Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010384.JPG
IMGA0801.JPG
IMGA0800.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmosbandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hey guys, the links I've found in older posts for shaker motor installation instructions for ST Vengeance no longer work. Anyone have a link to an instruction guide that works now?

Also, any quick tips for installing the UV pinblades from Pinball Refinery would be welcome too. Nothing extensive needed, just the basics and what to watch out for..trying to get the new machine in shape.

Thanks, COSMOS

#3 9 years ago

Thanks every little bit helps. I hope I can get the pinblades alone, maybe I can use something to balance the playfield while I work? The shaker is an original Stern motor sold seperately. Was mostly curious if a factory bracket is already in the machine and if I need to drill holes or not.

--Cosmos

#7 9 years ago

NICE. Appreciate the thoughts all, and respond with an LLAP.

Have a good one...

Cosmos.

#9 9 years ago

Not yet Mustang. The parts get here tomorrow. Was getting prepped. Advice still solicited no doubt, the more intel the better brother. thx Cosmos...

#11 9 years ago

Well, that's good to know Dylan. Since I bought them already I'll install last and then raise the playfield as few times as possible after that. I think after Vengeance LED mod, Pinblades and UV, Klingon Bird of Prey and LED speakers I'm done anyways... Hopefully the artwork and glow adds enough depth to the gameplay to make it worth it..COSMOS

#14 9 years ago

Shaker and Klingon Bird of Prey install went well. Though the Shaker was a bit of a pain. Not technically, but reaching the screws on the backside near the cabinet.

Going to install the Refinery Pinblades this weekend. I'll first try to use some kind of wood prop like Mustang mentioned.

Any advice on the felt strip installation for the Blades? High, low, or diagonal? I'm worried a little bit about wear and tear after install like Zit mentioned but what can you do. Thx--C

#16 9 years ago

Where's the best place to put the felt strips? I would guess closer to the top?

thanks! C

#17 9 years ago

OK, so the felt is a protector not an attachment strip and it's longer than the playfied. Really don't want to scratch the machine while trying to get this right....so i guess attach the felt to the plywood edge, not the painted edge and then cut it?

#18 9 years ago

Talked with Steve at the Refinery. Great guy. I'm good thx for all the comments everyone.... COS...

#20 9 years ago

I ended up pulling the playfield forward enough (up and out) to solidly balance the metal feet on the fire/select rail, with the cover off obviously. This is one of the designed resting places for the playfield as I'm sure you know. I then put a towel on one side of the machine on top of the side rails and carefully lifted the back end of the playfield up and over slightly to one side and set it down and afterwards used a 2x4 to keep it from falling. You can set it down without the 2x4 at first as long as it is well balanced. When you set it down look out for bendable or breakable electronics. I installed the felt on both sides and then did one side of the blades and then moved it over and did the other. (Check that you have the blades right side up when installing) Turned out to be pretty easy and mine fits perfectly without any real rubbing when moving the playfield. Use the extra felt for the plywood corners of the playfied for extra protection if you want.

The UV lights and extenders were actually a bit harder. Not technically, just reaching with a wrench and not cracking plastics or breaking anything....COS

#22 9 years ago

Here a pic Split. I wasn't sure also so a pic would've helped me...

P1010384.JPGP1010384.JPG
1 week later
#24 9 years ago

Sorry, I used Babelfish to translate and I still don't understand your questions. The shaker install should have nothing to do with the flippers... CoS Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulez!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmosbandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-vengeance-shakerpinblades-installation?tu=cosmosbandit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.