(Topic ID: 323735)

ST Pro: ending ball while it's still in play

By AndresRose

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

My ST Pro just recently started behaving strangely.

It will act as though a ball has drained while the current ball is still in play. All power to the flippers is lost and the end-of-ball scoring counts up while the ball is still in play. Only done a little searching around but haven't seen much that seems related.

Any ideas?

#2 1 year ago

Most likely, a glitchy switch is making the ball trough think the ball drained. Check the connections to the ball trough, make sure they are seated properly. Unplug, re-plug.

If it keeps happening, you might have a bad/misaligned opto.

#3 1 year ago

The small opto boards at the end of the ball trough. Reseat the connector to them.

If that doesn't do it. Remove them. Reflow the solder on pins the connector plugs onto and the optos.

LTG : )

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

The small opto boards at the end of the ball trough. Reseat the connector to them.
If that doesn't do it. Remove them. Reflow the solder on pins the connector plugs onto and the optos.
LTG : )

^This is your answer^

Very well known issue. I'd only add that they can be replaced if you don't know how to or don't want to reflow solder

#6 1 year ago

Yep, same thing used to happen to me on my ST. Reseat/reflow the trough opto connectors. Should get you going again.

#7 1 year ago

In the 10 years I’ve had my AC/DC I’ve had to reflow/add the solder 3 times on those boards. I finally just bought the ones from pinball life. But as everyone said that’s the
problem

#8 1 year ago

Thanks for the help everyone! I'll give it a shot either tonight or sometime in the next couple days and keep y'all posted!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-pro-ending-ball-while-it-s-still-in-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.