(Topic ID: 78361)

ST orbit

By TimeBandit

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

What have I done? I am certain I was plunging the ball right round the orbit if I held the left flipper in. Now it never happens. Was I dreaming? Am I missing a rule here somewhere?

#2 10 years ago

You are not dreaming. Does the ball complete the orbit during gameplay?

#3 10 years ago

Also test the left orbit gate in coil test

#4 10 years ago

hmmm...yes thanks fellas, looks like I can not disable the gates either..test time.

#5 10 years ago

What does "I cannot disable the gates" mean? I asked for results of the gate coil test.

#6 10 years ago

The coil is fried. When I select disable the gate "yes", it stays able. Therefore I cannot disable the gate.. Because the coil is not working. All good thanks.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The coil is fried. When I select disable the gate "yes", it stays able. Therefore I cannot disable the gate.. Because the coil is not working. All good thanks.

When you select disabling the gate, the gate will remain closed. The coil fires to *open* the gate as needed. Disabling the gate does not cause the coil to lock on and keep the gate open. Based on the data you have given, there is no evidence that the coil is fried. Further, if the gate really is not working, there is only a small chance that it is caused by a fried coil.

Since you asked for help and refuse to gather the requested data I have asked for and instead are going off on your own things, I will assume you do not want any help and divorce myself from this thread. I'm out. Good luck.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I asked for results of the gate coil test.

No you didn't. You told me to test it. You didn't ask for any results.

And then I collectively thanked you and PH_Mark ("thanks fellas", plural), for pointing out to me that this was indeed a hardware problem, and not a rule that I was messing up.

Then I wrote that the coil is fried. Maybe that is not exactly what is wrong, but indeed, something about that magnet is not working properly. Then I said "All good" because I found myself on the right track, and "Thanks" again. So I have thanked you twice.

I then went about swapping over the connection between the right and left gates, and found further evidence that there is something wrong with the left coil, because the right gate works when powered by the left gate power. Not so hard to investigate really. I have now narrowed the problem sufficiently to be able to ask my distributor for the appropriate parts for repair.

So again, thanks for putting me on the right track. I wish I could have typed that better in the first place to save putting you off side.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-orbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.