image-765.jpg
image-644.jpg
image-985.jpg
image.jpg
Star Trek.jpg
sttflip.jpg
flipper_button.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 10 years ago

I was having a lot of second thoughts about the LE. I played the GAP's LE in his showroom and knew I made the right decision getting the game. Light show is great, backglass & side rail candy is sweet, kickback is great. I really enjoy the diverter return to the left flipper from the saucer. Red laser projector looks better in person IMHO.

#14 10 years ago

They work in test. They are not coded to work yet though.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Really? Really?? Each level is different? Horse crap. They all feel the same when you play it. All of the modes feel the same. All 18 of them. I don't mind that you are acting as a shill, but at least have a sliver of practicality. You could even call it a great game (it isn't), but saying Destroy The Drill 1 is really different from Destroy The Drill 2? No, it isn't.

Haters gotta hate.

#72 10 years ago

I think the modes feel different as you get into the II and III modes. The I modes are suppose to be easy.

#133 10 years ago

I have only seen the ball go to the wirsform so far.

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from Skulz:

I have seen the kickback miss the ball and the ball drain. Have only seen the vuk return ball via wireform in the 20 games or so that I watched/played.
Kickback targets are worth some decent points as the ball bounces around.
Very easy to relight kickback.
Vuk return to flipper and kickback make LE much easier compared to pro.
Not the kind of game play differences that I want to have on an LE.
Not knowing which shot to hit next on the modes bugs me because the game flows well and the game is very fast. Some of this will be learned through more play, but I am unsure if there is a logical shot progression on some of the modes. Like hit left ramp and then left ramp, spinner, left vuk, and warp are lit for next shot. Hitting left ramp over and over on the fly isn't always possible.
One game I completed a level two mode, but no insert was lit afterwards. This after completing all level one modes. Have not been back to arcade yet to play more to see if I can recreate this.
Best game I had was around 107m on stock settings, so got to see a good bit of the game thus far. Had a few 100m games.

basically you want to hit the lit shield targets during each mode. After a successful shot certain shield targets will be lit to get more points. Enterprise targets will also be lit for combos and double points but only for short time.

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from Skulz:

Yes, what you stated is what I already know, but knowing which shot will be lit next is the problem sometimes when the ball is already at the flippers. There is literally not enough time for my brain to recognize which shot is lit next before the ball reaches the flipper because the returns are so fast - sometimes - and lacking game knowledge on what should be lit next. Sorry, I can't explain it well on the keyboard. For example, TFLE ramps are pretty slow to return to flipper so determining the next lit shot is pretty easy if you want to hit it on the fly.
Again, more plays and further game knowledge will help some.

Funny you say that the shots are different because all the Haters keep saying how all the modes are the same.

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Agree, the pro is a great machine and a great value, but if you can swing the extra bucks the LE is a forever keeper.

Amen to that!

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Do the shield lights on the apron serve any function yet? Keep looking through vids but can't spot what they do. Was hoping they were tied into gameplay somehow.

Nope.

#214 10 years ago

He's to busy playing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-le-is-incredible-out-of-the-box?tu=tomgwi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.