Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CosmosBandit
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P1010384.JPG
IMGA0801.JPG
IMGA0800.JPG

#1 5 years ago

Hey guys, the links I've found in older posts for shaker motor installation instructions for ST Vengeance no longer work. Anyone have a link to an instruction guide that works now?

Also, any quick tips for installing the UV pinblades from Pinball Refinery would be welcome too. Nothing extensive needed, just the basics and what to watch out for..trying to get the new machine in shape.

Thanks, COSMOS

#2 5 years ago

The pin blades is a two person job. With my LE, my daughter held/balanced the playfield on the service rails while I installed the blades. Not sure about the shaker you mean. I just have a factory installed model.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks every little bit helps. I hope I can get the pinblades alone, maybe I can use something to balance the playfield while I work? The shaker is an original Stern motor sold seperately. Was mostly curious if a factory bracket is already in the machine and if I need to drill holes or not.

--Cosmos

#4 5 years ago

I think all new Sterns come with the holes drilled. With my limited skills, the shaker is about the easiest thing to install. No brackets extra brackets installed.

You could cut a piece of 2x4 to hold up the end inside the cabinet. The Refiery blades are great. I have them in my machine.

#5 5 years ago

I installed the shaker on my ST:Prem; it was very easy. The cabinet was drilled and t-nut'd and the wiring was right there. Five minute job. The instructions came printed in the package from PinballLife, I can see if I still have them if you can't find them online.

PZ

#6 5 years ago

Suggest you lower the cabinet and take the playfield out to install tha blades. You can do it yourself with the playfield up and pushed to one side but taking the playfield out isn't hard if you take your time and will make installation of the blades easy versus somewhat of a pain. You should also put some felt on the playfield pegs to help prevent them from wrinkling the blades when you lift the playfield.

#7 5 years ago

NICE. Appreciate the thoughts all, and respond with an LLAP.

Have a good one...

Cosmos.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from CosmosBandit:

Thanks every little bit helps. I hope I can get the pinblades alone, maybe I can use something to balance the playfield while I work? The shaker is an original Stern motor sold seperately. Was mostly curious if a factory bracket is already in the machine and if I need to drill holes or not.
--Cosmos

Is your ceiling finished? If not I can tell you what I do.

#9 5 years ago

Not yet Mustang. The parts get here tomorrow. Was getting prepped. Advice still solicited no doubt, the more intel the better brother. thx Cosmos...

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

The Refiery blades are great.

I used to think so.
But; They just don't work well in the machine if your going to be working on it regularly. Mine are nearly eaten to death because of the close tolerances between it and the PF. Just not happy with the way they've held up.

#11 5 years ago

Well, that's good to know Dylan. Since I bought them already I'll install last and then raise the playfield as few times as possible after that. I think after Vengeance LED mod, Pinblades and UV, Klingon Bird of Prey and LED speakers I'm done anyways... Hopefully the artwork and glow adds enough depth to the gameplay to make it worth it..COSMOS

#12 5 years ago

The shaker is an original Stern motor sold seperately. Was mostly curious if a factory bracket is already in the machine and if I need to drill holes or not.

Assuming you mean Star Tek: Into Darkness i.e. Stern Pro, Premium & LE, then the standard Stern shaker fits. Cabinet is drilled & T nutted.
Have one in my Pro (albeit one of the ones I manufacture) and it's good but subtle in useage.

#13 5 years ago

Not yet Mustang. The parts get here tomorrow. Was getting prepped. Advice still solicited no doubt, the more intel the better brother. thx Cosmos...

Well that's good. I just drilled a hole in a floor joist and ran a heavy speaker wire through it then raised the pf so it was standing straight up and ran the wire through the center drain area of the apron which holds up the pf perfectly. Just make sure the wires are tied off real good.

#14 5 years ago

Shaker and Klingon Bird of Prey install went well. Though the Shaker was a bit of a pain. Not technically, but reaching the screws on the backside near the cabinet.

Going to install the Refinery Pinblades this weekend. I'll first try to use some kind of wood prop like Mustang mentioned.

Any advice on the felt strip installation for the Blades? High, low, or diagonal? I'm worried a little bit about wear and tear after install like Zit mentioned but what can you do. Thx--C

#15 5 years ago

Going to install the Refinery Pinblades this weekend. I'll first try to use some kind of wood prop like Mustang mentioned.

I actually used house wiring wire because you can twist it around and because it's made of copper wire it stays twisted around so the pf won't fall. And I used a Z support, that span the floor joist so I didn't have to drill a hole in the joist. It's also a good idea to put a small c clamp on the wood rail that the pf slides on where the hung pf contacts it. This will keep the pf from sliding back. Here are a couple of pictures.

IMGA0800.JPG
IMGA0801.JPG

#16 5 years ago

Where's the best place to put the felt strips? I would guess closer to the top?

thanks! C

#17 5 years ago

OK, so the felt is a protector not an attachment strip and it's longer than the playfied. Really don't want to scratch the machine while trying to get this right....so i guess attach the felt to the plywood edge, not the painted edge and then cut it?

#18 5 years ago

Talked with Steve at the Refinery. Great guy. I'm good thx for all the comments everyone.... COS...

#19 5 years ago

so how did u ended up installing your pinblades?

#20 5 years ago

I ended up pulling the playfield forward enough (up and out) to solidly balance the metal feet on the fire/select rail, with the cover off obviously. This is one of the designed resting places for the playfield as I'm sure you know. I then put a towel on one side of the machine on top of the side rails and carefully lifted the back end of the playfield up and over slightly to one side and set it down and afterwards used a 2x4 to keep it from falling. You can set it down without the 2x4 at first as long as it is well balanced. When you set it down look out for bendable or breakable electronics. I installed the felt on both sides and then did one side of the blades and then moved it over and did the other. (Check that you have the blades right side up when installing) Turned out to be pretty easy and mine fits perfectly without any real rubbing when moving the playfield. Use the extra felt for the plywood corners of the playfied for extra protection if you want.

The UV lights and extenders were actually a bit harder. Not technically, just reaching with a wrench and not cracking plastics or breaking anything....COS

#21 5 years ago

Thanks for reply. I didn't install mine yet. I was wondering that's that felt strip for hehehe.

#22 5 years ago

Here a pic Split. I wasn't sure also so a pic would've helped me...

P1010384.JPG
1 week later
#23 5 years ago

bonjour

je suis francais excusez moi je ne parle pas anglais

il y a un an j'ai acheter à jamescardona la rom jeu
ou il a creer dans le menu du jeu une connexion shaker
je voudrais installer dans mon flipper
pouvez vous m'aider a trouver ce materiel et la procédure pour le branchement

en attente d'une réponse de votre part
merci

bien cordialement

jean claude lynch

#24 5 years ago

Sorry, I used Babelfish to translate and I still don't understand your questions. The shaker install should have nothing to do with the flippers... CoS Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulez!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 81.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Windermere, FL

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside