image-765.jpg
image-644.jpg
image-985.jpg
image.jpg
Star Trek.jpg
sttflip.jpg
flipper_button.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

as of right now... exactly the same... except the vuk shooting the ball up and back to the flippers.

I would agree that the Pro gameplay is 99.99% the same as the LE but I wouldn't say the VUK is the difference, it's actually no difference at all. It returns the ball to the exact place the scoop eject does anyway, it doesn't even need to be there. The one and only one gameplay difference on the LE is the kickback, that's it. So not a big gameplay difference at all on the LE, nothing like the difference between the pro and LE models of AC/DC or Xmen. If you have an expendable 3k then go LE because it is a beautiful machine but the pinball refinery can make your Pro have a lightshow that rivals the LE for sure and you'll still be putting 2k in your pocket after it gets the Refinery bling package.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wrong. They can't make all the inserts color-change. How much is the Refinery bling package anyway? I have to imagine after spending that extra money to pimp a Pro you could have just bought a Premium.

Yes I forgot about the inserts, you're right there. And you are also right about with the refinery package the Pro would be the same price as the Premium but the lightshow on a Refinery edition would be better then the Premium version IMO, with it's lit siderails and backbox kit, awesome.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, remember - the Premium playfield is the same as the LE - therefore, it also has full color changing inserts. Refinery cannot duplicate this.

Yes this is true. Well I hope they eventually do something cool with the colour changing inserts, that would be awesome!

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

How exactly are you expecting them to mod the color changers on a Pro?

Not expecting anyone to do that for the Pro, I know it is impossible. I was talking about the LE. I hope they do some kick ass programming and make the colour changing inserts something really cool on the LE.

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

The turn in the ramp by the vuk does slow it down and the whole vuk is really pretty useless. The star field projector is cool for about 10 seconds, I still haven't seen the warp ramp lights, trying to keep my eye on the flying ball...
I wish I had more time on a pro, I think I am understanding why people are saying the pro is the best bang for the buck.
Overall I like the pin, I am just not getting the warm fuzzy love fest others seem to.

Nice to see an LE owner give it an honest review.

#286 10 years ago
Quoted from bcfast:

What about 60 color changing led's instead of the 6 on the pro? 10x the light show!

I think he means gameplay differences not cosmetic differences? Not sure though?

#311 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I had to add some double sided tape to my flashers, they were dropping out of the socket. It only happens when I'm having a great game!!! The tape stopped the issue. Anyone have a fix for the twisted ship issue. I pulled the wires for more slack but my ship still twists nose right.

Star Trek.jpg 296 KB

My ship was twisted to the right a lot and leaning too. I just unscrewed the ship and took the big spring off and bent the spring in the opposite way the ship was twisted/leaning and when I put it back together again it was perfect. However I don't think the LE uses a spring so what I did probably won't work for you?

1 week later
#438 10 years ago
Quoted from bcfast:

Wow!! I see somebody just rated STLE at 1.5?? I know I am in the honeymoon phase and can find very little wrong with this game right now.... but is a 1.5 rating even honest? I think this kind of rating is BS and is just someone out to pull this title down. I am new here and am starting to see that there are allot of dishonest people here.

this game must really be a hot steaming piece of %$#@ ! I don't get these people.

1.52.jpg 13 KB

That must be a mistake. Kwiki loves the Star Trek theme, he loves STTNG. I just don't understand why people are so concerned with how other people rate games? If you personally like the game then cool who cares what someone else thinks. Some people gave it a rating on the other end of the spectrum, 10, is it really a 10, maybe, I think it sits more somewhere between 8 and 9. That being said I am totally guilty of "padding" a game too, I did it to Xmen.

#475 10 years ago

It was happening to me a lot too. Then my silver jet balls came in the mail and ever since I put those in, it hasn't happened once. Maybe they are less magnetic??

#480 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You're not supposed to use Silverjets on pins with magnets. Might work ok right now, but the balls will become magnetized before long.

Quoted from RobT:

Those are the exact opposite of what you should be using.

I didn't know that about silver jets. I will take them out and put them in Tron instead. Thanks for the info guys.

#485 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Can you guys get a room or something? It's getting tiring watching you squabble all over the whole forum like little kids. We get it, be the adult and move on.

This is why I didn't respond. To this or any of his other recent posts as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-le-is-incredible-out-of-the-box?tu=quartergrabber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.