New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 160951)

ST Premium Vengeance Drop Target Stuck

By Phoenixbt

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Phoenixbt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Just got my first NIB ST Premium and am having some trouble with the vengeance drop target. When the target is up after you lock a ball, it will not drop down afterwards to return the ball causing the ball to get stuck. Ball search doesn't drop the target either and if I do a coil test on the down target when there is a ball behind it, it doesn't do anything. However, if I do a coil test down with no ball stuck it works just fine (and this didn't happen with vengeance multi-ball either).

Anyone come cross this issue and have a fix? Thanks!

1 week later
#2 4 years ago

Bump, this just started happening to me. Received mine about a month ago. Is there a known fix?

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Bump, this just started happening to me. Received mine about a month ago. Is there a known fix?

Check out this post. Helped clear up my issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/103#post-3170812

Mine was very much out of alignment right out of the box btw, much more so than it sounds like others were. Stern tech support and a few posts here helped a lot, but I had to bend the copper arm quite a bit so it made closer contact with the little raised wedge on the back of the drop target.

Let me know if you have trouble with the fix...I went through a lot of tries getting it to work (maybe because I'm newer at this), but hope I can save someone else some time

#5 4 years ago

I should be more specific. My target drops fine initially. It is when I lock a ball into the vengeance target. It tries to drop to release the ball and it just gets stuck. Is that the same issue?

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

I should be more specific. My target drops fine initially. It is when I lock a ball into the vengeance target. It tries to drop to release the ball and it just gets stuck. Is that the same issue?

Yup, exactly my issue. The target would drop fine until a ball was locked behind it. I think it was the weight of the ball that caused it not to drop from being misaligned. That fix should clear it up. I've put maybe 75 games on it since making that fix and it's been perfect.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside