(Topic ID: 248871)

St Louis Area Home players Meetup

By smcclain65

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5391 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5390 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5389 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5317 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5384 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4869 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4866 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Hello All

I am looking to start having a meetup group for Pinball players who have machines at home. I think this would be a great way to start learning more rulesets and seeing others play and start building better skills on machines.

I have 3 machines and would be willing to have some people over, I am in weldon spring and we can start a going around to other peoples places as well.

So any pinheads in St louis want to start a home Meetup or Home league?

#2 4 years ago

I'm interested! This sounds fun.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from finnflash:

I'm interested! This sounds fun.

Great. I know you and I were going to meetup and play since we live close. Did you end up getting rid of your Simpsons? I have league tomorrow and thinking about hitting up St Louis pinball this weekend to play Wonka.

#4 4 years ago

Nope, I still have it.
    What is St. Louis pinball?

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from finnflash:

Nope, I still have it.
    What is St. Louis pinball?

www.stlouispinball.com

It is downtown in soulard right by Soulard farmers market. They have a pinball party room that is open when the escape rooms are booked. I have not been yet as it is a haul for me from Weldon Spring.

#6 4 years ago

Oh, ok. I have 2 of my old pins in the Darkness there. That is a cool place, and the escape rooms will blow your mind!

#7 4 years ago

Hey guys I bought a WONKA and its set up in my basement... I'm open to have anyone from Pinside come over on Saturday to play it. I'm thinking about doing a BBQ. If you're interested let me know... its FREE PLAY! LOL In total I have nine games at my house, I moved some out a couple days ago.

Down at our Escape Room I just took up Beatles and will be bringing up Lord of the Rings.

But for my house I have a Big Lebowski coming so I had to make room!!!

Wanna play Wonka this weekend let me know.

IMG_4866 (resized).jpgIMG_4866 (resized).jpgIMG_4869 (resized).jpgIMG_4869 (resized).jpg
    #8 4 years ago

That is great DrFrightner, I will be there. Let me know what time and what I need to bring. Your collection looks great and I believe we are fairly close from what the pinside map shows me.

#9 4 years ago

Hey you're more than welcome to come by. Send me an email [email protected]

#10 4 years ago

Thank you, sent you an email.

1 month later
    #11 4 years ago

I had thoughts of starting a meetup as well. Did you ever get a home 'league' or casual meetup going? I live in Fenton, but don't mind a little trip to meet you guys.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from comicalman:

I had thoughts of starting a meetup as well. Did you ever get a home 'league' or casual meetup going? I live in Fenton, but don't mind a little trip to meet you guys.

No I never got anything set up. I do know Finnflash and dr frightener live out in st charles county with me. I am game really to meet up anywhere. I have 3 games in my basement, Bram Stokers Dracula, TMNT, and Guardians of the galaxy. The TMNT doesn't get much play except from the kids. I have been playing in the league at Silver Ballroom, its about a 45 minute drive for me so I'm not afraid to travel out of St charles.

#13 4 years ago

Have you thought about playing in a league at Padavans? My son and I are in a league there on Sunday's. Really nice people there, I recommend it. And not so far away.

#14 4 years ago

I really like the guys at silver ballroom but it is a haul to south city. I was definetly thinking of either doing two plumbers or padavans. When does the next leagues start at Padavans? I have playoffs at Silver ballroom on wednesday then they are done until fall league.

#15 4 years ago

Next Padavan's Tuesday league starts on October 8th at 7PM, three weeks from next Tuesday. Our Sunday afternoon league is in the middle of the season right now, but you are welcome to come up and play as a guest, play starts at 3PM.

I believe Two Plumbers starts up again in a couple of weeks on Wednesday nights, check FB for latest information. There are other Fall leagues at The Waiting Room, CP Pinball, and The Silver Ballroom as well. Up Down will have a short Monday night league starting late next month.

This note is for those STL metro area players that have not played in a pinball league. Plenty of opportunities to get out and enjoy pinball among others that enjoy pinball, too. Also, if you are looking to buy or sell games, many league members are actively engaged in buying and selling. You can get playing tips from strong players and repair tips from people with many years of experience. Check it out and see for yourself.

#16 4 years ago

Thanks for the info Brian. I may have to come up next Sunday to Padavans as a guest.

#17 4 years ago

Hi. Caught your posting of STL locations.. Do any of you know if there is a pinball location in the St. Louis area that has a good quantity of early solid state machines? That’s my preference to play and collect. I’ve been to CP Pinball and it has some.. looking for more. I’m in the St. Louis area quite a bit and may be moving there next year. Thanks for any replies.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Powdevil:

Hi. Caught your posting of STL locations.. Do any of you know if there is a pinball location in the St. Louis area that has a good quantity of early solid state machines? That’s my preference to play and collect. I’ve been to CP Pinball and it has some.. looking for more. I’m in the St. Louis area quite a bit and may be moving there next year. Thanks for any replies.

I do not know of any other collections that would have some except CP. Most everything you find around here are earl solid state on.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from smcclain65:

I do not know of any other collections that would have some except CP. Most everything you find around here are earl solid state on.

Ok Thanks. If anyone finds a cache of early 80’s pins please let me know. Would like to play some classic machines that I haven’t owned or played yet.

2 weeks later
    #20 4 years ago

Hello St Louis Pinheads

I am heading to CP on Saturday for a little pinball birthday bash for a few hours. Let me know if your going to be there and we can hit up some wonka.

1 week later
    #21 4 years ago

Stop by www.TheDarkness.com we have just added Elvira House or Horrors Pinball game to our Monster Party room. The game is on 50 cents!

We also just added a Munsters Topper. Stop by!

IMG_5317 (resized).jpgIMG_5317 (resized).jpgIMG_5384 (resized).jpgIMG_5384 (resized).jpgIMG_5389 (resized).jpgIMG_5389 (resized).jpgIMG_5390 (resized).jpgIMG_5390 (resized).jpgIMG_5391 (resized).jpgIMG_5391 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-louis-area-home-players-meetup?hl=smcclain65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.