You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
#1 8 years ago

Working on a warp ramp chaser mod. Will run off 12 volts Not sure if I want to run of a gate switch or wondering if I could run off an opto

15 in parts so far pretty bad ass I think.

I will post a video link shortly

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 8 years ago

Video

#3 8 years ago

Cool, if you want to try a different led strip, one that's 1/8th inch wide (4mm) instead of your 1/4 inch wide search ebay for "4mm led strip. Another nice thing about the 4mm wide strip is that there are more leds per inch then the one you have. I use them for all my mods. You can get them in colors and 30, 45, 60, 90 and 120mm lengths.

#4 8 years ago

It's the cycle of it that I need thought. Does that one do that also

#5 8 years ago

Looks great! I have some hard to come by 6V strips. Might be easier to hook up on existing GI source if using 6V. Are you going to sell this mod?

#6 8 years ago

Maybe. Led strip does the chasing. S/activated board ( 6 bucks ) controls the how and time. Think I'm gonna hook up to a gate switch. That way it's an easy mod to install for a beginner

#7 8 years ago

I see, the strip does the chasing, no the 4mm strips don't chase.

#8 8 years ago

Looks pretty awesome! Once you get it hooked up, put out a vid with it working during game play. I might be interested in one. Thanks for sharing.

1 week later
#10 8 years ago

UPDATE: Busy at work ..... Have not had time to do anything but add a Stern gate switch and slide LED on ramp ( basically holds itself in place ) and gate uses existing screw. Not wired in but you get the idea so far

Lmk what ya think !!!

#12 8 years ago

I really like it. Where did you get that S/activated board ( 6 bucks ) from. I am very keen to make one for Star Trek

#13 8 years ago

Sorry it was 11 bucks........ ebay.com link: itm

Led blue chase light....... ebay.com link: itm

LMK if you need help wiring as there are no instructions for wiring and run timing

#14 8 years ago

I saw a really nice 56cm color changing strip with like 50 different chase pattern at Bangood for $14. I wonder if that would work.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Sorry it was 11 bucks........ ebay.com link
Led blue chase light....... ebay.com link
LMK if you need help wiring as there are no instructions for wiring and run timing

Many thank. I will take you up on the wiring once the parts arrive.

#16 8 years ago

I am a little confused. The load voltage for that delay switch is 220V. I am sure you are not hooking it up to mains power?

#17 8 years ago

Its a 12 volt switch activated relay. Right now Im running it off a 12V DC power supply. When done im just going to plug into the 12/5 volt connector at the bottom right of the cabinet. The relay has a max load voltage of 220.

Using 12 volt power in ( right now off a 12 volt dc/ 5 volt dc power supply ) but when done 12 volts dc from the cabinet, gate switch to trigger on board ( close loop at trigger on board , I was using a mini screwdriver in test ), does not matter what voltage the relay is switching up to 220. Im just controlling the relay to activate 12 volts to light the chaser LEDS when the gate switch is hit by the ball. I use the adjustable timer on the board to control the length of time it activates power to the relay on each " trigger ". You could make it run one cycle or as long as you like by the jumpers and potentiometer.

This is self contained and does not run off the game but only its 12 volts when triggered by hitting the gate switch.

Nice ,small, and simple even for a novice.

#18 8 years ago

I have it out right now because I'm going to start wiring. Here are two pics one with an LED so you can see how tiny this board really is also you can see where the positive ( red ) wire on the LED strip was connected and the negitive ( black ) was. The two green were wires I ran from the 12 volt power supply

#19 8 years ago

The two pins on the left below the input wires are for the trigger. I just have them quick patched in but will be using connectors when done. S1, S2 and S4 are time configurations and the pot is for fine adjustment.

#20 8 years ago

Did you go for the gate switch or opto as the trigger?

#21 8 years ago

Found this one on Australian ebay for only A$7
ebay.com link: link

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-pro-warp-ramp-chaser-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.