand, just needed to buy wheels and bolts to serve as axles. Still need to clean up and paint, but should work nicely.

I did move the first machine with it last week, and actually used to track to run it up the rather steep ramp into my truck bed as well. Worked great, except for going over small bumps the tracks hit the bumps before the wheels, hence the big wheel kit.

PXL_20230410_191754488 (resized).jpgPXL_20230410_191754488 (resized).jpg
    #81 1 year ago

Got my pincrawler, pretty well made, tested it empty a few times up and down some stairs. Going to start with a 30 lb star wars statue then go from there.

IMG_7522 (resized).JPEGIMG_7522 (resized).JPEG
    #82 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Got my pincrawler, pretty well made, tested it empty a few times up and down some stairs. Going to start with a 30 lb star wars statue then go from there. [quoted image]

Let us know what you think about using it. Do you feel safe using it? I sure feel safer with mine. How about having the four casters and the ease of maneuverability?

#83 1 year ago

I have used my crawler a few times now and it was money well spent! No more asking friends to come over to help me move pins up the stairs. It's a one man show with no worries and is effortless going up or down. With it being compact and light weight, I can put it up right behind the back seat of my Highlander and haul a pin with no problem. I really like the casters wheels as I had to take a pin down a flight of stairs with a landing, turn and go down 3 more stairs and it was very easy to maneuver. And getting a pin on the caster platform is really not that hard either. Putting a flat plate on the base really does help too.

#84 1 year ago

I've seen some descriptions on Amazon and ebay that look to be the same model but some say 120W motor and some say 200W motor.

Are there 2 flavors of motors out there or is it just sloppy specs?

For the guys how.have one of these, does it show the motor specs on the motor itself?

Does 120W vs 200W motor make that much difference for this application?

#85 1 year ago

I have the Amazon one and used it to move 2 games downstairs and 1 up yesterday. No issues. One was a 350lb JJP. Only used one battery bar.

#86 1 year ago
    Quoted from docquest:

I've seen some descriptions on Amazon and ebay that look to be the same model but some say 120W motor and some say 200W motor.
    Are there 2 flavors of motors out there or is it just sloppy specs?
    For the guys how.have one of these, does it show the motor specs on the motor itself?
    Does 120W vs 200W motor make that much difference for this application?

the ad for the one I bought says 120W and 441lbs capacity.
    the tag on the motor says 24V and 7.5A which works out to 180W

I would say sloppy specs and you may not know what you are getting until it shows up.

PXL_20230419_180315227 (resized).jpgPXL_20230419_180315227 (resized).jpg
    #87 1 year ago

Im also seeing a 3 speed version out there as well that says it has 200W brushless motor but those models say only 353lb capacity.

I like the idea of a longer life brushless motor but I'm not sure why that would liwer the max weight capacity by approx 100 lbs.

#88 1 year ago

Where does on find the "PinCrawler" dolly - it seems my googlfu is not working well today

#89 1 year ago

The official "pincrawler" can be bought from from Glen at https://thepinballplace.com/. I think you need to contact him directly for pricing info.

I met him at expo, super nice guy. He took and existing electric stair climbing dolly and added some enhancements specifically for pinball users of that dolly for a reasonable markup.

If you are more of a DYI type of person or more frugal you can buy a dolly similar to the one Glen uses and mod it yourself or just use it as is knowing that it's not perfect for pinball moving but workable.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BYNGQHR1/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1

#90 1 year ago

Do any of the versions come with a toe plate instead of the raised platform with the casters? I have a straight shot for stairs, so the casters don't buy me anything. But not having to hike the machine up onto the platform would be much easier I'd think.

#91 1 year ago
    Quoted from docquest:

The official "pincrawler" can be bought from from Glen at https://thepinballplace.com/. I think you need to contact him directly for pricing info.

I met him at expo, super nice guy. He took and existing electric stair climbing dolly and added some enhancements specifically for pinball users of that dolly for a reasonable markup.
    If you are more of a DYI type of person or more frugal you can buy a dolly similar to the one Glen uses and mod it yourself or just use it as is knowing that it's not perfect for pinball moving but workable.
    amazon.com link »

Thanks I did see that one amazon and thought that looks like the same cart.

I just have 4 steps and a nasty threshold to get in and out of my house along with a very tight cramped landing at the top of my steps right at the front door where once in the game has to slide to the left, hard to make a turn there.

Not sure if any of the changes he made would be of use to me or not.

Basically just need a away to get a 400lb beast up and down those essentially 5 steps w/o killing myself back wise. Currently use an big heavy appliance cart but it takes 2 of us to do it when it has a pin on it.

I agree with others that I wish it had a flat pan on the bottom vs the platform with the wheels on it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BZSHLGLN/ref=ewc_pr_img_2

This one has 2 versions one that is single speed and one that is 3 speed. I did see in another video that it was stated this Glen's unit was a little too fast going down the steps but fine going up.

Guess I need to figure out what changes he made to see if its worth the additional cost.

#92 1 year ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

I did see in another video that it was stated this Glen's unit was a little too fast going down the steps but fine going up.

Glens latest version he had at expo 2022 had the 3 speeds to choose from on it.

https://fb.watch/k0cT2HJynV/?mibextid=Nif5oz

#93 1 year ago

Possible as the video I was watching was from a year ago. Couldn't find much more out there tbh

The amazon one certainly fits the budget better. I know Escalera is the thing but I don't move games around enough for that investment.

Its kind of a move a bunch of games all of the sudden and then nothing for several years like now. I hadn't changed anything in our room for almost 5 years.

In the last 2-3 weeks I have moved 2 out, 1 came back (repair job), and brought 2 more in with a 3rd on the way in June or so. The 3rd move (the one coming back) ended very badly in that I tore some knee ligaments and have been a mess ever since. When CCR came in I was talked into paying to have it delivered by my wife which was wort the $$ but I hated paying it and they had an Escalera and he did the entire job all by himself no help needed. That's when my wife said you gotta get one, lol.

#94 1 year ago

There’s several on eBay that look identical to the Amazon one. I added this one to my watchlist and the seller offered it for $999 so I took a chance. The bottom casters actually look very useful since I have a tight landing. I’ll let you know how it works.

ebay.com link: itm

#95 1 year ago

The only issue I have with these machines is that I need to use it for the stairs outside my house, and moving on the 4 caster wheels outside doesnt work at all, its really only for smooth surfaces
    it needs a big wheel attachment.

#96 1 year ago

It’s got a 5” wheel like a traditional hand truck dolly

#97 1 year ago

For those who want a flat loading surface looks like walmart had a version with that. It says it has the 3 speed 200W brushless motor.

Specs are contradictory though, some parts of description say 440 lbs capacity others say 160kg (353 lbs).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rocita-Electric-Stair-Climbing-Hand-Trucks-Dolly-Cart-Moving-441lb-Capacity-Heavy-Duty-Folding-Climber-Trolley-6-Wheels-Motor-Battery-Powered/3304096929

rps20230420_075958 (resized).jpgrps20230420_075958 (resized).jpgrps20230420_080045 (resized).jpgrps20230420_080045 (resized).jpgrps20230420_080117 (resized).jpgrps20230420_080117 (resized).jpg
    #98 1 year ago

I think they’re looking for a loading surface flush with the ground. That appears to still be elevated by the casters.

#99 1 year ago

Honestly, in my personal opinion, if anyone interested in one of these machines.. I would just buy the pincrawler. Support your pinball community and get fast/direct communication with seller.

#100 1 year ago

When you arent using the crawler does the bottom board fold up out of the way? Seems like it will take a lot of room up otherwise?

There are 246 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stair-climber/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.