(Topic ID: 73854)

ST LE real good pin or initial euphoria?

By rai

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ozno
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Real Good Pin and really fun. Fast play and comparable with some of Sterns best TRON and AC/DC

More code coming out over the next couple months will make this a top stern for sure. Very happy with my purchase

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

So you picked STLE over getting lucky ?

Haha ummmmmm uhhhhhh ....there's always tonight? If I don't turn the game on

#53 10 years ago

I also think it's the best pin to date, but agree that the modes need more personality. I think they can fix that with more callouts and sounds.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

So you picked STLE over getting lucky ?

Glad I am not the only one

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I stopped reading reviews and watching update videos for exactly this reason. I didn't want to get too high on this before I got it. I was also hoping to discover much of the stuff on my own.
Here's hoping. My biggest complaint is the lack of personality, but hopefully the Bones audio pack will help with that.

Hey different strokes for different folks, everyone is entitled to their own opinion... If you don't like it I know there will be a lineup of people who will be willing to take it off your hands for sure... This game is simply outstanding and deserves all the hype cause it is a great out of the box game... Let's hope this is now the standard that Stern is putting out cause if that is the case we all win...

#56 10 years ago

Being a big Star Trek fan to begin with might make me a little bias in my opinion and the Star Trek LE is my first NIB pin and wile it took me a wile to warm up to the JJ Abrams vision of Star Trek being a diehard fan of TOS I must say even with the disappointment of no LDC with HD video, doomed with a red DMD I will say Stern with Steve Ritchie knocked it out of the park with a home run. After playing STLE for a few weeks now I still cant wait till I have some time out of my day to get in as many games as I can. I also have owned STTNG for about 13 years now and I never thought anyone would ever top that title. Don't get me wrong, I love my STTNG but I fired it up to play a few games wile my brother was playing my STLE and it was strange as I found it rather big, slow and klunkey playing. STLE is my new #1 pin with STTNG a close #2 and my Bally Star Trek #3.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

AC/DC was ripped on before it came out just like STLE ! I bet on Ritchie and did not care what people said on his last two Ritchie games .
Ritchie delivered big time on both AC/DC and STLE both winners!
Stle has only gotten better the more I play it .</blockquote

That is a must, once you get the game it only gets better. Anyone who says MEH and only has a few games on it should wait until they understand the game before judging it with a MEH !

Ritchie did deliver on AC/DC, but what makes the game one of the top games of all time is Lyman.

Will the new Star Trek recieve the same level of time dedicated to code?

I hope so, and I don't even own the game.

#58 10 years ago

I was in from the beginning on a STLE and haven't regretted it for a second. It's a fast, beautiful machine and is only going to get better with updates. I can't top 100 mil. on it yet, but am really enjoying it. I'd say it has more than lived up to the hype.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from arock:

I was in from the beginning on a STLE and haven't regretted it for a second. It's a fast, beautiful machine and is only going to get better with updates. I can't top 100 mil. on it yet, but am really enjoying it. I'd say it has more than lived up to the hype.

My best score on the pro is 67 mil. on a location game.

#60 10 years ago

It's a very fun playing pin no euphoria in that opinion. Great layout and fast as all get out.

#61 10 years ago

Fantastic game. Had a party with a bunch of non-pinball people Saturday and it was definitely the most popular game of my collection. Time will tell, but so far it's a great, deep game. Incredibly smooth shots. It's definitely a keeper and the LE is gorgeous.

Here's my long review (scroll down to the bottom of the page):

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-i-got-my-stle-and-this-is-what-i-think-thread/page/9

#62 10 years ago

MIne is still in the box in my garage. I should be opening it within a week or two.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

MIne is still in the box in my garage. I should be opening it within a week or two.

WHAT!?!
How can you hold back Man?

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Mine's at Pinball Refinery. I won't see it until my game room is finished in early March.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

WHAT!?!
How can you hold back Man?

Building a new house. Just got power. Carpeting for the game room to be installed soon. I will move in soon and then the new game room will come to life.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

One thing to be mindful of, too, is that when you have so many very positive initial reviews like STLE is getting, the expectations for people who haven't played it yet can be through the roof, which can often lead to somewhat of a letdown when it doesn't live up to the lofty expectations.

True. I had a chance to play pingod's LE on the weekend (thanks pingod!). Beautiful looking machine. From all the hype I was expecting to plunge the ball and have my brain explode out of my skull. That didn't happen (imagine the mess) but I did get a solid, fun playing experience. Loved the flow, DOTs were cool, music was alright. Was too busy with my usual pinball style (spastically just trying to keep the ball alive) to get a firm grasp on the rules in the 10 games or so I played, but started to get the hang of it.

Seriously thinking of getting a Premium, but I didn't get a "must by one immediately" urge. Will probably try to sell a couple pins first. My biggest concern about the title is that with current code, and the openness of the shots (other than the Warp ramp) it might not have a lot of lasting power long term for some players. For me it is probably okay, because I suck, but I could see better players mastering this one relatively quickly and getting bored.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

My biggest concern about the title is that with current code, and the openness of the shots (other than the Warp ramp) it might not have a lot of lasting power long term for some players. For me it is probably okay, because I suck, but I could see better players mastering this one relatively quickly and getting bored.

Ask Eskaybee what he thinks about that being an issue (great player).

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ask Eskaybee what he thinks about that being an issue (great player).

Not sure how to answer that quite yet as the game is still new. The shot layout seems great, but its the current code that concerns me and needs work IMO for lasting power. The level 1 missions last too long and are a bit repetitive. I'd rather see mini objectives in the level 1 missions and make them stackable. For example, have destroy the drill be a shot to the left VuK followed by a right ramp shot - mission complete. Have Nero be spin the spinner 25 times. Have Klingon battle a 2 way ramp combo left/right similar to RnR train in ACDC. Those are just examples - programming will have to get creative to make it mesh together.

Bottom line; level 2&3 missions are great as is. Level 1 missions need a quicker way to complete the mission rather than just a timer. It's a deep game but the shot layout is no walk in the park. Allow the player to get deeper into the ruleset quicker is my current opinion on the rules after a week of ownership.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

True. I had a chance to play pingod's LE on the weekend (thanks pingod!). Beautiful looking machine. From all the hype I was expecting to plunge the ball and have my brain explode out of my skull. That didn't happen (imagine the mess) but I did get a solid, fun playing experience. Loved the flow, DOTs were cool, music was alright. Was too busy with my usual pinball style (spastically just trying to keep the ball alive) to get a firm grasp on the rules in the 10 games or so I played, but started to get the hang of it.
Seriously thinking of getting a Premium, but I didn't get a "must by one immediately" urge. Will probably try to sell a couple pins first. My biggest concern about the title is that with current code, and the openness of the shots (other than the Warp ramp) it might not have a lot of lasting power long term for some players. For me it is probably okay, because I suck, but I could see better players mastering this one relatively quickly and getting bored.

If you're looking to get a premium, id wait for the next code release and see what issues they address. The game is deep but as others have complained, the level 1 missions get old quick.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If you're looking to get a premium, id wait for the next code release and see what issues they address. The game is deep but as others have complained, the level 1 missions get old quick.

Reason I say wait for the next code update cause right now my opinion is, the current missions give me the sense that the game is more work than fun. Don't get me wrong, it's a blast to play - but I'm starting to get a sense of the chopping wood syndrome in this current code.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Even for good players this title has lastibility because it is damn tough to get all the wizard levels completed, my best score right now is 225M and I still did not complete all the level 2 modes, no matter the level 3 modes which are really difficult to complete. With codes changes this could be one of those epic games, for me it is a top 5 pin right now...

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

- 555 GI; I hope one day stern gets it right and goes back to 47s, I have 2-4 bulbs that flicker in the GI due to the speed and intensity of this game. Yes, I need to check out these bulbs and at least there are none popping out like xmen or acdc. But the flickering is a nuisance.

I think this is mostly due to getting jostled while shipping...or the factory workers just plopping them in really quick. Whenever I've had a flickery bulb on a new LED Stern, just take it out - bend the wires on the bulb 'outwards' a bit...make sure they're gonna make the best contact with the socket. Then I push the socket 'metal grips' in a bit so they grip tighter. Once I do that, they never flicker and never fall out.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Even for good players this title has lastibility because it is damn tough to get all the wizard levels completed, my best score right now is 225M and I still did not complete all the level 2 modes, no matter the level 3 modes which are really difficult to complete. With codes changes this could be one of those epic games, for me it is a top 5 pin right now...

This is pretty much spot on how I feel.

#74 10 years ago

It's still an expensive light show. It's a fun pin for sure but nothing new aside from lights. does have that ACDC, SM feel so cool. I like mine but can certainly can't say it's a keeper yet

#75 10 years ago

I am jealous of all the people who are even in the position to complain because they've played theirs. Those of us awaiting shipment are chomping at the bit to un-box it much less play it much less review it!

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

It's still an expensive light show. It's a fun pin for sure but nothing new aside from lights. does have that ACDC, SM feel so cool. I like mine but can certainly can't say it's a keeper yet

It is night and day better than SM! Just my opinion of course

ACDC is harder to compare as a very different game.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

I like mine but can certainly can't say it's a keeper yet

so you opened the box?

#78 10 years ago

What makes STLE layout-wise is the ideal combination of super smooth layout, with the tough and rewarding warp ramp, the awesome kickback, the wide shots to start modes and the ship shot which is not too wide and fires back at you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-le-real-good-pin-or-initial-euphoria/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.