You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
arguing_opinions.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hi-Fi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 8 years ago

I would go with GOT but you can't go wrong with either. Starting new modes on Star Trek can be difficult and confusing to new players. I had Star Trek Pro at home for over a year. It was always a favorite with guests because it was bright and flashy and played really fast. I got tired of it though and I sold it. The shots on Star Trek are amazing but the code falls flat for me.

#83 8 years ago

I have been trying to to determine what makes Star Trek's modes all seem so similar to me. I think it's due to lack of inserts on the playfield. Most shots only have two inserts and the second light is to only identify a combo shot which doesn't add much variety. Compare that to a game like Walking Dead where most people generally agree the code is "good" or "fun". Look at all the inserts! Pinball is all about hitting the lit shots. Different inserts give the perception of shot and mode variety. This is my theory anyway.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#87 8 years ago

QuarterGrabber that's my point. What if on Walking Dead "CDC" didn't have separate inserts and the regular inserts all turned red for that mode? The separate inserts along with DMD prompts give you the illusion that you are actually shooting for something different than the same seven shots you always go for. I think Stern was so excited that they had color changing inserts on Star Trek they felt they could cut back on inserts and just have them change color. In my opinion this contributes to making everything seem similar. Also due to the lack of inserts the programmers sort of had their hands tied with what they could do for rules.

You will have to excuse my example for Walking Dead, I don't know the rules of that game that well but I think you get the point I'm trying to make.

Anyways.. Back on topic. Did you notice Game of Thrones has more than one insert per shot?
image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hi-Fi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-pro-vs-got-pro?tu=Hi-Fi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.