image-765.jpg
image-644.jpg
image-985.jpg
image.jpg
Star Trek.jpg
sttflip.jpg
flipper_button.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SolarRide.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#184 10 years ago

Level 2 is called mini-wizard mode 2 iirc. Basically, you hit each of the shots twice and I think the base was 500K with escalating values. I'm not sure it even ties into how well you did in the L2 modes yet. Also it didn't seem to change much from v1.2 to v1.3 so I am guessing they will refine this in future versions. Someone else posted that the L3 Wizard mode is called "5 year mission" but I haven't gotten to it yet, so I will take their word for it.

Quoted from JC_Pins:

Wouldn't that mean captain's chair should light up anytime you complete 3 in a row, even on level 1?
What are all wizard modes?
Level 1 complete = KM
Level 2 complete = ?
Level 3 complete = ?
Is there not a super final wizard mode?

1 week later
#394 10 years ago

Here is the doubling Map (thanks to SLC for the help) for completing level 3 of each mode (repost):
Prime Directive: Left saucer
Klingon Battle: left ramp
Save the Enterprise: Right ramp
Space Jump: right orbit
Destroy the Drill:Side Ramp
Nero:Left Spinner

The problem is, as KME pointed out in a couple of other threads/posts, you cannot combine the hurry-up 2x combo with the L3 2x shot doubler for 4x (LFS had no problem implementing 4x if the lit snake head and left side double are going at the same time in MET, maybe he can help out the ST team to fix the bug). And the shot doubler is very specific in that it doesn't affect wizard modes, only regular modes. I'm not even sure it affects mb jackpots. When I had it lit on the right ramp and was in L2 Klingon (v1.3 ST pro), it almost seemed like it was only giving me 1x when I tried to combine the 2x combo with it, but I will assume Keith is right in that it at least awards 2x the mode and that I was seeing things.

So for now at least, if you get an L3 shot doubler (as SLC suggests its not really worth going for until the bug fix), I suggest you try and cash it in on L2 and/or L3 modes. It is only lit for the duration of the ball so make sure you have gotten a lot of your L1s out of the way first before finishing one or more L3s as you wouldn't want to drain out on an a relatively small scoring L1 mode and lose the doubler on it.

Hopefully in the next fix the shot doubler will apply to anything lit on the doubled shot including even the combo value.

Quoted from Apollyon:

I believe going "3 deep" (not to be confused with going "balls deep"), gets you a playfield doubler. In other words, if you complete all three modes of the same color, you would, for example, double all shots to the left ramp. Complete all three modes of a different color will double a different shot (e.g. right ramp).

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#401 10 years ago

Plungemaster, the upper right flipper is also useful for hitting the 3 lock stand-up targets which are located below the side ramp.

Quoted from Plungemaster:

That right upper flipper. I only see shots made to that looping ramp. Is that the only target, or just fun to shoot at?
And that same ramp. Does the ball always make that same loop to the 3rd flipper? Or can it also go to the "normal" ramps to your main flippers.
I think its only the loop, not sure. But this is the only thing what worries me a bit gameplaywise. All the time the same small and fast loop can get boring i am afraid.
But the rest is fantastic. 7 out of 10 from me, could be 9 if the code picks up. Can be in my top 5 in future.

#422 10 years ago

Or they leveled the game that way on purpose . . .

Quoted from Concretehardt:

I may have to buy ST so I don't lose my mind playing the one at my local arcade... they didn't level the game when they set it up so every time the drop target comes down and releases the ball it goes SDTM
I wanna sneak a level in to the arcade and fix it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 49.99
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
10,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SolarRide.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-le-is-incredible-out-of-the-box?tu=SolarRide and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.