image-765.jpg
image-644.jpg
image-985.jpg
image.jpg
Star Trek.jpg
sttflip.jpg
flipper_button.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

It easily beats ACDC in shot selection; many more satisfying shots in ST vs the cookie cutter layout of ACDC; not to mention much deeper code in ST already; I urge you guys to get to the different levels in the modes; each level is more difficult and different. Not to mention 3 different wizard modes.

Really? Really?? Each level is different? Horse crap. They all feel the same when you play it. All of the modes feel the same. All 18 of them. I don't mind that you are acting as a shill, but at least have a sliver of practicality. You could even call it a great game (it isn't), but saying Destroy The Drill 1 is really different from Destroy The Drill 2? No, it isn't.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Haters gotta hate.

I'm not a hater Tom. I love Stern games. I was playing one an hour ago, and had a fantastic time doing it. It has very complete code, and if I found Star Trek to be as much fun, I'd have called Trent and added ST right next to it.

I really don't find much difference between "in mode 1 it times out, and in mode 2, it doesn't". I played ST 2 days ago. It is ok to drop quarters in, but in my house? It just wouldn't cut it. But that's just my opinion. Yes, I have had the Vengeance fire balls back at me. And Star Trek has been one of my favorite themes since I was 12. I really liked the series reboot in the new movies. And the game just doesn't cut it in my opinion.

For those that bought the LE, I'm happy for you all. I really hope it is a long term game for you. If you like it, buy it. My opinion of the game doesn't matter anymore than anyone else's. And you all can make up your own mind if others are being a shill for the game (this one didn't time out, so I'll call it Shrill said Shill 2).

#63 10 years ago

And markmon said it better than I. They just don't feel different. I hate to bring up some of the better modes of Stern, but when I kill a Witch King, I feel like I did something cool. And the Elves give me a slice of pie for it! And I like pie! Pie is what they eat in Valinor (a place I have never visited). And if I am running from Ring Wraiths, it feels totally different. I know Stern is capable of this, because they have done it. And damnit, now I'm one of the douches that completely derailed a thread because I responded. I guess ST just isn't my style of game. And I know better than anyone that different people like different games. To those that bought into ST, enjoy the game! Kick its butt. Play the snot out of it, and have fun!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-le-is-incredible-out-of-the-box?tu=daveh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.