Topic Stats

• 139 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinballophobe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
arguing_opinions.jpg

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

I want to put the game on location first and than into my collection. I looks like ST has a lot more to offer? Thoughts?

#2 4 years ago

Will be your first game on location?

What type of location is it?

#3 4 years ago

Second game. I just put a WWFRR in their because they requested it. It's at a reto Gamming establishment. But it's inside a very busy mall. Their are other Video games as well. The place is called game underground

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I want to put the game on location first and than into my collection. I looks like ST has a lot more to offer? Thoughts?

Yeah but the code sucks. It's too early for GOT to make this comparison. GOT code could end up sucking too, then I would go with ST because it looks like it shoots better. But if GOTs code ends up being really good, I would definently go GOT. I haven't played GOT yet but it looks like it's current code is already better then ST repetitive code.

#5 4 years ago

Neither. Get a Walking Dead Pro.

#6 4 years ago

I really don't think you can go wrong. I think both would kill it. Get whichever is less expensive.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Yeah but the code sucks. It's too early for GOT to make this comparison. GOT code could end up sucking too, then I would go with ST because it looks like it shoots better. But if GOTs code ends up being really good, I would definently go GOT. I haven't played GOT yet but it looks like it's current code is already better then ST repetitive code.

I thought the new star trek code was great?

#8 4 years ago

What is the best location pro available NIB right now?

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

What is the best location pro available NIB right now?

I've heard that ST and TWD both kill. Jury is still out on GOT, but I don't see why it won't do well either with the satisfying shots, theme, and high scores.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I thought the new Star Trek code was great?

Like anything else, some like it, some don't. I think the game is pretty fun with the recent code.

I have no opinion on GoT, but the gameplay looks interesting.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

It is. He trolls every st thread with negativity and every TWD thread with I own this its the best game ever nonsense.

ST pro is a solid buy. The game play is extremely close to the premium/LE. Its bright and new players tend to like it. Got is a hot theme and the initial code is really good. Either would be a good choice for location play. Got might be more approachable just due to the mode starts. New players seem to struggle to figure out how to advance through the st modes.

#12 4 years ago

St is solid, but the code lets it down. It gets so boring after a while. Wood chopping at its best and medals in Star Trek??? wtf

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

It is. People who don't like diverse strategies don't like it.

I think GOT would be the better location theme but hard to tell. Would have to get feedback from a fellow op on how ST does on location.

#14 4 years ago

GOT seems cool. Let's hope the mod guys bling it up. I herd Modfather is working on a castle upgrade.

#15 4 years ago

I think the GOT theme will have more appeal on location, but its finished coding quality is unknown which is more important in home use. For me, if picking one for (even eventual) home use, I'd go with whatever theme appeals to me more. If it doesn't work out, one can always change to another pin without much effort or penalty.

#16 4 years ago

I have an ST Pro on location but given the choice today I'd pickup a GoT Pro to put next to the location owners LOTR.

Whats interesting is I also have a Demolition Man and although its early, its been doing better then the ST pro and cost me less then half.. I think the handles and it being a wide body is appealing..

#17 4 years ago

Get a South Park and a bill collector

#18 4 years ago

Are you asking because I'm selling my Star Trek? Someone from MA asked about mine on a Facebook page.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

No it's absolutely terrible! I didn't read it was going to be a location game. ST seems to be good on location but I wouldn't own it in a home atmosphere do to the wood choppy repetitive code. People that own ST will try to pump it up saying it's the best ever but best to try it on your own. But for location st does earn well because most people don't get too far into the code to see how boring it gets.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It is. He trolls every st thread with negativity and every TWD thread with I own this its the best game ever nonsense.
ST pro is a solid buy. The game play is extremely close to the premium/LE. Its bright and new players tend to like it. Got is a hot theme and the initial code is really good. Either would be a good choice for location play. Got might be more approachable just due to the mode starts. New players seem to struggle to figure out how to advance through the st modes.

Nonsense of course. I had to sell my TWD LE to pay for an huge unexpected house expense. But I continue to say good things about it even though I don't own it anymore because it is an actual good game with actual GREAT code.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

St is solid, but the code lets it down. It gets so boring after a while. Wood chopping at its best and medals in Star Trek??? wtf

Couldn't agree more. Exactly how I feel about it.

#22 4 years ago

GOT. ST is a fun pin, but GOT would get more plays and will be a better pin in the long run.

#23 4 years ago

Is Trek as wood chopping as TF? I've wanted one for a long time and am finally getting one. Shots and theme are a homerun for me. I seem to like games others dislike though as I have TF and RCT which I both like.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Is Trek as wood chopping as TF? I've wanted one for a long time and am finally getting one. Shots and theme are a homerun for me. I seem to like games others dislike though as I have TF and RCT which I both like.

I think TF is more "clunky" then wood choppy. But I would probably own a TF before I owned a ST again. And I LOVE both themes. And BTW, I love all the games in your collection. I have owned them all or wanted to at one point

#25 4 years ago

I would go with GOT but you can't go wrong with either. Starting new modes on Star Trek can be difficult and confusing to new players. I had Star Trek Pro at home for over a year. It was always a favorite with guests because it was bright and flashy and played really fast. I got tired of it though and I sold it. The shots on Star Trek are amazing but the code falls flat for me.

#26 4 years ago

Both fun pins but for a location player I think GOT will be more approachable and end up earning a bit better. The shots to start modes on ST can be tough for the average player to hit with any consistency.

#27 4 years ago

Star Trek Premium is the top earning pinball machine @ Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas.
That's right from the horses mouth "Tim Arnold".
The second biggest earning game out of 250 games is not a pinball.It's a 1950's ish huge bowling machine!

#28 4 years ago

No it's absolutely terrible! I didn't read it was going to be a location game. ST seems to be good on location but I wouldn't own it in a home atmosphere do to the wood choppy repetitive code. People that own ST will try to pump it up saying it's the best ever but best to try it on your own. But for location st does earn well because most people don't get too far into the code to see how boring it gets.

Man QG couldnt be more off on his assessment of ST. He wouldn't know what wood chopping was even if he woke up to a woodpecker hammering away at some morning wood.

Love ya QG, but gotta call you out since your persistence of hate flows through you since the day you sold your ST two years ago. It's one of sterns best and I prefer it over your precious TWD which sits right next to it in my lineup.

#29 4 years ago

Dude, you own LOTR and you think ST is chopping wood?

ST is great if you are a good enough player to get through the level one missions on a consistant basis. If you can't do that I can see why someone would dislike it but the code is crazy deep and there a tons of different ways to play for either points or mode completion.

I'm sorry you had to sell your TWDLE especially since you liked it so much. I sold mine a few weeks back. Great code as usual from Lyman, just didn't love the toys, layout, or theme integration. I felt like I could score 300m by flailing about or by trying to really make shots. Cool code though, no denying it.

#30 4 years ago

Surprise surprise, the pinball hall of fame will attract a different clientele than a mall, bar, pub, etc location game. So comparing such earnings are meaningless imo.

#31 4 years ago

Here is the deal, I got a Trek Premium and didn't think much of it, but after a few weeks, I feel in love with it! Such a great game and that third flippers shot rocks! Be sure to get a pinball browser version with the theme music.....it is awesome!

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Man QG couldnt be more off on his assessment of ST. He wouldn't know what wood chopping was even if he woke up to a woodpecker hammering away at some morning wood.
Love ya QG, but gotta call you out since your persistence of hate flows through you since the day you sold your ST two years ago. It's one of sterns best and I prefer it over your precious TWD which sits right next to it in my lineup.

Hey everybody has different tastes right. I think I am so vocal about it because I was so disappointed by it. I LOVE the ST theme and was expecting so much more out of it. I think if Lyman did the code I would still own it.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

ST is great if you are a good enough player to get through the level one missions on a consistant basis. If you can't do that I can see why someone would dislike it but the code is crazy deep and there a tons of different ways to play for either points or mode completion.
I'm sorry you had to sell your TWDLE especially since you liked it so much. I sold mine a few weeks back. Great code as usual from Lyman, just didn't love the toys, layout, or theme integration. I felt like I could score 300k buy flailing about or buy trying to really make shots. Cool code though, no denying it.

See and I love LOTR, go fig. Maybe that was my problem, I very RARELY made it to level two or three missions. I'm no SKB.

Yeah I loved my TWD LE but I live in the country and the shitty (pun intended) thing about living in the country is you are on a septic system not a sewer system. My septic system failed and I have to replace the entire thing, to the tune of $30,000 . It was very unexpected to say the least

#34 4 years ago

30k! That is crappy

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

... I felt like I could score 300k by flailing about or by trying to really make shots. Cool code though, no denying it.

Quoted from BOBCADE:

30k! That is crappy

I originally thought mbob misquoted jgentry. Because a 300k score is really crappy

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I originally thought mbob misquoted jgentry. Because a 300k score is really crappy

Very true, ment 300m.

#38 4 years ago

Oh man my septic failing is one of my worst fears, sorry to hear yours did. How old was yours if you don't mind me asking?

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Oh man my septic failing is one of my worst fears, sorry to hear yours did. How old was yours if you don't mind me asking?

21 years old. They usually fail between 20 to 25 years. Dead give away is your entire house smells like shit because it isn't leaving your house, just backing up into it. I had it pumped as a temporary fix for a few weeks while the contractors wait for the permits to get approved. Why can't they just get permits same day? Can't wait to get it fixed!

#40 4 years ago

Hey everybody has different tastes right. I think I am so vocal about it because I was so disappointed by it. I LOVE the ST theme and was expecting so much more out of it. I think if Lyman did the code I would still own it.

To be fair I would not still own my stle to this day if Dwight and Steve didn't do the game it's due diligence. Each mission itself is a challenge, diverse, and fun. The best part is I can choose how to tackle the table and can choose how I want to play each mission. That's what's great about ST. We used to not have that choice or fun with the original code.

Quoted from jgentry:

I'm sorry you had to sell your TWDLE especially since you liked it so much. I sold mine a few weeks back. Great code as usual from Lyman, just didn't love the toys, layout, or theme integration. I felt like I could score 300k by flailing about or by trying to really make shots. Cool code though, no denying it.

this statement about lotr is so true and it's one of my favorite pins. As for Lyman; there's something about his code that is so genius and yet so bland. I think I'm figuring it out, he tailors to competition which is a great thing. So many scoring strategies, but it's usually bland and becomes a bit of a chopping wood ruleset (though I hate that term). ACDC is the exception, pure genious on every level.

#41 4 years ago

21 years old. They usually fail between 20 to 25 years. Dead give away is your entire house smells like shit because it isn't leaving your house, just backing up into it. I had it pumped as a temporary fix for a few weeks while the contractors wait for the permits to get approved. Why can't they just get permits same day? Can't wait to get it fixed!

Sorry to hear QG; unexpected house repairs are the worse! But I think you hit the grail of shit repairs. Hope it gets resolved for you soon.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sorry to hear QG; unexpected house repairs are the worse! But I think you hit the grail of shit repairs. Hope it gets resolved for you soon.

Yeah, living in the country can suck sometimes. Then you see a fox playing in your yard and you fall in love again

#44 4 years ago

Yikes! Mine was installed in '85. *Gulp*. All good though, so worth it to be somewhere with proper outdoor scenery! Best of luck with your repairs.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Yep.

Obsessed much?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&what=posts&q=ST&topic-machine=&pinsider=Quartergrabber&age_days=&subforum=0&sort_by=date&sort_order=DESC#results

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Yikes! Mine was installed in '85. *Gulp*. All good though, so worth it to be somewhere with proper outdoor scenery! Best of luck with your repairs.

Yeah it all depends what type of drainage you have, I have a weeping bed, and what the soil is like in your area and so on. Also mine didn't have a filter and it should have had one, it's code now, and it was an 800 gallon tank and should have been at least a 1000 gallon tank for the size of my house. It's being replace with a 1000 gallon tank.

#48 4 years ago

Only on Pinside can you got from comparing ST and GOT to talking about getting shit out of your house...and all in under one page.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Only on Pinside can you got from comparing ST and GOT to talking about getting shit out of your house...and all in under one page.

Yu know it
I'm surprised I haven't been told to take it to the basement yet

#50 4 years ago

That's all the same thread, and it's this one. Lol!

Nice try but no. It's 3 pages of your stupid posts over a ton of different threads.

Everyone knows. We get it.

To the topic at hand. ST is excellent. Just got some games on GOT today and enjoyed it, but need to get some more in. It's off to a good start.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Port Charlotte, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside