image-765.jpg
image-644.jpg
image-985.jpg
image.jpg
Star Trek.jpg
sttflip.jpg
flipper_button.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#225 10 years ago

Got mine last night too.

The title of this thread is spot on. It *is* incredible out of the box!

STLE is simply incredible to see in person. It is the best looking pin that I have ever seen in terms of the overall package. It comes together incredibly well.

The new inserts and RGB lighting is incredible! No other Stern looks anything like this. This is a big step beyond anything that they've done yet. Attract mode is gorgeous!

So many things on STLE look better in person: the PF, the powder coat (super nice blue with the most noticeable flakes yet in any Stern), the laser etched backlit Enterprise is sweet. So is the metal speaker panel, nice brushed aluminum look.

The side LED strips, inside and out, gives a really nice effect too.

And game play is excellent. This thing is a flow monster! It has a definitive Ritchie feel to it that I love. This is my type of pin.

Sounds are simply superb. One of the main reasons this theme appealed to me was that I knew that there were a lot of cool sounds that they could implement. They have done a great job on that, and it will only get better when we get Urban's custom speech.

Haven't played enough to comment on code/rules, but man, so far this is the best first impression that I have ever had after playing a pin for the first time (it has taken over the prior top spot from Iron Man in terms of first impressions).

Pin is bad ass.

#235 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I hope your not saying its better than ac/dc because that would be a violation of the prime directive

I won't speak for him, but from my perspective the initial/first impression out of the box is even better than AC/DC. Both in terms of overall appearance (this is the best looking pin, overall, bar none in my opinion) and game play (in terms of how it flows and shoots).

Code is a different story and remains to be seen, but it will be hard to ever beat AC/DC in that regard.

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok so now who is drinking and posting! Def best looking, not hard to beat Ac/dc there, it will never beat out Ac/dc unless Lyman jumps on the code and they figure out how to incorporate Ac/dc music in there. Let's not get carried away here

I'm not getting carried away at all.

You screwed up by canceling!

Seriously. Order one before its too late!

#241 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's the beauty of it, I'm glad you guys are loving it and if it stands the test of time with you guys being the guinea pigs then I'll jump on board in January when/if Stern announces a turd title.....
If Jimmy doesn't dump it like Met then that might be the ultimate sign for me But ever being better than Ac/dc, no way, no how. Heading out right now to put my new Polk sub in and blast the neighbors out!
It always has been one gorgeous pin, love that blue, but now you have to get a blue dmd, mandatory.....

You should see it in person Ice! Pics don't do it justice, especially things like the powder coating. The overall package just looks sweet in person.

#247 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Are you getting the blue dmd? I know it looks phenomenal, light show, everything, I'm heading up to Austin next week some time and Pinballz was supposed to get one on thursday, which is usually dangerous for me because after I play something I really like I usually buy it!

Yeah, I think eventually I'm going to have to get the blue DMD as it would look sweet on this title!

Quoted from sillyoldelf:

I'm hoping the build quality is a leap forward on Star Trek from ac/dc.

This is my 4th NIB purchase, and in terms of overall quality and things not working, STLE has been the best experience of any of them. XM was terrible, AC/DC was definitely in need of some tweaking, and my MET had a bad board and the drop target assembly needed to be replaced.

The worst thing that has happened on STLE so far is two loose LEDs in the GI.

#352 10 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I am sure Eskaybee is a really nice guy, but sometimes, seeing the scores he puts up, I hate him just a little. Or a lot. Depends on how badly I have been playing lately.

Try having him over to your house to play pinball!

You get to see him do things like get to Portal on Tron on his third game ever played.

Or get to Valinor when he game over to play a couple games on LOTR before buying it back, then deciding he didn't want it anymore because he just got to Valinor.

Or put up his initials on my MET that he's played a handful of times, that I've had for months.

So if you think *you* hate him just a little, or a lot, how do you think I feel?!

#372 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How is the code today?

Honestly, I think it is pretty darn good compared to most other Sterns this early in the game. It's a real good foundation, just needs plenty of additions still to really take it to the next level.

#388 10 years ago

For me the question is... Is the LE worth the price over the premium? (age old question)

Only you can answer that. For me, yes it is. I love the extra bling on the side rails. The backlit Enterprise shooting red photon torpedoes is sweet, and the mirrored backlass is very nice, and I personally like it by quite a bit over the premium and pro. Backlit Starfleet Insignias on the head are also cool. I have my STLE in the middle of an entryway going into the living room, so it is prominently displayed by itself, with no other pins blocking the view of the sides.

Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

When I am in Nero mode and lock a ball, that color combination is amazing

Nero is my favorite mode, mostly because of the cool sound effects.

#404 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

That right upper flipper. I only see shots made to that looping ramp. Is that the only target, or just fun to shoot at?

And that same ramp. Does the ball always make that same loop to the 3rd flipper? Or can it also go to the "normal" ramps to your main flippers.

Yes, it's super lame and boring!

Don't buy this pin. It's not for you.

#410 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ya the BB lights aren't implemented. But the warp ramp chase lights are. They go off for me 9 out of 10 times. I'm sure they'll be some code tweaks so it does go off 100%

The chase lights need to be implemented much better. I almost never notice them when I hit the warp ramp, I have to specifically look for it because they go off so fast

#421 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I dunno. Though I don't notice them every time, they are quite apparent when you're hitting back to back warps.

I hit five in a row yesterday. Never noticed the chase lights once.

I probably need to go in and check it with the glass off to make sure that they are working consistently.

#427 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

I had to use a spacer and lower the opto on the left side of the ramp. the hole is cut too low and the sensor mounts high there is a second opto that will register the shot but the first is the lights I believe... why its so high up the ramp may be the reason for the delay.

I paid more attention today. The chase lights do go off every time I hit the warp ramp. The reason that I don't usually notice them is because they come on way too late. In other words, by the time that they come on, the ball is already near the top of the ramp, and I'm already starting to look to the upper right portion of the orbit to get ready to hit the ball again with the upper flipper (so my eyes are looking away from where the chase lights are).

So this cool effect is mostly lost on the player, at least in my case.

#431 10 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

The top set of optos lights the ramp and it should be the bottom optos

I agree completely.

This is exactly why I don't notice the chase lights when they go off. It's similar to how I don't see what is happening on the DMD when the ball is about to hit the flipper.

#443 10 years ago

Agree with Jim... gotta cut Kwiki a break (none of it really matters anyways)

Cut him a break why?

Are you saying that he doesn't understand what he did? He does. He gave a shit rating to a game he hasn't played, just because he thinks STTNG is "better", a statement that he made long before any version of ST was even released.

He also previously admitted that he rated MM something like a 1.5 because he thought TZ was the better pin and didn't want MM to be ranked number 1.

So there are two occasions where he has given completely bogus ratings to a pin for the simple purpose of trying to manipulate the rankings.

Zero credibility to say the least. And believe me, I'm actually holding back here.

#446 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Like 50% of the ratings, good or bad, on Pinside.

Whatever. He is clearly part of the problem, and should be called out on it.

#477 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

It was happening to me a lot too. Then my silver jet balls came in the mail and ever since I put those in, it hasn't happened once. Maybe they are less magnetic??

Those are the exact opposite of what you should be using.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-le-is-incredible-out-of-the-box?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.