Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Philk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 10 years ago

It's still the honeymoon phase so hard to tell. That said, last week the code felt stale and repetitive. And while the code needs work, I've been finding new techniques and strategies that have me loving this game.

Code and rules will define this game in the long run. It's off to a great start, but deep games don't always equate to last ability. TRON IM and MET are great examples of not so deep games that have a huge replay factor. Sometimes a deep game can hurt its last ability factor because it becomes more of a work load game than fun.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

See all the people who love TSPP and LOTR and yet walk past them without really wanting to turn them on to start grinding.
I don't know that "deep" is the right word, it can mean so many loaded things. Like if ST really starts doing cool stuff with combos and color coded inserts so that nailing shots in the right order or pattern or on the fly leads to better scoring is that deep? Or just fun?

Totally agree. There's a fine line between deep and fun. I owned LoTR for 6 1/2 years. Now if I see one, I'm like 'cool LoTR' and just keep walking. If I do happen to stop and hit start, I usually regret it 25 mins later when I'm still playing. Still a classic and top 5 in my book though

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm not sure I understand the rules, if you hit all one level 6 modes you get to a mini wizard, but what do you get if you complete a stack of three? It makes more sense to me to complete three in a stack? But what is the pay off for three in a stack?
Also, what are the Multi balls and stacking opportunities? I have not seen any written rules.

Completing 3 deep missions awards a shot on the pf worth 2X. The problem is that 2X shot doesn't stack with combo multipliers and the default factory settings have it so if you lose your ball, you lose the 2X shot. Turn feature adjustment #33 to NO (which I recommend) and this reward will carry over ball to ball and make it a more relevant award. The problem is that this 2X shot doesn't stack with a combo multiplier so getting this award to increase other level 1 mission points, hence increasing your KM JPs, is irrelevant.

I don't know if the 2X pf award counts towards super ramps or super spinner - I would think so.

That all said, I have been having fun going 3 deep with destroy the drill which lights the warp ramp 2X shot which is good for the Klingon super JP and if you're good at making consecutive warp shots.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-lastability?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.