• Latest reply 9 years ago by SunKing
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
1397511_10152034493504244_1994294615_o.jpg
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

We have all talked about how much people like the game and how incredible this game is, but what are peoples strategies for scoring and progression. What can stack with what? Start a mode and then get vengeance going is a good combo for example. Also what are players scoring strategies or the best modes to tackles 1st, 2nd or third for progression. Is it more beneficial to complete an entire stack of a single mode or spread it out and attempt to finish all modes once?

Thoughts?

1397511_10152034493504244_1994294615_o.jpg1397511_10152034493504244_1994294615_o.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Not good enough to even think about strategies yet although I like to get a mode going with vengeance multiball and complete vengeance - seems to make score jump. If possible followed up by Klingon multiball - do Klingons have multiballs as well as two hearts? Anyway that usually gets me up to around 50 mil by which time I've usually used up all the balls.

If I can make a warp ramp or two I count it as a good game

#3 10 years ago

Important is to double the destruction bonus of the vengeance from 5 to 10 mil.. Also Prime Directive is a brillaint mission for stacking with vengeance or klingon MB due to the fact that nearly any lane is lit.
Vengeance scoring can be double (each shot) and the final shot of vengeance battle can (again) be doubled to 10 mil..

#4 10 years ago

How do you double vengeance? Shoot the shots lit up and then hit the ship? I'm also not clear what to shoot to add balls to make it 4 instead of 2 ball multiball.

#5 10 years ago

Double vengeane by shooting any ramp or loop and then the ship.
Hitting the caputered ball within 15 seconds will start a 3 ball MB, hitting black hole (if lit) will add another ball total of 4 balls, hitting black holes draining one ball to a 2 ball MB will lead to a 3 ball MB again.

#6 10 years ago

My strategy is to light the three mission on the RHS to get Super Ramps, then get the rest. Always stack Vengeance with a running mode and make sure you hit you add a balls on the black hole. On the second and third Vengeance missions always hit the LHS ramp first before collecting your Vengeance scoring. Try to stack a Vengeance with a Kobyasi Marou. Hit consecutive shots with any mode running especially in Wizard modes. Do not go for warp ramps unless you have the ball save or in multiball but ensure you hit enough to collect your extra ball if it is turned on. Good luck in completing level 2 and 3 missions they are tough, best score so far is 225M...

#7 10 years ago

You guys make it sound so easy when I hit the captive ball in vengeance I usually end up with two balls magnetised and then have to wait for the counter to count down and release them. Must not be hitting it hard enough or something.

#8 10 years ago

Any guidance on when to 'Punch it!'?

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from worldofglenn:

I use it anytime I want to get vengeance ready. As others have mentioned its nice to start a mode and have vengeance ready then hit vengeance to have both running @ the same time.

If a player has klingon multiball ready and needs one more lock and also has vengeance ready. Then hits the vengence shot what happens? I think vengeance starts and you have to restart the klingon multi-ball after the mode is over. Would be cool to stack the 2 modes, but may be to powerful and crazy scoring!

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Try to stack a Vengeance with a Kobyasi Marou.

I did this tonight...or so I thought, but it actually seems like instead of stacking them, when KM started, it turned off Vengeance before I had a chance to complete (destroy) it.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I did this tonight...or so I thought, but it actually seems like instead of stacking them, when KM started, it turned off Vengeance before I had a chance to complete (destroy) it.

You might be right when I did it I had both lit at the same time and then I believe had both modes going but didn't really pay too much attention to the screen, I thought I was able to destroy Vengeance and also complete Kobyasi but I could be wrong too, a lot was going on there, I also hit my 9.9 warp in that mode as well which complicated things even more... Either way I got a crap load of scoring in that mode...

#12 10 years ago

So for the past few days I've been trying to stack level 3 awards and I've just been bashing my head against a wall in doing so. Too difficult for a little reward.

Tonight, I kept it simple and absolutely fell back in love with this game. It did help that I loosened my tilt up and adjusted the warp ramp so it's easier to get consecutive warp ramps. Anyway, this seems to be my strategy :

Start with Klingon battle, move to Nero, then prime directive.
Then I do Klingon battle II with vengeance mb.
Next I do destroy the drill and get 3 in a row.
When I'm rdy for Klingon mb; I get Klingon battle 3 going and can usually complete it during Klingon mb which awards 2X left ramp.
Then I grind out the final level 1 missions hoping to keep 2X left ramp award alive for KM mb.
After KM mb I'll go into level 2 save the enterprise and start vengeance scoring. If I'm close to warp 9.9, I'll use that ball for vengeance scoring instead.
Then move to save the enterprise 3 and vengeance battle.

I haven't really made it past this point. I have no idea how I put up a 200+ mil game but I did once not sure how lol

Klingon battle and save the enterprise seem to be the easiest to complete all 3; I want to say they are not timed modes but cannot confirm at this time. Nero seems to be the next level 3 to go for. But I only go for one level 3 in the beginning but only after lighting the board up so I can have that 2X shot going into KM mb.

Does anyone know if any of the level 3 missions award vengeance shot 2X? That would be a sweet stackable award with the vengeance modes.

Anyway, love the game! Gnight

#13 10 years ago

The level three 2x shots are worthless because they do not stack with the 2x combo multiplier and do not affect most jackpots. Vengeance does not have a dedicated 2x from level three. Just the combo 2x award.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Tonight, I kept it simple and absolutely fell back in love with this game. It did help that I loosened my tilt up and adjusted the warp ramp so it's easier to get consecutive warp ramps

Adjusted warp ramp how?

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

You guys make it sound so easy when I hit the captive ball in vengeance I usually end up with two balls magnetised and then have to wait for the counter to count down and release them. Must not be hitting it hard enough or something.

I had the same problem but after replacing the balls with high gloss low magnetic balls the problem is solved. Also the autoplunger is strong again (after not being able to do the skill shots anymore).

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sometimes I think that the vengeance MB is buggy e.g. in case you do not hit the ball within 15 seconds and have no hit via the ramps the software goes on with the normal mission just with 2 balls (like warp 9.9). Also the start of the second ball can (depending on the running mission) be a skill shot or not. Also having extra ball and vengeance lit, sometimes you only get the extra ball and have to shoot the ship again.

#17 10 years ago

Can someone explain "captains chair" would do I do when's that's flashing?

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Duex:

I had the same problem but after replacing the balls with high gloss low magnetic balls the problem is solved. Also the autoplunger is strong again (after not being able to do the skill shots anymore).

I bought some supposed high gloss low magnet balls but they seemed worse. It wouldn't release them without a nudge at all. Must have super magnets.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Can someone explain "captains chair" would do I do when's that's flashing?

Good question, I only see it flashing during the attract mode

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

I bought some supposed high gloss low magnet balls but they seemed worse. It wouldn't release them without a nudge at all. Must have super magnets.

If they're the ones from pinball life, you should be fine and the problem could be elsewhere. If they're from Marco specialties, that's your problem.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Adjusted warp ramp how?

Back off the exit warp ramp screw, then grab the warp ramp from behind the backboard and move it around (it only moves a hair - forward, left, right , and back) then tighten screw. Gotta find the sweet spot for your pitch. Mine was back and to the left. I had to adjust it a few times to find that sweet spot. It doesn't work flawless every time, but can't complain about 5 in a row

image.jpgimage.jpg

Edit: the pic is an indicator of which screw - not where my warp lies - I've adjusted it since that pic as I've been playing around with my game pitch levels.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

The level three 2x shots are worthless because they do not stack with the 2x combo multiplier and do not affect most jackpots. Vengeance does not have a dedicated 2x from level three. Just the combo 2x award.

Thanks for clarifying!
How does the 2x combo multiplier work? And does it stack with jackpots and victory laps and/or vengeance scoring /battle?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks for clarifying!
How does the 2x combo multiplier work? And does it stack with jackpots and victory laps and/or vengeance scoring /battle?

Yes, yes and yes.

#24 10 years ago

Anyone with an idea how to increase the combo-value? usually the 2-way combo is 125k. Yesterday after a 5-way combo it was 225k, pure random or is there some kind of system?

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks for clarifying!

Yes, yes, and yes. Hit a shot, say left ramp, then immediately hit the vengeance when lit for 5m and instead it will be doubled for 10m.
I believe the small enterprise insert is your combo shot indicator.
You even combo shots during modes all the time for double score.
Watch Bowen's tutorial vid and you can see him do it and talk about it. Especially when he is in KB MB.
Hope that helps explain some.
It does not stack with the 2x multiplier though that you get from completing a mode lvl 3 is what Keith is stating.

#26 10 years ago

Cool. Thanks for the clarifications. I remember I was combo'ing the shit out of the game when I finally broke the 200 mil barrier. This combo then hit jp must work for vengeance scoring and vengeance battle as well I would presume?

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Start with Klingon battle, move to Nero, then prime directive.

Why would you do this instead of going for three in a row right off the bat? I'd think it would make more sense to get the three in a row going asap?

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why would you do this instead of going for three in a row right off the bat? I'd think it would make more sense to get the three in a row going asap?

Ya it does; but I like Neros mode + I don't want to start it by accident on a mb - for some reason I don't think that mode is active during vengeance mb. Can anyone confirm?

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ya it does; but I like Neros mode + I don't want to start it by accident on a mb - for some reason I don't think that mode is active during vengeance mb. Can anyone confirm?

I also stack a mode with any multiball, or Vengeance scoring modes, I believe that the modes are active...

#30 10 years ago

Please what do i do when "Captains Chair" is flashing?

Thanks

#31 10 years ago

<edited> Some great ideas/info being shared here thanks for all the tips guys!

Quoted from pins4life33:

I also stack a mode with any multiball, or Vengeance scoring modes, I believe that the modes are active...

Yeah both multiball and regular modes will run together and the shots that will be for both the inserts will alternate colors depending on what mode/multiball it is.

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Sorry the Premium/LE likely have a more updated code version than the Pro. I didn't think of that before now.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Thanks

I think, without any other modes lit shoot the ball into vengeance. It turned on kobayashi maru multi ball.

1 week later
#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If they're the ones from pinball life, you should be fine and the problem could be elsewhere. If they're from Marco specialties, that's your problem.

Hi Eskaybee,

could you please explain the difference of low magnetic balls (as I have some problems with them here in Europe)?

Thanks & Happy New Year!

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Thanks

Enjoy your Super Ramps, Spinner, or Pops award. Carries over between balls, untimed, has a cap on total # of ramps (10), spins, and pops that you get the Super points -- once you reach the cap, then your Super mode(s) is over. Can only get one awarding of Super mode per triangle, but can get two of them at once by completing a point of the triangle that finishes two sides at the same time. Stacks onto everything, I believe. Your Super points value is based on how you performed on the three modes that make up that side of the triangle.
Super Ramps (and I believe Super Spinner) can be 2x using combos.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from worldofglenn:

Unless you need help getting into V-MB on ball three, then save them for V-MB to use them for progress toward Super JP (Vengeance Defeated).

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Unless you need help getting into V-MB on ball three, then save them for V-MB to use them for progress toward Super JP (Vengeance Defeated).

Yes that's good advice. Then once done with Vengeance MB use them to chop wood through the next two dull vengeance modes to get back to the Vengeance MB.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Your Super points value is based on how you performed on the three modes that make up that side of the triangle.
Super Ramps (and I believe Super Spinner) can be 2x using combos.

This I did not know! Thanks snailman.

Also to answer your question from a week or so back on what to do in destroy the drill mode. I just killed it the other night. It used to be my least favorite mode but now becoming my favorite. The game flows so smooth, here is my strategy - right ramp (for combo bonus), left loop (award shot), warp (award shot), left loop, warp, repeat. The game flows so nicely you can left loop it to the warp then let the ball travel down to the right flipper and hit the left loop again 'on the fly' back to the warp ramp. I think I did this successfully 3 times and not only was it a blast but finally got some decent points on DTD. The 'on the fly' technique and shooting in this pin is unmatched vs any other pin IMO. Love it!

also, I recommend turning feature adjustment 33 To NO (pro model adj#30?), this allows the 2x pf shot that is rewarded for completing a level 3 mission to carry on from ball to ball. In addition to this, going for DTD level 1,2&3 at the beginning of the game lights the 2x warp ramp. If you can get consecutive warp shots with this lit and/or get a Klingon super JP, you can get some good points. I haven't entirely tested the scoring potentials with warp 2x lit, but my average scores have increased by approx 20 mil. On the downside, going 3 deep in any mission is risky and is only rewarding with feature adjustment 33 set to NO. And if it's set default then I'd say plan to complete level 3 DTD during Klingon mb so you can go for a combo warped 2x super JP

DTD, KB, and STE seem to be the easiest missions to go 3 deep. FYI.

Hope this post made sense lol.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This I did not know! Thanks snailman.
Also to answer your question from a week or so back on what to do in destroy the drill mode. I just killed it the other night. It used to be my least favorite mode but now becoming my favorite. The game flows so smooth, here is my strategy - right ramp (for combo bonus), left loop (award shot), warp (award shot), left loop, warp, repeat. The game flows so nicely you can left loop it to the warp then let the ball travel down to the right flipper and hit the left loop again 'on the fly' back to the warp ramp. I think I did this successfully 3 times and not only was it a blast but finally got some decent points on DTD. The 'on the fly' technique and shooting in this pin is unmatched vs any other pin IMO. Love it!
also, I recommend turning feature adjustment 33 To NO (pro model adj#30?), this allows the 2x pf shot that is rewarded for completing a level 3 mission to carry on from ball to ball. In addition to this, going for DTD level 1,2&3 at the beginning of the game lights the 2x warp ramp. If you can get consecutive warp shots with this lit and/or get a Klingon super JP, you can get some good points. I haven't entirely tested the scoring potentials with warp 2x lit, but my average scores have increased by approx 20 mil. On the downside, going 3 deep in any mission is risky and is only rewarding with feature adjustment 33 set to NO. And if it's set default then I'd say plan to complete level 3 DTD during Klingon mb so you can go for a combo warped 2x super JP
DTD, KB, and STE seem to be the easiest missions to go 3 deep. FYI.
Hope this post made sense lol.

Thanks. I also found that DTD cash-in combo is left orbit to Warp ramp. Unfortunately, also happens to be very dangerous shot, but quite satisfying to hit. 2x warp ramp can lucrative with many consecutive warp ramps -- also dangerous, but fun. My record is 8 warp ramps in a row. Still not worth it in competitive play unless it's in MB.

What did you mean by "award shot?" Did you figure out the math/logic to mode combo scoring?

#40 10 years ago

What does "Jackpot" mean?

I hear it a lot (in two voices, "Klingon Jackpot!" and "Jackpot") in Klingon Multiball, but have no idea what it means or how I got it. I presume it's a good thing, though.

As far as Multiball goes... I can't make shots in multiball. Sometimes with just 2 balls I can shoot one somewhere (e.g., into the left lock or the right "back to launch lane") to give me time to aim a shot with the other ball, but 3 or 4 balls forget it, it's just get them off the flipper as fast as possible before another ball gets to the flipper.

I have never won a Klingon Multiball or a Kobyashi Multiball - where winning I think is defined as making each of 6 shots twice. (2 locks, 2 ramps, 2 orbits) I've gotten very close, but still working on it.

Thanks!

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

What did you mean by "award shot?" Did you figure out the math/logic to mode combo scoring?

I just meant a shot that's awarded for the mission/mode.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Admiral:

What does "Jackpot" mean?
I hear it a lot (in two voices, "Klingon Jackpot!" and "Jackpot") in Klingon Multiball, but have no idea what it means or how I got it. I presume it's a good thing, though.
As far as Multiball goes... I can't make shots in multiball. Sometimes with just 2 balls I can shoot one somewhere (e.g., into the left lock or the right "back to launch lane") to give me time to aim a shot with the other ball, but 3 or 4 balls forget it, it's just get them off the flipper as fast as possible before another ball gets to the flipper.
I have never won a Klingon Multiball or a Kobyashi Multiball - where winning I think is defined as making each of 6 shots twice. (2 locks, 2 ramps, 2 orbits) I've gotten very close, but still working on it.
Thanks!

I'm not sure the JP rules or scoring yet for Klingon. But I do know when you get all the single JP shots gone, there will be a roaming double JP shot that dances around the pf. Hit that, then the super JP will light which is the warp ramp. Not sure what determines the super JP score yet but I 'think' it might be based off your JP shots??? Need to confirm. Whatever it is, it's a fairly low super JP score for the level of difficulty.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Admiral:

Refine how you play multiballs. Go watch video at papa.org of modern pins with multiball. It's easier said than done, but the basics are: cradle 1 or more balls on one flipper, and use the other ball and free flipper to hit shots with only a single ball actively "in play." There are a lot more nuances and flipper skills required to pull it off, but once you do, you'll see your average score during multiballs increase.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Whatever it is, it's a fairly low super JP score for the level of difficulty.

I agree!

#45 10 years ago

Does the instant info menu tells you how many shots left for mb or warp shots or you have to remember all that while scoring?

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from JackSlater:

Does the instant info menu tells you how many shots left for mb or warp shots or you have to remember all that while scoring?

Currently, I know it shows you # balls locked for Klingon MB. I don't believe it shows warp shots or shots left until next Vengeance mode.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Refine how you play multiballs. Go watch video at papa.org of modern pins with multiball. It's easier said than done, but the basics are: cradle 1 or more balls on one flipper, and use the other ball and free flipper to hit shots with only a single ball actively "in play." There are a lot more nuances and flipper skills required to pull it off, but once you do, you'll see your average score during multiballs increase.

Yep, thanks for the reminders. I do try these techniques (and have watched some videos about it). For two balls, I can do that (hold one, shoot another). However, once I am cradling two balls and have a third, it usually seems to go crazy. I did once get all 4 cradled in one flipper. Not sure how I managed it now that I think of it.

#48 10 years ago

Star Trek is a really tough game to cradle and control balls during mb.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Star Trek is a really tough game to cradle and control balls during mb.

Tougher than most other recent Stern's because of the layout, but still doable. Juggling two balls is much easier than three or all four at once. With two balls cradled on the left flipper, backhanding the saucer with the top ball is easy money. With two balls cradled during Vengeance multiball, use torpedoes to damage the ship up until one hit left (watch the gauge on the display), then hit a ramp and finish it off for 10M (2x combo bonus). Cradling will also help you make the warp ramp shots during Klingon multiball, which are often the last one or two shots left. Cradle one ball on left flipper, then use right flipper to hit the left orbit around to the upper flipper/ warp ramp. Cradling during Hibachi and the other mini wiz modes is critical too if you want to finish them.

Finishing multiballs and the mini wiz modes pretty much requires cradling. If you've had the game for a while and aren't finishing multiballs, start cradling and you will eventually finish them.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Currently, I know it shows you # balls locked for Klingon MB. I don't believe it shows warp shots or shots left until next Vengeance mode.

ok, those instant menus are really worthless nowadays. If at least they showed progress.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-leprem-scoringprogression-strategys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.