• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

stirring-the-pot.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0591.JPG
There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 10 years ago

Playdium Store in Toronto has a Pro on demo now.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Playdium Store in Toronto has a Pro on demo now.

Did you play it yet?

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Wow a bobble head ship. It's been a while since stern has made that type of toy. It's a fresh and new idea.

Alex, I know how you hate it when Stern lovers come into WOZ threads and bash it. Yet here you are bashing a Stern Pro. Really man all you're doing here is stirring the pot again.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I don't EVER come in to "stern" threads and bash, ever.

Where is Sunfox with his super searching skills when you need him

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Did you ever hear any of the music that Stern uses in it's annoucement video?

I waded through the 1.20 code yesterday, listening to each and every sound/music clip. The movie soundtrack theme isn't in there, period.

It's just that thing you hear at the start of one of the videos above. It starts with the synth trumpet solo, then goes into some wierd march style "dramatic" score that I don't recall ever being in any ST movie.

#106 10 years ago

pro looks good, will probably go with this one.

but i have to agree, that bubble head ship just look un-realistic and i guess on the premium/le it's gonna do the same thing + left and right.

''better the game play on the le/premium'', really, it's the same layout, a VUK and a kickback's gonna change all that?

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Let's get back to the "positive"......

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Yeah your thread was nice for awhile OP. But I knew it was a matter of time before the haters came to spread their hate. The only one's we're missing now is Crazy4pins and eggbert.

Oh no, I'm here, lol. The game is a dud, sorry. ZZZZ. There are 5 or 6 of you who want to repeatedly gush about this "Epic" game which is just laughable. I hope it's fun for you and you get your money's worth. But PinChroma is dead on ... another bobble head toy and this one isn't even as good as MET. 1 "toy" + weak art + same old layout + same old rules + price increase = ZZZZZ. Thanks but no thanks Stern.

#109 10 years ago

Nm, .wav files not allowed.

#110 10 years ago

Can we get back to the ST Pro? Weir so you're hooked by the flow and game play? Super cool!!

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Oh no, I'm here, lol. The game is a dud, sorry. ZZZZ. There are 5 or 6 of you who want to repeatedly gush about this "Epic" game which is just laughable. I hope it's fun for you and you get your money's worth. But PinChroma is dead on ... another bobble head toy and this one isn't even as good as MET. 1 "toy" + weak art + same old layout + same old rules + price increase = ZZZZZ. Thanks but no thanks Stern.

WOW,Just WOW, If someone said that about WOZ ,they would get a letter from JJP . It amazes me what goes on here on the slanted Pinside .

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Damn I jinxed it.

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

WOW,Just WOW, If someone said that about WOZ ,they would get a letter from JJP . It amazes me what goes on here on the slanted Pinside .

You crack me up McCune on how worked up you get that folks have a negative opinion of ST. It's just one game. Sorry McCune ... sorry Stern ... but if the shoe fits ...

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from Hamster:

Although I like the fact they played homage to the original Star Trek Theme, they dropped the ball by not having this theme in it:
» YouTube video
I will have to see about fixing that with the pinball explorer app

I think you're dead on there! I will likely end up with a Pro from what I've seen of this title and the music is going to have to be swapped out first thing.

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I can honestly say - even though I've paid for an LE, I would be happy with the pro. I have never played a newer stern and liked it the first day - until this one. So many shots and smooth as butter. Nothing like getting the warp ramp 3-4 times in a row. A bit like the shot in The Shadow, but so cool the way it goes behind the backboard and drops back in - you never see it coming - all the sudden it is there...

YEAH! I was watching the video was like..I need to see this shot...where did it go?? DAMN ball is out.

#116 10 years ago

I was thinking the same thing. I have him ignored, but I can see the 'ignored user' thing.

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Maybe I'm missing it but this is about as loaded as IM for double the original selling price.

Quoted from iceman44:

Fast and flow and SR, wash, rinse and repeat, I expect and want something new for the 7800

I don't really care about JJP vs Stern or ST vs WOZ as I can't wait to get my hands on any pin regardless of manufacturer, but really guys, you're acting like this sub $5k pro model is in fact the 8k LE. It's not. When the LE comes out and we see the lighting and the lazers and whatever, THEN we can start saying OMG OVERPRICED.

At this point, THIS game in THIS thread is NOT 'double the price' of IM, nor is it anywhere near $7800. All we can judge against the $7800 pin is GAMEPLAY, and since ALL current manufacturers seems to be putting out unfinished code, it's impossible to figure out what the actual end product is anyway.

...what about that part is it that you don't get that other people, many of them, have made the decision to opt out of the LE and or wait to see how it plays?

So? We all sat back and said 'wait to play before buying' after the last LE fiascos, now that attitude is being misconstrued as failure on Sterns part because the LE's might be available for a few months? The speed at which LE's sell out does not indicate how good the game is, it's a measure of the popularity, or a measure of speculative buying power. That's it.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If JJP makes the same code mistake with Hobbit then they will be no better than Stern, we'll see...but for now, what is the "only maker of real pinball machines" excuse?

Who cares what Stern uses for their tag line? It's their choice. This keeps being brought up over and over by mostly WOZers, why? In fact they joke about it in the WOZ group. Let it go people. Jack could come out with a new tag line that says "The only Maker of real-fun pinball machines" and I'm sure nobody would have a problem with it.

JJP has already made it's bed and it's the same one that Stern is in. Games will ship with incomplete code. JJP has been shipping games for months now (a year late) and still the code is not finished. I'm sure when we finally get our games the code will still be incomplete. Who cares really, as long as we know it will get done eventually. But to give JJP a pass when all this time Jack said he would never send a game out with incomplete code is BS. It's the nature of the beast. I have no problem with JJP doing it and I have no problem with Stern doing it. Can we all just get off the bitching about the code?

Sorry to rant at you Ice. Feeling a little grumpy this morning. LOL

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I was thinking the same thing. I have him ignored, but I can see the 'ignored user' thing.

LOL, me too.

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let's get back to the "positive"......

I thought that was pretty funny. Well crap, I'll just go back to my corner and get some work done.

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If JJP makes the same code mistake with Hobbit then they will be no better than Stern, we'll see...but for now, what is the "only maker of real pinball machines" excuse?

I seem to recall all sorts for quotes from JJP about complete code and delivery of games on time, so I guess Stern and JJP are both using mistruths in their marketing.

What confuses me on this whole JJP vs Stern thing is that the similarities and quantities of problems between the two companies are staggering. The ONLY thing I see as different is WOZ appears to me to be a much more well built, feature packed, and polished machine. The problem is its obviously harder to deliver siad product on time along with all the promises made along the way.

In the end both Stern and JJP exaggerate for publicity purposes, they both have NIB issues (one on delivery, the other with quality), they both have people in their camps that seem to want to jump on every grenade lobbed, they both have incomplete code, they both have boards that sometimes fail, switches that stop working, coils that lock on, gameplay that doesn't appeal to everyone...

The one common theme is that they BOTH MAKE PINBALL MACHINES and I couldn't be more grateful.

#122 10 years ago

It's almost like Stern's new strategy is to forget spending money on developing something new/great and instead just pay a half dozen keyboard chimpers to gush about whatever game they spit out.

By all means ... please put me on 'Ignore' and don't just pretend you're doing it.

#123 10 years ago

I can vouch the ship looks nothing like it does in the vids. It looks pretty bland there - here is a better shot - also has at least 3 lights in it.

IMG_0591.JPGIMG_0591.JPG

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

THEN we can start saying OMG OVERPRICED.

At this point, THIS game in THIS thread is NOT 'double the price' of IM

Ok ok, Stop yelling at us through capitals.

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Ok ok, Stop yelling at us through capitals.

Hahaha NO

#126 10 years ago

I think the ship is pretty cool (though still not as cool as the Borg ship in STTNG ) and the bobble effect lends well to it getting hit by torpedoes as will make for a cool battle with it during Vengance multiball. At this point my main gripe is the dots of the little stick guys on several scenes. I would rather them remove all the scenes with those throwback late eighties gaming graphics and just throw some static images in there or movie clips. The rest of the dots look good but, those are awful.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

It's almost like Stern's new strategy is to forget spending money on developing something new/great and instead just pay a half dozen keyboard chimpers to gush about whatever game they spit out.
By all means ... please put me on 'Ignore' and don't just pretend you're doing it.

I don't get it. The game is like $4700. This pro model has more crap than IM did and it's not that much more than NIB IM back in 2010 or whenever. Heck I'd say it's got the same amount of crap on the PF that Tron does, but with a full LED lighting scheme. The pro prices are not double the old prices. If you want to debate the LE/Premium, go make a thread about it when we get video of those machines.

See QuarterGrabber, the capitals still don't get thru to some people

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I can vouch the ship looks nothing like it does in the vids. It looks pretty bland there - here is a better shot - also has at least 3 lights in it.

Ship looks badass. just goes to show people shouldnt base their opinion on a photoshop promotional markup video. Wait to see the real thing; bad ass! thanks for sharing.

#129 10 years ago

thanks for the vids.

#130 10 years ago

IM was 3600 in 2010 when it was released. I considered it, but thought it was too much at that time. Fast forward 3 years in time and the new PRO price is $1100 more than 2010. Substantial amount more, but not double. Even TRON PRO was sub 4K when it was first released.

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

I waded through the 1.20 code yesterday, listening to each and every sound/music clip. The movie soundtrack theme isn't in there, period.
It's just that thing you hear at the start of one of the videos above. It starts with the synth trumpet solo, then goes into some wierd march style "dramatic" score that I don't recall ever being in any ST movie.

Dang. Since J.J uses the "main theme" in STID mostly when the Enterprise in on the screen, I guess I have to hold out hope that SR uses the music on the LE since it's known as the "Enterprise" model.

#132 10 years ago

The one common theme is that they BOTH MAKE PINBALL MACHINES and I couldn't be more grateful.

Give that man a beer! Well said Purple.

#133 10 years ago

No prob Pappy! I hear ya.

I think the pro looks great for the $$ and will wait for premium and/or Le to drop. I have developed a high patience threshold with Woz. I wouldn't hesitate to get either version pro or premium

I give JJP a pass on the first go round and I love what I see now.

#134 10 years ago

He won't find any. I'm not a stern basher. I own a few and Met is my third NIB stern.

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

IM was 3600 in 2010 when it was released.

It cost me $3,950 in 2010.

#136 10 years ago

What the heck, I'll take a beer too or three

A round for everybody! Hey Jack, it's Friday let's have some fun. I'm back in positive mode! Pro looks great. I'll defer my Le pricing comments until the big reveal

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think the pro looks great for the $$ and will wait for premium and/or Le to drop. I have developed a high patience threshold with Woz. I wouldn't hesitate to get either version pro or premium

I give JJP a pass on the first go round and I love what I see now.

When are you supposed to get your WOZ? Mine was a June 2011 order and I'm hoping to get it in December.

I think when the LE comes out you will want it. You can come play mine anytime you're in Dallas if you need to play one before you decide.

Get ready for incomplete code on the Hobbit. Keith can only do so much.

#138 10 years ago

In case people have not noticed it, every new game gets bashed in the pinball community. It is an epidemic likely caused by a combination of higher prices and people having already spent their money, game rooms already full, games being disappointing to some, bad blood built up from being let down on previous games bought, mean spirited aggression for themes individuals don't like, new games not having the Williams or Bally branding, and pure jealousy.

#139 10 years ago

Even I admit to risk - mainly on the software side. This layout has great potential to be a great game. Lets push for completed code on this one...

Scott

#140 10 years ago

When are you supposed to get your WOZ? Mine was a June 2011 order and I'm hoping to get it in December.
I think when the LE comes out you will want it. You can come play mine anytime you're in Dallas if you need to play one before you decide.
Get ready for incomplete code on the Hobbit. Keith can only do so much.

My Woz is should be coming next week! Oh I want the LE on ST. Had on preorder. Love the theme SR, etc. My SM will prob go in favor of it. I'm hoping code gets better/quicker with both groups. Key word is hope.

Thx for the invite! I might take u up on that when I get up to Dallas.

And btw, despite earlier negative rant, thx to Weir for posting vids! That's why I came in here.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

He won't find any. I'm not a stern basher. I own a few and Met is my third NIB stern.

Your comment earlier in this thread about ST was not bashing? I thought it was pretty clearly sarcastic and bashing. Just saying.

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Even I admit to risk - mainly on the software side. This layout has great potential to be a great game. Lets push for completed code on this one...
Scott

That was my main reason for cancelling my preorder and waiting to see how the game develops.

I have no doubt Steve's layout will play great, but to me the playfield counts for 30 to 40 percent of the overall fun of a game.

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I have no doubt Steve's layout will play great, but to me the playfield counts for 30 to 40 percent of the overall fun of a game.

Agreed. I can't speak for other designers. But I know for a fact, once a game is at the stage it's at now, Steve continues to work each day with the programmers to make sure his vision is implemented in the game. He's a baller like the rest of us, his dedication and passion for the hobby has been proven and is in the works again. So Trust the king; have a beer, relax, and have a great time observing a legend work behind the control board.

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Wow a bobble head ship. It's been a while since stern has made that type of toy. It's a fresh and new idea.
I REALLY wanted an ST prem but for Christs sake there is just nothing here? Maybe I'm missing it but this is about as loaded as IM for double the original selling price. Yeah yeah I know people are going to but its a sr pin so it has flow.. But as others have said so does No Fear and that isn't a universally liked pin. It's fast but boring as hell after 10 games.

Wow Alex.... So many ways to respond to this.

I can't help but recall how totally offended you were when I referred to Jack's bizarre Easter post as a "sermon". You were shocked that the word alluded to religion and it offended you so much that you said it was the lowest thing you've ever seen on Pinside. Now you're throwing around phrases like "For Christ's sake" to bash Stern games.

On the positive side, no one can say that you're not a loyal employee....

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Where did you play Star Trek?

#146 10 years ago

I seem to recall all sorts for quotes from JJP about complete code and delivery of games on time, so I guess Stern and JJP are both using mistruths in their marketing.
What confuses me on this whole JJP vs Stern thing is that the similarities and quantities of problems between the two companies are staggering. The ONLY thing I see as different is WOZ appears to me to be a much more well built, feature packed, and polished machine. The problem is its obviously harder to deliver siad product on time along with all the promises made along the way.
In the end both Stern and JJP exaggerate for publicity purposes, they both have NIB issues (one on delivery, the other with quality), they both have people in their camps that seem to want to jump on every grenade lobbed, they both have incomplete code, they both have boards that sometimes fail, switches that stop working, coils that lock on, gameplay that doesn't appeal to everyone...

Very well articulated. As an owner of WOZLE and multiple Stern LE machines, I couldn't agree more! I am very grateful to have multiple pinball manufacturers still creating these machines. After long hours at work day in day out, it is very nice to have a hobby like this to keep me going. I think "Frolic" said something along these lines in a previous thread. It is the one thing that can make me feel like a kid on Christmas morning. So true.......

Life is short, enjoy the hobby.

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

It is the one thing that can make me feel like a kid on Christmas morning. So true.......
Life is short, enjoy the hobby.

+1

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Didn't you compare the as-yet-unseen ST laser starfield projector to a Pillow Pets Dream Light? One of your first posts after you came back if I remember correctly. I thought it was funny but wasn't that bashing?

#149 10 years ago

FFS, everyone who's bashing Alex for posting his personal opinion on the game go outside or something. I'm so sick of the constant back and forth bickering and whining, I'd say you sounded like 1st graders but I've got one, and she's more mature than this (most of the time granted).

Can't we just discuss the game without whipping out our d*@%$ to see who has the biggest manufacturer tattoo on the shaft?

We've got gameplay video now, it's not just speculation over photoshopped PR images, please just leave the tired JJP/Stern fanboy wars stuff at the door and move on. It's just pinball.

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

FFS, everyone who's bashing Alex for posting his personal opinion on the game go outside or something. I'm so sick of the constant back and forth bickering and whining, I'd say you sounded like 1st graders but I've got one, and she's more mature than this (most of the time granted).

It's a forum. People bicker. What you're doing with this post is no different. Nobody's bashing Alex. Just pointing out what we feel are inconsistencies in his arguments.

Alex is more than capable of handling himself on here. As long as he doesn't use those big words.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-pro-is-here/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.