image-765.jpg
image-644.jpg
image-985.jpg
image.jpg
Star Trek.jpg
sttflip.jpg
flipper_button.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

Initial impressions (for me at least after only a few games), is that it's cool, but same old mission after mission. Don't be fooled.
Once you get it all figured out and realize Vengeance, Klingon multiball, warp ramp etc, you see that there's a lot going on after all.
Lots of fun so far! (day 2 and counting)

#17 10 years ago

Yup. This is Stern's flashiest pin by far. Best? Remains to be seen. Can't imagine it'll rival ACDC but these are my two top picks at the moment.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I really love the look and gameplay of the machine.....however.....I am compelled to put in clear flipper buttons with blue LED's. Its a sickness.....

What about replacing the white GIs in the slings with blue?

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Does the ship actually stay down in a crash position when balls are in play? Can you hit the crashed ship?

No, even after it crashes, it's still far enough above the playfield that you can't hit the ship itself.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Really? Really?? Each level is different? Horse crap. They all feel the same when you play it. All of the modes feel the same. All 18 of them. I don't mind that you are acting as a shill, but at least have a sliver of practicality. You could even call it a great game (it isn't), but saying Destroy The Drill 1 is really different from Destroy The Drill 2? No, it isn't.

Hey Dave, have you seen all 18 modes yet?
Just curious cause you're arguing that they're not different.
I know for a fact that the second time you fight the Vengeance, it shoots balls back at you fast. Very different from the first battle. First round of modes also time out after 30 seconds. From what I understand, that doesn't happen after the first round.
I'm still learning though.

#70 10 years ago

Thanks for sharing all those details Les.
I was curious as to what they could do to differentiate the modes.
It'll be interesting to see if they do something like this.
Fingers are crossed.

#73 10 years ago

While I love my STLE, I agree with Les. I don't feel that the current code makes the modes feel much different from one another. Level 2 and 3 are different from level 1 modes, but do you know which ramps/shots are lit for Nero, vs Destroy the Drill?
I think it would be awesome to mix it up a bit if possible.
I don't know how they're going to do that unless they have you focus one 1-2 shots per mode though, like LOTR.

What I'm dying to know is how complete so they consider the current code?
I could see them saying: "Enjoy, cause we're done!" But would love to see them flush out the individual modes to give them all a little more personality.

While I'm making wishes, I'd also like to make the Warp Ramp shot way more often!

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

I didn't realize you were so amazing! you definitely win the pissing contest. opinions are like armpits; everyone has one and they usually stink. my stinky two cents would be that I love the game and plan to keep it. if you find it wanting then I would encourage you not to buy one (or cut your losses if you have already purchased). compared to tron where one has to master 3 or 4 shots this game rocks (IMO). compared to Metalica or Xmen STLE has better code out of the gate than they have currently. if STLE code is NEVER updated I will still be a satisfied customer.

Edwin I agree with you. The game is great as is BUT imagine if Stern improved on the individual modes as Les has pointed out.
We could have a modern day, LOTR.
That would be even better than what we have currently, no?

#107 10 years ago

So far, I think my fav mode is Klingon Battle, 2nd stage.
Each time you hit a ramp, the corresponding Klingon gets shot on the DMD.
In my opinion, it's this kind of tie-in that needs to be implemented in all the modes.
Of course, it might already be there. I can't really afford to spend much time looking up when playing.
: (

#109 10 years ago

The code is great given it's Day 1. If they never updated it, it would be considered "complete" from everything I've seen.
That being said, this pin should go from Great to Incredible with a code update that improves the modes.

#111 10 years ago

I am. The bones in this game are fantastic. -and that's not something you can improve with code.
Still, if others have played it and aren't blown away, I expect it's modes that play too much alike. And I expect even that will be fixed with time.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

BTW...for ST LE or for sure Pro buyers check out this Cyber Monday deal
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/1200/?pfm=CyberMonday2013_Favorites_9_1200

"Beware of imitators! Cheap knock-offs don't include a special circuit to prevent burn-out, without which your projector could die after just a few hours of use!"

-Guess we'll see how much Stern spent on these in a week or two.
; )

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from mpatricksp:

Quick question for you guys. I was able to get captains chair lit but could not figure out how to start it. Does anyone know how to start it once you get it lit.
Thanks.

I believe it's just lit to tell you that for the remainder of that ball, that either ramps, bumpers, or spinner is worth extra.
It's not a wizard mode or anything.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from JC_Pins:

Wouldn't that mean captain's chair should light up anytime you complete 3 in a row, even on level 1?
What are all wizard modes?
Level 1 complete = KM
Level 2 complete = ?
Level 3 complete = ?
Is there not a super final wizard mode?

Yup. Any 3 in a row or 3 of the same mode (all 3 levels).
No clue about completing all of level 2 or 3.
With the exception of 1 full game and 1 ball of a different game, this pin kicked my ass all night.
So frustrating when you're in the mood for pinball but it's not in the mood for you.

#151 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Just had my best game yet 73,093,430 and it was NUTS! I was in a two word titled multi-ball that I didn't have time to read. This games is pure adrenaline and fun.

So far, I've found Vengeance multiball, Klingon multiball, and after completing all the modes first levels, the first mini wizard mode:Kobayashi Maru multiball. Guessing you mean that one.
Klingon multi is awesome. You have to complete each shot twice, then hug Vengeance I think, in order to see the roving ship/target.

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

That's the one thanks! What a cool ass game. The SOUNDS are incredible. I am going to hook up the external sub this weekend. I expect that to be perfect for this game.

Yeah, the sounds, quotes/call outs, and music are phenomenal.
People blast Stern for using licences and not doing anything original but they have amazing multi-million dollar movies to draw on for sound etc.
can't wait for the speech pack. That part will only continue to improve.

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

I just put about 20 games on mine. I give it a review of meh. Its ok. Very fast, flashy. Layout is classic Ritchie but all the shots are in weird places that make them hard to hit. Sounds are ok. Hard to make out what alot of the voices are saying.. Just doesn't have much personality. Nowhere near a lotr or acdc. Hopefully code will get better.

Shots are in weird places? How so?

#220 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Best playing game out of the box bar none ! I have only a few plays on it , I am so very impressed so far. The PF is so beautiful in person ,pictures do not do it justice. The new style PF inserts are just amazing and the RGB light is the best I have seen. The insert lighting is hard to explain and all I can say is they are soft and smooth looking .
I have never played a smoother game and the speed is Ritchie for sure !
This is the new game that all will be compared to for taking pinball to a new level !
I did not know what to expect when I ordered but I bet on Ritchie and won .
I am sure I will have more to follow as I learn the game.
McCune....Admitted Ritchie fan boy

A McCune thumbs up!
...and all across the universe, there was rejoicing!

Glad to see you're enjoying it as much as the rest of us are.

#257 10 years ago

Had a multiball start, and three balls exit the pops.
I hit them 1,2,3 in a row ALL up the warp ramp!
(Unfortunately, that was the only good thing that happened that game)

#262 10 years ago
Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

I wish you all would quit talking about how awesome this pin is, I have #236 sitting in my garage in the box, all pins must go to the third floor and I have no friends available this weekend to help me move it up two flights of stairs, reading this is making me want to move the wife's car out of the garage and set it up, lol

Wish I was closer.
: )

#266 10 years ago
Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

thats the only place the wife would let me have

Then shouldn't she be the one to move the pin up there?

#336 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is there any benefit for going 3 deep? I tried that tonight and completed DTD3 and got no reward. Seems more beneficial to go for kobayashi mb. Though I was stacking level 2 modes with Klingon and vengeance and did this, oops...

Still on factory

image.jpg 260 KB

That's like 2 times my best score.
You bitch!
(Respect Dude!)

#406 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I may have to buy ST so I don't lose my mind playing the one at my local arcade... they didn't level the game when they set it up so every time the drop target comes down and releases the ball it goes SDTM
I wanna sneak a level in to the arcade and fix it.

Or a coaster to put under one of the legs.
A sugar packet maybe?

#476 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

It was happening to me a lot too. Then my silver jet balls came in the mail and ever since I put those in, it hasn't happened once. Maybe they are less magnetic??

You're not supposed to use Silverjets on pins with magnets. Might work ok right now, but the balls will become magnetized before long.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-le-is-incredible-out-of-the-box?tu=chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.