Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by zsciaeount
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pd3ze5G.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-16-13-50-47.png
    There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

So my wife and I are going to the wakarusa music festival in June and we are going to stop in STL for a night. I was thinking of hitting up the Silver Ballroom. Thoughts? Any places better to play than that?

#2 9 years ago

CP Pinball is a no-brainer.

#3 9 years ago

CP PINBALL!

Check to make sure they are open

As far as pinball arcades go there's CP... then whatever else.

#4 9 years ago

Dang. Place looks amazing. Looks like they won't be open though. I'll be in town June 3rd only.

http://www.cppinball.com

#5 9 years ago

Ill meet ya at The Silver Ballroom then.

#6 9 years ago

You serious Clark? Haha. Christmas vacation. Feel free gryszzz. Heard that place is cool. I definitely want to make a trip to CP on a different occasion though. Whoa baby lots of games. I'd have to spend a week there.

#7 9 years ago

Stalking ya Chuck Wurt. In my spare time.

#8 9 years ago

You serious Clark ?
    Lulzz.

#9 9 years ago

I almost made it there one night but I (seriously) got lost in East St. Louis, so I called it a day.
    Really want to check it out. Met Chuck at Expo last year. Very, very cool dude.

#10 9 years ago

Silver Ballroom is a great place to go!
    Some of my previously owned games now reside at the Ballroom.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Elevatorman:

Silver Ballroom is a great place to go!
    Some of my previously owned games now reside at the Ballroom.

Really? That's cool. Which ones? I heard a lot of really good pinball players hang there. I'm looking forward to it.

#12 9 years ago

Ya If you can't do CP, The Silver Ballroom is a great alternative. Lots of machines and the owners are good people. It is still very much a bar though if that kind of thing matters to you.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

Ya If you can't do CP, The Silver Ballroom is a great alternative. Lots of machines and the owners are good people. It is still very much a bar though if that kind of thing matters to you.

Nope. Bars and I get along haha. The location I play at most frequently here in KY you can still smoke in, so even if there are tons of people smoking in there it doesn't bother me.

#15 9 years ago

Chuck rents the place out

Rent it all to yourself lol

That would be baller shit right there

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

haha. Just walk in and slam a cool G on the counter and say, "Hey Chuck, private party tonight!" hahaha

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Chuck can be very gracious to pinheads traveling thru the area... nudge nudge wink wink

#18 9 years ago

Chuck's collection is immaculate. Well worth a return visit. The Ballroom is my home away from home. Such an awesome place!

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Chuck can be very gracious to pinheads traveling thru the area... nudge nudge wink wink

Hmmmm. Might have to send CP an email. I am intrigued. Anyone want to get a pinside member meet up together? that would be fun.

#21 9 years ago

I'd be good on most Saturdays but on a Wednesday = no dice

Have fun out here. Eat some Imo's pizza & pack a gun!

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Haha. We are visiting my wife's friend too and he said STL is not the safest place in the world. I have never been. Is it really that bad?

#23 9 years ago

Fuck yes

I carry a concealed Glock 19 but then again I get out of my car where most people roll up their windows.

#24 9 years ago

Crazy. Okay. We will be careful then.

#25 9 years ago

Btw, can you guys please tell the cardinals to stop beating the piss out of my reds? Haha

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Btw, can you guys please tell the cardinals to stop beating the piss out of my reds? Haha

Hmmm....nope.

#27 9 years ago

Make sure you visit beautiful Ferguson while you are in town.

#28 9 years ago

Today I returned from Destin FL

When folks ask where I'm from I usually say STL

Now I say Ferguson to see what they say lol

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Now I say Ferguson to see what they say lol

I bet you get some strange reactions.

#30 9 years ago

Hey hey ! See that kids ? That's the St. Louis Arch.
    The Gateway to the West.
    It's over six hundred feet tall, and there's an elevator all the way to the top.
    That's sixty stories to you and me.
    "Wow Dad, can we stop ?!"
    No.

#31 8 years ago

Call me on the June 2nd or 3rd. I normally am off on Wednesdays and spent a lot of time at the arcade. If its possible I'll show you around. Chuck 314-280-9299

#32 8 years ago

Chuck is THE MAN !!!
    CP Pinball is an amazing place - my wife, son and I always have a blast !!!

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from AtomicChuck:

Call me on the June 2nd or 3rd. I normally am off on Wednesdays and spent a lot of time at the arcade. If its possible I'll show you around. Chuck 314-280-9299

Wow. Thanks Chuck! I will definitely be calling you.

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

If you like pizza, don't eat Imo's.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

That is another question I had for you guys. My wife and I love food. Where should we eat that night of June 3rd?

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

I hear you, imos is not traditional. Take comfort knowing I don't eat it exclusively... My pizza portfolio is very diverse

Quoted from chuckwurt:

That is another question I had for you guys. My wife and I love food. Where should we eat that night of June 3rd?

Last year I had a 9m pointed @ my face while a thug said "you ain't gonna make it home, hommie" on Page ave. It was sideways & looked like a hi point so I didn't flip out too bad

So avoid restaurants on the east side of Page lol

1 month later
    #37 8 years ago

Sorry gents. My timeline and chucks didn't jive so no go on CP pinball tomorrow. We are also skipping STL all together due to the questionable area we planned on hanging out in, and my wife has crazy anxiety. Haha. Thanks for all the info though. Talking with chuck over the phone was great too. Hopefully I can make it to CP in the future.

#38 8 years ago

Clark you're going 88 mph !

#39 8 years ago

88? Bah!

Screenshot_2014-06-16-13-50-47.pngScreenshot_2014-06-16-13-50-47.png

Sorry you couldn;t get to meet Chuck at CP Pinball.

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hopefully I can make it to CP in the future.

You have until the end of the year...

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry gents. My timeline and chucks didn't jive so no go on CP pinball tomorrow. We are also skipping STL all together due to the questionable area we planned on hanging out in.

just curious where you though was so questionable. i'll agree that st louis has some shitty areas, but i live near the ballroom and have walked there and back all the time without problems at night for a good year and a half.

#42 8 years ago

Orbits in maplewood is also another option. not as great as cp or the ballroom, but a good 10 machines or so.

#43 8 years ago

Ballroom was it. And we had a hotel room in south county center. My wife's friend says there have been tons of break ins and I don't want to risk my car that is full of stuff being broken in to.

About CP, I know it's closing, but he still has a great collection.

#44 8 years ago

Yeah, there is nothing wrong with south county center, it is typical suburban America interchangeable with virtually every other large Midwestern city. I've been in the STL and Chicago areas my entire life, never felt unsafe doing anything in either city. Dont let all the bad press and media scare you into ignoring a city with 3 million people, lots of free museums and great pinball. One other thing to check out in STL is City Museum. Totally unique piece of living art downtown. Also one more endorsement of Chuck and CP pinball, make sure to check it out by the end of the year.

1 week later
    #45 8 years ago
    Quoted from geet84:

One other thing to check out in STL is City Museum. Totally unique piece of living art downtown.

City Museum is one of the coolest places I have ever seen. It's hard to even describe. You have to experience it firsthand.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ballroom was it. And we had a hotel room in south county center. My wife's friend says there have been tons of break ins and I don't want to risk my car that is full of stuff being broken in to.

Wow, you couldn't have been farther from crime. That's sad you had to cancel because of bad info.

#47 8 years ago

Wakarusa! The best of Arkansas heat and humidity minus running water all offered on scenic(trailer park) mulberry mountain! The fans that make it to this are TRUE music fans , if that's why they are there as there are many many motivations to go to this one, because of what they must endure. Some of the best photo ops and drama are seen the morning after the festival at the quickie mart at the bottom of the mountain heading home . Those are some motivated hitch hikers let me tell you

So how did you enjoy the show? I had one friend driving a shuttle and another selling soap bars there

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Wow, you couldn't have been farther from crime. That's sad you had to cancel because of bad info.

I know. believe me, I wanted to go. My wife is crazy once she gets something in her head. I didn't want her worrying the whole time, even though I knew it would've been totally fine. Oh well. I have better info now, and I will definitely stop the next time I am in the area.

Quoted from rommy:

So how did you enjoy the show?

It was amazing! I have been to other festivals, but this was the largest I have been to yet. The first night (Wednesday) was hectic as I was not expecting the super cramped camping arrangements. But once we all got set up, it worked out perfectly. Everyone is super cool and we all just kind of made a big joint campsite together. Since we got there early, we got a prime spot that was right next to the main stage and a 10 min walk max to any other stage.

As far as the shows went, we were there to see UM, STS9, and Lotus so naturally those were my favorite shows. My wife and I also got to meets members of UM and Lotus through a PR connection we had so that was the highlight of the trip for sure. Outside of those, the Roots were amazing, Chali 2na from Jurassic 5 was awesome, and some other bands like Dopapod were really great too. I didn't catch some of the super late night stuff as I ran out of gas around 3 am every night, but I heard some of those shows were awesome too.

The food was awesome too. Plenty of booths so you were always close to stuff you needed (water, ice, bathrooms, etc).

Overall a very well run festival and a great time.

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I used to park an $80,000 car right at the Ballroom several days a week, and not once was it ever even so much as disturbed. Plus, if you were worried about your bags, the people there have always let me stash my computer or bag behind the bar.

Bummer that you missed it. I just moved away, and I miss the ballroom a bunch.

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from zsciaeount:

I used to park an $80,000 car right at the Ballroom several days a week, and not once was it ever even so much as disturbed. Plus, if you were worried about your bags, the people there have always let me stash my computer or bag behind the bar.
    Bummer that you missed it. I just moved away, and I miss the ballroom a bunch.

Yeah I know. Next time I am around I will ditch the wife haha. I am sure I will be back down that way in the future.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-louis-here-i-come and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.