Topic Stats

• 488 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by BenetBoy78
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 37 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
IMG_0919.JPG
KWIKI.jpg
282.jpg
282.jpg
1.52.jpg
STLE TOP.jpg
image-959.jpg
image-765.jpg
image-644.jpg
image-985.jpg
image.jpg
Star Trek.jpg
sttflip.jpg
flipper_button.jpg
image.jpg

There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
#51 5 years ago

Yeah I hate to say it but Dave should watch bowen's tutorial on the game; sorry bro but you are wrong they are different and it is one of the few games out there that rewards you for not timing out the modes and no need to go out calling names.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Really? Really?? Each level is different? Horse crap. They all feel the same when you play it. All of the modes feel the same. All 18 of them. I don't mind that you are acting as a shill, but at least have a sliver of practicality. You could even call it a great game (it isn't), but saying Destroy The Drill 1 is really different from Destroy The Drill 2? No, it isn't.

Haters gotta hate.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Haters gotta hate.

I'm not a hater Tom. I love Stern games. I was playing one an hour ago, and had a fantastic time doing it. It has very complete code, and if I found Star Trek to be as much fun, I'd have called Trent and added ST right next to it.

I really don't find much difference between "in mode 1 it times out, and in mode 2, it doesn't". I played ST 2 days ago. It is ok to drop quarters in, but in my house? It just wouldn't cut it. But that's just my opinion. Yes, I have had the Vengeance fire balls back at me. And Star Trek has been one of my favorite themes since I was 12. I really liked the series reboot in the new movies. And the game just doesn't cut it in my opinion.

For those that bought the LE, I'm happy for you all. I really hope it is a long term game for you. If you like it, buy it. My opinion of the game doesn't matter anymore than anyone else's. And you all can make up your own mind if others are being a shill for the game (this one didn't time out, so I'll call it Shrill said Shill 2).

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm not a hater Tom. I love Stern games. I was playing one an hour ago, and had a fantastic time doing it. It has very complete code, and if I found Star Trek to be as much fun, I'd have called Trent and added ST right next to it.
I really don't find much difference between "in mode 1 it times out, and in mode 2, it doesn't". I played ST 2 days ago. It is ok to drop quarters in, but in my house? It just wouldn't cut it. But that's just my opinion. Yes, I have had the Vengeance fire balls back at me. And Star Trek has been one of my favorite themes since I was 12. I really liked the series reboot in the new movies. And the game just doesn't cut it in my opinion.
For those that bought the LE, I'm happy for you all. I really hope it is a long term game for you. If you like it, buy it. My opinion of the game doesn't matter anymore than anyone else's. And you all can make up your own mind if others are being a shill for the game (this one didn't time out, so I'll call it Shrill said Shill 2).

Thing is - this could all change with code updates. Who knows if the mode rules as they stand are what they will ultimately be, or just a "roughed in" version so they could get the game out in a fully playable form. I think the game is really attractive and fun to shoot...it will be interesting to see how the code ends up compared to how it is now.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Yeah I have played Star Trek several times and have at least ten hours of play time in on it and I suggest you play the game some more because the modes are different and if you get through some of them you would get to see how they are different from each other with the bonus multipliers and the combos involved and the different levels; plus there is a lot more code to come when it is all said and done I expect trek to rank up there with the best

#56 5 years ago

I'm sort of with Dave here. Yea, the modes are different. But they really don't feel different. A mode starts, the lights change color, and you have to shoot a bunch of lit shots. The sounds and dots are different. But who has time to look up in this game? The levels are different. Level two vs level 3. But again, save the enterprise lvl 2 doesn't feel different than destroy the drill or Nero lvl 2.

But that's not a reason to avoid the game. The game is very fun anyway because it shoots so well. And the combo system adds strategy as does the triangular mode grid. I'm not sure what can be done to make the modes different without making the lvl 2 and lvl 3 versions super difficult. As it stands now, you have a lot of shots available in any mode. If only a few are lit then the game will get a lot harder. I guess we will see.

#57 5 years ago

Just did my best on the warp ramp. 3 times in a row and it felt crazy cool. It is tough though. My high game so far is 53,206,71 and that was an awesome feeling game. I can't get enough of this thing. The addicting play there!
17 combos in a recent game. The combos are outstanding on this thing. I am not a good player by any means. This machine makes me want to become one though.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I know in my short game life cycles it's like crying wolf. So far though HOLY CRAP is this game cool cool cool!

Can I call DIBS on it when you sell it in a month or two??

It'd look awesome at my place

rd.

#59 5 years ago

Get in line!

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Just did my best on the warp ramp. 3 times in a row and it felt crazy cool. It is tough though. My high game so far is 53,206,71 and that was an awesome feeling game. I can't get enough of this thing. The addicting play there!
17 combos in a recent game. The combos are outstanding on this thing. I am not a good player by any means. This machine makes me want to become one though.

When I played ST last week I knew I'd seen the warp ramp before ... Yesterday we had a big comp at my place and I was playing Black Rose and there it was!!

Not as fast as ST though.

rd.

#61 5 years ago

I am with Dave and Mark. Despite some slight changes the modes feel the same. I love the simplicity and it's addictive. How it will hold up for some remains to be seen.

#62 5 years ago

True. Just like every other game. Right now their is a "Honeymoon" happening and who knows what the future holds. I will say from here the future looks damn fun. Stern seems to have listened. Another thought, as a person who is NOT a trekkie at all. I have never watched an episode but have watched the recent two movies which were cool. This machine could almost be named "SPACE" and I would fall for it. I like that it is themed lightly but to the point. The art look great in person and I am very happy the faces of the actors are not slammed all over the place like recent sterns.

#63 5 years ago

And markmon said it better than I. They just don't feel different. I hate to bring up some of the better modes of Stern, but when I kill a Witch King, I feel like I did something cool. And the Elves give me a slice of pie for it! And I like pie! Pie is what they eat in Valinor (a place I have never visited). And if I am running from Ring Wraiths, it feels totally different. I know Stern is capable of this, because they have done it. And damnit, now I'm one of the douches that completely derailed a thread because I responded. I guess ST just isn't my style of game. And I know better than anyone that different people like different games. To those that bought into ST, enjoy the game! Kick its butt. Play the snot out of it, and have fun!

#64 5 years ago

Maybe with the sound pack update you will get a little more uniqueness in the modes. I don't understand what some peoples concerns about different modes are. What pinball without mini play field's can feel like a totally different game? The shots on the play-field will always remain the same in any game. I believe as sounds and lighting evolves so will the modes as well.

#65 5 years ago

The modes are fine too me. They feel like most modes in other games. To me, sounds and lights are what make the shot/modes different. Even with this early code it feels pretty good to me.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

Maybe with the sound pack update you will get a little more uniqueness in the modes. I don't understand what some peoples concerns about different modes. What pinball without mini play field's can feel like a totally different game, the shots always remain the same in any game. I believe as sounds and lighting evolves so will the modes as well.

Shots will always remain the same, the problem is *every* mode on ST is literally the same "light a few shots and shoot those shots, then some more light". The modes are all the same, nothing changes. They have different names and animations, but other than that, there is no difference between playing Nero or Save The Enterprise. For modes that have variety, look at STTNG for instance. All are "modes" but the rules for the modes, goals and shots required to complete the modes have a ton of variety.

Time Rift
All the signature targets are lit and worth 10 million points. Hitting the Time Rift targets to the left cause the count down timer to add time and the bonus amount to increase by 5 million. Both the time increases and the bonus amount top out once the bonus reaches 25 million; further hits add no extra time or score. Each time the target is hit, a different character speaks. One Artifact is awarded after hitting any 4 Rift Markers.

Worm Hole
The left orbit, Beta Quadrant/Shuttle ramp, and Delta Quardant/Worm Hole ramp are lit. The goal is to shoot the Worm Hole ramp. This is facilitated by hitting the Shuttle ramp, which feeds the right flipper to shoot the left orbit, which feeds the upper right flipper to the Worm Hole ramp. Each completed Shuttle ramp shot increases the value of the Worm Hole target by 10 million, as does the left orbit spinner by 1 million per "spin". Failure to hit the Worm Hole ramp before time expires awards a flat 20 million. Completing the Worm Hole awards the accumulated points and an Artifact.

Search The Galaxy
The three ramp targets light up. Technically, the targets can be complete in any order, but if done in the order of Alpha, Beta, and Delta, the Neutral Zone target lights up as a fourth target and is considered the "Gamma Quadrant". After completing a target, Riker orders the player to set course for the next target not yet reached. Base award is 5 million; each Quadrant completed adds 10 million times the order hit. Completing the three Ramp Quadrants in any order awards one Artifact; completing in order AND getting the "Gamma Quadrant" awards a second Artifact and 40 million more points.

Battle Simulation
A ball is loaded up in one of the cannons and the player must either shoot the Neutral Zone targets/hole or the Start Mission hole. The targets alternate, and if successful, another ball is loaded in the other cannon. If the player misses, then they must hit the ball into either of the targets or the Advance Rank hole in order to have another ball loaded into a cannon. Sometimes a player can hit the target of the Neutral Zone, get credit, but not actually sink the ball and have to recover from that. Completing the first 5 "Levels" awards an Artifact. If completed without "losing" the ball to the playfield activates a Level 6 which—if hit—awards an extra ball.

Q's Challenge
Q shows up and greets Picard as he often does in the TV series, "Bonjour, mon Capitaine!". Picard responds, "Q, what are you doing here?" Q says, "Let's play a little game." As the ball is being served up to the left flipper, Riker replies, "Q, we don't have time for your games." A couple of the signature targets is lit. There is a tiny target in front of the foremost pop bumpers that has "Q" shown on it. Any time the player hits it, another target lights up. As the player hits targets, others light up. Each completed target awards 10 million times the order hit. Each target also has a time out, where it will fade after a given time period. Completing five Q targets awards an Artifact.

Rescue
The goal is to rescue 50 Starfleet personnel. The Alpha ramp, Start Mission, and shuttle ramp targets light up. Any targets on the playfield that get hit cause personnel to be loaded onto the shuttle. Hitting either the Alpha ramp or the shuttle ramp will rescue the personnel currently loaded. When the player hits the Start Mission target, Riker says, "Five to beam up", and an animated graphic plays showing five personal being rescued. When the player has hit enough targets that there are no more personnel to load, the computer voice instructs the player to board the shuttle at once. Getting 25 personnel to "safety" (either aboard the shuttle OR beamed up) awards one Artifact; saving all 50 awards a second Artifact.

Asteroid Threat
When the mode starts, only the Start Mission target is lit. Picard sees asteroids and asks for suggestions. Mr. Data suggests that "we can destroy the asteroids in our path." A counter shows a value of 20,000,000 starts to count down. When the player hits the initial target, an asteroid blows up, and it sets the value for all the other shots. (If the count down reaches 5 million, the asteroid self-destructs, and all other asteroid hits are set at 5 million.) Then the other targets light up as asteroids to hit. Completing 4 asteroid hits (including the opening "point set" asteroid) awards one Artifact; getting all the asteroids awards a second Artifact.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Shots will always remain the same, the problem is *every* mode on ST is literally the same "light a few shots and shoot those shots, then some more light". The modes are all the same, there is no difference between playing Nero or Save The Enterprise. Look at STTNG for instance...
Time Rift
All the signature targets are lit and worth 10 million points. Hitting the Time Rift targets to the left cause the count down timer to add time and the bonus amount to increase by 5 million. Both the time increases and the bonus amount top out once the bonus reaches 25 million; further hits add no extra time or score. Each time the target is hit, a different character speaks. One Artifact is awarded after hitting any 4 Rift Markers.
Worm Hole
The left orbit, Beta Quadrant/Shuttle ramp, and Delta Quardant/Worm Hole ramp are lit. The goal is to shoot the Worm Hole ramp. This is facilitated by hitting the Shuttle ramp, which feeds the right flipper to shoot the left orbit, which feeds the upper right flipper to the Worm Hole ramp. Each completed Shuttle ramp shot increases the value of the Worm Hole target by 10 million, as does the left orbit spinner by 1 million per "spin". Failure to hit the Worm Hole ramp before time expires awards a flat 20 million. Completing the Worm Hole awards the accumulated points and an Artifact.
Search The Galaxy
The three ramp targets light up. Technically, the targets can be complete in any order, but if done in the order of Alpha, Beta, and Delta, the Neutral Zone target lights up as a fourth target and is considered the "Gamma Quadrant". After completing a target, Riker orders the player to set course for the next target not yet reached. Base award is 5 million; each Quadrant completed adds 10 million times the order hit. Completing the three Ramp Quadrants in any order awards one Artifact; completing in order AND getting the "Gamma Quadrant" awards a second Artifact and 40 million more points.
Battle Simulation
A ball is loaded up in one of the cannons and the player must either shoot the Neutral Zone targets/hole or the Start Mission hole. The targets alternate, and if successful, another ball is loaded in the other cannon. If the player misses, then they must hit the ball into either of the targets or the Advance Rank hole in order to have another ball loaded into a cannon. Sometimes a player can hit the target of the Neutral Zone, get credit, but not actually sink the ball and have to recover from that. Completing the first 5 "Levels" awards an Artifact. If completed without "losing" the ball to the playfield activates a Level 6 which—if hit—awards an extra ball.
Q's Challenge
Q shows up and greets Picard as he often does in the TV series, "Bonjour, mon Capitaine!". Picard responds, "Q, what are you doing here?" Q says, "Let's play a little game." As the ball is being served up to the left flipper, Riker replies, "Q, we don't have time for your games." A couple of the signature targets is lit. There is a tiny target in front of the foremost pop bumpers that has "Q" shown on it. Any time the player hits it, another target lights up. As the player hits targets, others light up. Each completed target awards 10 million times the order hit. Each target also has a time out, where it will fade after a given time period. Completing five Q targets awards an Artifact.
Rescue
The goal is to rescue 50 Starfleet personnel. The Alpha ramp, Start Mission, and shuttle ramp targets light up. Any targets on the playfield that get hit cause personnel to be loaded onto the shuttle. Hitting either the Alpha ramp or the shuttle ramp will rescue the personnel currently loaded. When the player hits the Start Mission target, Riker says, "Five to beam up", and an animated graphic plays showing five personal being rescued. When the player has hit enough targets that there are no more personnel to load, the computer voice instructs the player to board the shuttle at once. Getting 25 personnel to "safety" (either aboard the shuttle OR beamed up) awards one Artifact; saving all 50 awards a second Artifact.
Asteroid Threat
When the mode starts, only the Start Mission target is lit. Picard sees asteroids and asks for suggestions. Mr. Data suggests that "we can destroy the asteroids in our path." A counter shows a value of 20,000,000 starts to count down. When the player hits the initial target, an asteroid blows up, and it sets the value for all the other shots. (If the count down reaches 5 million, the asteroid self-destructs, and all other asteroid hits are set at 5 million.) Then the other targets light up as asteroids to hit. Completing 4 asteroid hits (including the opening "point set" asteroid) awards one Artifact; getting all the asteroids awards a second Artifact.

And how is it impossible for Star Trek to receive this type of treatment? It hasn't been fully released yet.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

And how is it impossible for Star Trek to receive this type of treatment? It hasn't been fully released yet.

Not saying it is impossible, but IMHO current statements like this concerning ST and it's modes are not accurate...

"sorry bro but you are wrong they are different'
"not to mention much deeper code in ST already"
"If they're not different than none of the modes on STTNG are any different than each other as well"

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Shots will always remain the same, the problem is *every* mode on ST is literally the same "light a few shots and shoot those shots, then some more light". The modes are all the same, nothing changes. They have different names and animations, but other than that, there is no difference between playing Nero or Save The Enterprise.

You obviously havent spent much time on it if thats what you think. Yes you shoot lit shots but the scoring is not the same and some modes really boost the scoring if you can combo lit shots.

I just love when people critique something and they have no clue what they are talking about.

#70 5 years ago

Thanks for sharing all those details Les.
I was curious as to what they could do to differentiate the modes.
It'll be interesting to see if they do something like this.
Fingers are crossed.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

You obviously havent spent much time on it if thats what you think. Yes you shoot lit shots but the sforing is not the same and some modes really boost the scoring if you can combo lit shots.
I just love when people critique something and they have no clue what they are talking about.

I love how you claim to know how much time I have or haven't spent on ST. Don't worry about me, I can handle myself just fine on ST, I came in 2nd at our ST Launch Party out of 46 people and had the top qualifying score of the night overall out of 92 total games played. I have put my time in on multiple ST machines and I have a good feel for the game.

Now back to your foolish statement. Did I mention mode scoring at all? That's right...no I didn't. I didn't critique the mode scoring at all. I critiqued the fact that all the modes are EXACTLY the same...a few shots are lit, you hit them and more light. There is no variety in what the mode is. That is what I complained about. Read before you are so quick to criticize.

#72 5 years ago

I think the modes feel different as you get into the II and III modes. The I modes are suppose to be easy.

#73 5 years ago

While I love my STLE, I agree with Les. I don't feel that the current code makes the modes feel much different from one another. Level 2 and 3 are different from level 1 modes, but do you know which ramps/shots are lit for Nero, vs Destroy the Drill?
I think it would be awesome to mix it up a bit if possible.
I don't know how they're going to do that unless they have you focus one 1-2 shots per mode though, like LOTR.

What I'm dying to know is how complete so they consider the current code?
I could see them saying: "Enjoy, cause we're done!" But would love to see them flush out the individual modes to give them all a little more personality.

While I'm making wishes, I'd also like to make the Warp Ramp shot way more often!

#74 5 years ago

It lacks personality.

Bones' callouts could fix that.
Custom Bones + Spock + Scotty + Kirk callouts would fix that.

#75 5 years ago

All of this is great talk. After owning every NIB stern for the past couple years I would say ST LE is extremely good out of the box.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I love how you claim to know how much time I have or haven't spent on ST. Don't worry about me, I can handle myself just fine on ST, I came in 2nd at our ST Launch Party out of 46 people and had the top qualifying score of the night overall out of 92 total games played. I have put my time in on multiple ST machines and I have a good feel for the game.
Now back to your foolish statement. Did I mention mode scoring at all? That's right...no I didn't. I didn't critique the mode scoring at all. I critiqued the fact that all the modes are EXACTLY the same...a few shots are lit, you hit them and more light. There is no variety in what the mode is. That is what I complained about. Read before you are so quick to criticize.

I didn't realize you were so amazing! you definitely win the pissing contest. opinions are like armpits; everyone has one and they usually stink. my stinky two cents would be that I love the game and plan to keep it. if you find it wanting then I would encourage you not to buy one (or cut your losses if you have already purchased). compared to tron where one has to master 3 or 4 shots this game rocks (IMO). compared to Metalica or Xmen STLE has better code out of the gate than they have currently. if STLE code is NEVER updated I will still be a satisfied customer.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

I didn't realize you were so amazing! you definitely win the pissing contest. opinions are like armpits; everyone has one and they usually stink. my stinky two cents would be that I love the game and plan to keep it. if you find it wanting then I would encourage you not to buy one (or cut your losses if you have already purchased). compared to tron where one has to master 3 or 4 shots this game rocks (IMO). compared to Metalica or Xmen STLE has better code out of the gate than they have currently. if STLE code is NEVER updated I will still be a satisfied customer.

Edwin I agree with you. The game is great as is BUT imagine if Stern improved on the individual modes as Les has pointed out.
We could have a modern day, LOTR.
That would be even better than what we have currently, no?

#78 5 years ago

First of all ST LE is amazing, now I must address this modes being the same crap. I've played hundreds of pins and owned the majority of the top pins out there all of them are relatively the same in nature, start a mode, hit the flashing shots attempt to get to wizard mode. I loved my STTNG but I'm not seeing much difference in the modes outside of the cannons and obvious differences in themes. However, and take it easy, I think ST LE kicks the crap out of STTNG. I knew STTNG owners and for some reason a lot (not all) but a lot of WOZ owners would hate on this pin. STRANGE

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Edwin I agree with you. The game is great as is BUT imagine if Stern improved on the individual modes as Les has pointed out.
We could have a modern day, LOTR.
That would be even better than what we have currently, no?

I tell you what ... Turn off the (excellent) sound on LOTR and you'd have a pretty average game.

Hit the flashing lights. Whooop whoooooop.

The sound package and the voices make LOTR a very good pin.

I played ST Pro and found it to be pretty average.

Hopefully if they do a good job with Karl Urban, they can make ST a must have pin.

rd.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

It was posted about me..."I just love when people critique something and they have no clue what they are talking about." That is why I responded with the information I did. Not to win a "pissing contest" just to provide factual information to show the poster that in reality, when it comes to this, he is in fact mistaken. That is also why I posted the mode rules for STTNG to show the variety there in comparison. I posted facts, so we can avoid those "stinky armpit opinions" everyone dislikes.

And did I ever say I didn't like the game or "find it wanting"? I said I agreed with others that the modes were all the same. I think that is a current flaw of the game, something they could even fix in future releases. I never said the game was bad and I am certainly not "hating" on it. No game is perfect. Why are ST owners so defensive? So quick to defend ST to the death? I am not a ST owner...nor a Tron, Metallica, Xmen or even a WOZ owner for that matter, so I have no financial skin in the game. They are all fine games in their own right, all with their own flaws, some different than others. You don't need to justify your purchase to me or anyone if you are as you say a satisfied customer. Play some games on your LE and relax.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

If they're not different than none of the modes on STTNG are any different than each other as well. Or on AC/DC for that matter. After all, you're just shooting targets after all.

Well that's not what Bowen K sez at the end of his ST "tutorial" (pretty enjoyable to watch btw). He compares the two titles in a quick Q and A at the end.

He states STTNG modes feel like different entities on their own and this new one... well they do run together into a lump (to paraphrase).

Seems fun to me... but I tend to get bored of any title after a couple weeks and then it sits... get played periodically, etc... I'd swap titles more often but I'm lazy

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I came in 2nd at our ST Launch Party out of 46 people and had the top qualifying score of the night overall out of 92 total games played.

Sorry I didnt know i was talking to such an accomplished player....

Guess what happens in STTNG? You shoot lit shots just as in Stern ST (except the lame ass mode where you shoot things with the cannon). And yes what makes them different is that the scoring is different and higher when you can play the modes better. What else do you expect from a pinball machine? Hmmmm ya shoot the lit shots. You said everything is exactly the same and this isnt true. Its also only the 2nd update so far and there is obviously much more coming along with the custom speech.

But hey congrats on that 2nd place at your local Launch party. I'm sure your mom would be thrilled!!!

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

When I played ST last week I knew I'd seen the warp ramp before ... Yesterday we had a big comp at my place and I was playing Black Rose and there it was!!
Not as fast as ST though.
rd.

Yeah a lot of people seem to think a repeating loop is a novel new feature... heck it's almost harder to find a SR game that DOESN'T have an upper loop

Still I see the basic appeal of it - SR did it in an overhead repeating loop 20 years ago (NF) and it's still fun. But so many games have this... try doing 3 or 4 Shadow loops in a row. Or even JD loops in a row.

But to be fair those loops are TOO fast - doesn't even feel like you are supposed to be able hit 'em over and over... you can tell SR wants his to be at least in the realm of possibility

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'm sort of with Dave here. Yea, the modes are different. But they really don't feel different. A mode starts, the lights change color, and you have to shoot a bunch of lit shots. The sounds and dots are different. But who has time to look up in this game? The levels are different. Level two vs level 3. But again, save the enterprise lvl 2 doesn't feel different than destroy the drill or Nero lvl 2.
But that's not a reason to avoid the game. The game is very fun anyway because it shoots so well. And the combo system adds strategy as does the triangular mode grid. I'm not sure what can be done to make the modes different without making the lvl 2 and lvl 3 versions super difficult. As it stands now, you have a lot of shots available in any mode. If only a few are lit then the game will get a lot harder. I guess we will see.

Ahhh someone who can critique a new toy... I always admire this. So many get stuck on the "this is brand new and I spent this amount of $$$ so it has to be the *greatest ever*.

Personally I like to hear thoughtful critiques... I learn more from these than the constant honeymoon gushing.

And it shouldn't stop someone from buying a title either... I've yet to see something that didn't warrant a little constructive criticism.

Unless it's anything I own of course.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Sorry I didnt know i was talking to such an accomplished player....
Guess what happens in STTNG? You shoot lit shots just as in Stern ST (except the lame ass mode where you shoot things with the cannon). And yes what makes them different is that the scoring is different and higher when you can play the modes better. What else do you expect from a pinball machine? Hmmmm ya shoot the lit shots. You said everything is exactly the same and this isnt true. Its also only the 2nd update so far and there is obviously much more coming along with the custom speech.
But hey congrats on that 2nd place at your local Launch party. I'm sure your mom would be thrilled!!!

Ah, the last resort when someone is proven wrong...resorting to childish insults. You even skipped right past car-guments. Well done, you have certainly proven your points to everyone here with the mom insults, there's no arguing with those. Mock me all you want, but I do think you are right there. I think my mother would be thrilled for me succeeding at doing something that I love to do. I would ask her, but she died of cancer 7 years ago at the age of 58 before I ever started playing competitively and won my first pinball tournament, so I guess I'll never know for sure.

Like you said, it is only the 2nd update and as I said before it is nothing that couldn't be fixed in future updates, but we are talking current state, not what-ifs, and current state is in ST you start a mode, any mode, and a few shots are lit. You shoot those shots are a few more light up. The shots for each of the modes are indistinguishable. That isn't how it works in a game like STTNG or many other mode based games where only certain shots are lit for certain modes and/or other shots, goals and objectives need to be completed during the mode in different ways; like shooting a shot with a canon only, hitting the mode start shot first or hitting only one main shot to complete a specific mode. I find it amazing that some ST owners can not take the slightest bit of criticism of the game, are you that insecure over your purchase? No game is perfect. Seriously, don't sweat the little things, enjoy your ST. It is fun to play and I play it all the time when I see it on route or in personal collections. I am confident it will only get better with future updates as time goes on.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

I didn't realize you were so amazing! you definitely win the pissing contest. opinions are like armpits; everyone has one and they usually stink. my stinky two cents would be that I love the game and plan to keep it

Um. Ed? I have TWO armpits??

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Ah, the last resort when someone is proven wrong...resorting to childish insults. You even skipped right past car-guments

Hey man, don't dis the car-guments.

Car-guments rule.

rd.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Ah, the last resort when someone is proven wrong...resorting to childish insults.

Except you never proved me wrong about anything.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It was posted about me..."I just love when people critique something and they have no clue what they are talking about." That is why I responded with the information I did. Not to win a "pissing contest" just to provide factual information to show the poster that in reality, when it comes to this, he is in fact mistaken. That is also why I posted the mode rules for STTNG to show the variety there in comparison. I posted facts, so we can avoid those "stinky armpit opinions" everyone dislikes.
And did I ever say I didn't like the game or "find it wanting"? I said I agreed with others that the modes were all the same. I think that is a current flaw of the game, something they could even fix in future releases. I never said the game was bad and I am certainly not "hating" on it. No game is perfect. Why are ST owners so defensive? So quick to defend ST to the death? I am not a ST owner...nor a Tron, Metallica, Xmen or even a WOZ owner for that matter, so I have no financial skin in the game. They are all fine games in their own right, all with their own flaws, some different than others. You don't need to justify your purchase to me or anyone if you are as you say a satisfied customer. Play some games on your LE and relax.

question. why is it that STLE owners cannot rave about the game without being accused of getting defensive (or deemed a "shill") yet non owners are just voicing their opinion when the bash? interesting! don't you think?

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

question. why is it that STLE owners cannot rave about the game without being accused of getting defensive (or deemed a "shill") yet non owners are just voicing their opinion when the bash? interesting! don't you think?

Welcome to Pinside-LOL
Blah Blah Blah price, and Blah Blah Blah modes, and Blah Blah Blah WOZ,etc. A true title will show its value over time.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Welcome to Pinside-LOL
Blah Blah Blah price, and Blah Blah Blah modes, and Blah Blah Blah WOZ,etc. A true title will show its value over time.

agreed. coming on this thread and saying something to the effect of "I don't see what the big deal is" is one thing. calling someone a shill because they post that they love a game is something else.

image-956.jpg
#92 5 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

Mechslave expressed it very well in another thread...

"New owners will love ANYthing, first of all. So nobody really cares what the new owners say, honestly. Remember how all the TAV owners (who later dumped their machines within 3 months) were basically declaring it the greatest pin ever after they unboxed it? Lol. It's impossible not to love a freshly unboxed pin, it's like a newborn baby, unconditional love.

Now those of us who make comments about ways to make the rule set better are often wrongly labeled haters. I've never understood that. I got slammed for commenting on the warp ramp rules, ie why would I shoot for it after warp 3?, and found it very odd. Also making suggestions that lead players away from timing out modes has been met with the same negativity...really? You want rules which encourage timing out modes? I'm commenting in a way to hopefully make a product that these guys own better, because I might want to own it myself on day, and they're basically going "Noooooo! Don't saaaaaay that! We don't want anything better, it's fine just like it is!" Lol. One guy literally said that "It's fine the way it is..." I'm flabbergasted by these kinds of responses.

There're haters and there is blind love from new owners, and then there's the rest of us who just want the product to be the best it can be, because we love pinball."

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Mechslave expressed it very well in another thread...

Are you done ? What is your point to prove?

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

his point I believe is to gain the last word. as far as I'm concerned he ca have it. feel free to respond Les and have the last word at my expense.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Trying to be MorManley ?

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

There're haters and there is blind love from new owners, and then there's the rest of us who just want the product to be the best it can be, because we love pinball."

We all love pinball. That doesn't mean "the rest of us" know what's best.

#97 5 years ago

Enough of that. A bit of advice please. Is the LE game play that different to the Pro? It is a huge difference on AC/DC, but less so on MET, so wanted to know if it is worth spending the extra $3k?

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

... Is the LE game play that different to the Pro? ...

as of right now... exactly the same... except the vuk shooting the ball up and back to the flippers.

edited: oops, sorry, forgot the kickback.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

as of right now... exactly the same... except the vuk shooting the ball up and back to the flippers.

I would agree that the Pro gameplay is 99.99% the same as the LE but I wouldn't say the VUK is the difference, it's actually no difference at all. It returns the ball to the exact place the scoop eject does anyway, it doesn't even need to be there. The one and only one gameplay difference on the LE is the kickback, that's it. So not a big gameplay difference at all on the LE, nothing like the difference between the pro and LE models of AC/DC or Xmen. If you have an expendable 3k then go LE because it is a beautiful machine but the pinball refinery can make your Pro have a lightshow that rivals the LE for sure and you'll still be putting 2k in your pocket after it gets the Refinery bling package.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

pinball refinery can make your Pro have a lightshow that rivals the LE for sure

Wrong. They can't make all the inserts color-change. How much is the Refinery bling package anyway? I have to imagine after spending that extra money to pimp a Pro you could have just bought a Premium.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
There are 488 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside