6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Lovef2k
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lovef2k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Original VR1 is a UA78H05SC. The manual calls for a LM323K, Are these interchangeable? Can U use a LM323?
So after doing a full resto on a EBD, re-pinning all connectors and using a Weebly MPU, new Alltek SD and Lamp drivers, new rec. board, The S&T was not running. It would boot but not produce sound or speech. A few seconds after the game is turned on, a loud background hum starts, as the game warms up.
I remembered a while back that I had a Xenon that would not produce sound. After some digging, I found that the Alltek driver un-regulated 13.5V output was high, like 16+V. Going back to an original solenoid driver fixed the issue. Luckily it didn't harm the sound board.
So I thought this may be the same problem, and sure enough, it was. This time it's a brand new alltek Sol driver. It's putting out over 16V and the S&T doesn't like that. So I know the S&T works but I still have this annoying hum. U ungrounded the speaker and removed the mounting screws from the S&T. No change. I'm wondering now if the high voltage damaged the S&T?

Suggestions please!

#3 6 years ago

I re-capped the S&T, installed new volume pots and replaced the regulator. Background hum is gone and the board seems to be working well.
I'm not sure which component was causing the hum but I'm glad it's gone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 179.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lovef2k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-help-compatible-voltage-regulator?tu=Lovef2k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.