Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Hi-Fi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I'm running v1.4 on my ST Pro and I think there is still a bug on the "Destroy the Drill II" mission. If you remember on old versions of the code you needed something crazy like 8,456,967 shots to complete the mission. In the new code it list 6 shots to complete but most of my shots to the lit inserts do not count. Some of the inserts are flashing, some are solid. Which ones do I shoot for? Does anyone else have this problem?

#2 10 years ago

Oh yeah...there's one mode that has some goofy logic with flashing/solid - I guess this one is it. Dunno if it's a bug really - but just an odd visual logic that should probably be corrected.

#3 10 years ago

on LE, Nero II is jacked up. You're shooting the purple arrows and then they are all gone. for like a minute. Still in the mode as it is flashing, but no arrows to shoot for. then after awhile it will light 2 of them.
buggy still, I presume. probably more in there.

#4 10 years ago

Sometimes I think only the warp ramp is flashing. I've noticed that when playing level III missions.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

on LE, Nero II is jacked up. You're shooting the purple arrows and then they are all gone. for like a minute. Still in the mode as it is flashing, but no arrows to shoot for. then after awhile it will light 2 of them.
buggy still, I presume. probably more in there.

wrong, its working as intended. The goal in Nero II is to shoot the three badguys that are shooting at you

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Capper96:

wrong, its working as intended. The goal in Nero II is to shoot the three badguys that are shooting at you

And if you get all 3 on a 3-way combo (sounds kinky), the dmd displays a bonus JP. Don't think it's utilized in game yet?

Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Sometimes I think only the warp ramp is flashing. I've noticed that when playing level III missions.

In level 2 destroy the drill, it will flash shots in a clockwise direction startin with the VUK, to the left orbit, warp ramp, left ramp, etc... Until all lights are flashing. Then it'll cycle reverse order. ( counterclockwise) eliminatin the shots. The object of the mode is to light ALL 6 shots, not hit any 6 shots. As you make a shot , the light will go from flashing to solid indicating the shot has been collected. Further shots to lit targets award nothing towards the mode, you must hit flashing targets. No bug.

#7 10 years ago

Its funny how as soon as something doesn't work as someone expects, its a bug. It can't be a question , or maybe they don't understand. Its always a bug. . As a SW developer, I have to explain often "that's not a bug". This reminds me of it.

#8 10 years ago

All the missions are the same, hit the lit ramp shots. If all the missions were different I wouldn't think anything of it. However since this one is actually ever so slightly different than all the rest it seemed like there was something wrong to me. I guess I was brainwashed by Seseme Street's "one of these kids are not like the others" message when I was a kid.

#9 10 years ago

Fair enough. But I think the tier 2 and tier 3 missions start having a lot of variety.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

All the missions are the same, hit the lit ramp shots. If all the missions were different I wouldn't think anything of it. However since this one is actually ever so slightly different than all the rest it seemed like there was something wrong to me. I guess I was brainwashed by Seseme Street's "one of these kids are not like the others" message when I was a kid.

All the missions aren't the same. I will say prime directive and Klingon battle are the most generic. I don't have time to get into all the missions, but here's a little flavor:

-level 1 destroy the drill is focused on the left orbit and warp ramp. This is the mode that I learned going for consecutive warp shots isn't always the best idea. Consensus of this mode - shoot left orbit, shoot warp, let ball come back to bottom flipper, shoot left orbit , shoot warp, rinse and repeat. If you can pull this off, you will notice a substantial score increase. Also, if you time it right off the left orbit just before time expires the. Hit the VUK with the combo multiplier - you can get a 4-5 mil bonus to the mode. Gimme shots are given during this mode as time goes by and you cannot make a shot, it will light other shots on the board in a clockwise direction.

- level 2 DTD; see 4 or so posts up on my description of this mode. Basically you have to light all 6 shots but they are roaming shots. Blinking shots are shots to be made, lit shots are shots made.

- level 1 Nero: this mode is about making the ultimate 5-way combo which is; left ramp, right orbit, right ramp, left orbit , warp ramp. Make this successfully a couple times and watch your KM and overall score rocket.

- level 2 Nero is all about quick 3-way combos. There will be 3 villains on the screen , each shot kills a villain, make a 3-way combo to kill all 3 and get a bonus to your JP. Don't know if the bonus JP is implemented or if it's awarded during the level 2 wizard mode - enterprise amoch? Edit: best 3 way combo in this mode is right ramp, left orbit , warp.

- level 1 space jump: this mode is all about making an orbit shot followed by a ramp shot. Do not go for warp shots in this mode unless you need to light the combo multipliers and let the ball travel back to the bottom right flipper for a left orbit shot. Consensus is; right orbit, right ramp, left orbit , left ramp , rinse and repeat.

- level 2 space jump: similar to level 1 of the shots will be multicolored, choose this shot instead of the other for a special bonus and sound effect and I also believe it adds time to the mode ? Not confirmed. There's a little more to this mode and I'm still figuring it out.

As you can see, at first glance all the modes seem similar but when you dig in and find their strategies, they are quite different.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Its funny how as soon as something doesn't work as someone expects, its a bug. It can't be a question , or maybe they don't understand. Its always a bug. . As a SW developer, I have to explain often "that's not a bug". This reminds me of it.

Haha just thinking this.

So many posts saying 'omg all the modes are the same! Make them unique!' and now, these unique sounding modes are bugs because it's not just "everything is lit" or immediately obvious how the mode works.

#12 10 years ago

Eskaybee, it sounds like you have really done some homework on this. I'll have to try for the combos you listed. I have just been trying for the lit shots following it up with any combo shot that's available (lit Enterprise insert). Everything moves so fast in this game I haven't slowed down to analyze it. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-pro-destroy-the-drill-ii-bug and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.