You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

289366_(resized).jpg
289365_(resized).jpg
5225739bef7455d405ea0d8f9dc76d0214508167_(resized).jpg
SAM_Main_&_vacuum_tubes_(resized).jpg
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Go three deep on shot you can nail... I like Nero.

Thanks, my best shot is left ramp.

And super pops or spinners is good for the whole game or just that ball? What is the value for going three in a row or three deep (2x)?

#102 7 years ago

Space Jump GAT kind of sucks IMO.

#103 7 years ago

Better yet...are there instructions cards somewhere for download (even if not for free) that has more strategic info like rai requested above and what rows start what 'super'? I know some of that stuff already but it sure would be nice to see it on a card right there in front of your face.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Space Jump GAT kind of sucks IMO.

Space Jump GAT mission is kind of nice - not for points but for quick progression. 3 shots and its over > 1 ramp, 1 Away Team, 1 Vengeance, mission complete.

Quoted from rai:

Thanks, my best shot is left ramp.
And super pops or spinners is good for the whole game or just that ball? What is the value for going three in a row or three deep (2x)?

Super pops/spinner/ramps last the entire game but its only limited to a certain # of shots or switch hits.

#105 7 years ago

Thanks

Are the super points 2x ?

Also three deep complete shot is increased are they also 2x or some different bonus?

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Right. Stern said there would be another update. My friend has seen the color dmd and says it is amazing. That wont come out until we get the last update though. When the update comes out then color dmd gets released. Stern should then say "last call" and make their last run of Premiums and Pros. If this comes together they will have one more good run on this already good pin. : )
Call me Paul Bunyan I guess beacuse chopping wood on this pin is excting and fun as hell.

I hope you're right that there will be a final update and Color DMD compatibility. I played my Premium for a few months then packed it up as the code didn't feel finished to me. Ready to set it up again if there's a code update or if they do a Color DMD update that will be enough. I'm itching to play it again, really looking forward to an update if there is one coming.

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks
Are the super points 2x ?
Also three deep complete shot is increased are they also 2x or some different bonus?

3-deep awards become 2x for 'most' shots for the remainder of the game as if it were already a combo shot and it does not stack with a combo shot unfortunately. And kobayashi maru does not take in account this 2x pf multiplier award.

Super points are based on how well you did on the 3 missions leading into that super award. Not sure of the calculations.

#108 7 years ago

Cool

And KM multiball shots are worth?? (Is it the total of the mode or a percentage?)

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Better yet...are there instructions cards somewhere for download (even if not for free) that has more strategic info like rai requested above and what rows start what 'super'? I know some of that stuff already but it sure would be nice to see it on a card right there in front of your face.

An instruction card with all the information you are looking for can be found five posts above yours ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-code/page/2#post-3127108

#110 7 years ago

With all the different ways to attack this game and navigate through the modes, this is a game that is anything but "linear". I find myself all over the place with strategy and often let my strategy develop from what shots I happen to be hitting on a given day. Having the Aurich rule cards as a reference is also a must.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

3-deep awards become 2x for 'most' shots for the remainder of the game as if it were already a combo shot and it does not stack with a combo shot unfortunately. And kobayashi maru does not take in account this 2x pf multiplier award.
Super points are based on how well you did on the 3 missions leading into that super award. Not sure of the calculations.

I need to go and verify the scoring for 2x shots stacked with combos. Sure seemed like it was 4x. Maybe something else was going on.

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

An instruction card with all the information you are looking for can be found five posts above yours ...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-code/page/2#post-3127108

LOL, not sure how I missed that. I knew I had seen that card before.

Found the matching card too so I'm good to go.

Thanks.

#113 7 years ago

ok im gonna play it again this week and try to rekindle my love for it.
thanks everyone

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

LOL, not sure how I missed that. I knew I had seen that card before.
Found the matching card too so I'm good to go.
Thanks.

Where's the other card?

#115 7 years ago

I agree with what pinballcorpse and eskaybee and others said: ST is a nuanced game when it comes to planning out your strategy for maximum points. And depending on each game situation (especially when you're in a multi-player match), there are nearly infinite possibilities of risk/reward combinations to go after certain score levels.

The sad part about ST is its lack of breadth: there are only limited opportunities/modes that you can go for concurrently at any given time (especially relative to some of the great recent Stern titles and WOZ)

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Where's the other card?

Well, after I saved that card (which I knew I had seen before and actually used on a different STLE) I found it on my computer from when I downloaded it a couple of years ago.

Here it is:

289365_(resized).jpg289365_(resized).jpg

289366_(resized).jpg289366_(resized).jpg

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

The sad part about ST is its lack of breadth: there are only limited opportunities/modes that you can go for concurrently at any given time (especially relative to some of the great recent Stern titles and WOZ)

Totally agree! Before Dwight got pulled in, i pleaded with S.Ritchie & Lonnie to have enterprise amok become available via another path other than through Kobayashi Maru. My idea was to make it available after completing three tier-3 missions. That way players had two paths to open up the mini wizard modes which would ultimately lead to the final 5-year mission. This ironically would make going for medals much more lucrative and strategic too as EA allows medals cash in too.

Other than that lack of breadth, ST is fantastic!

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Totally agree! Before Dwight got pulled in, i pleaded with S.Ritchie & Lonnie to have enterprise amok become available via another path other than through Kobayashi Maru. My idea was to make it available after completing three tier-3 missions. That way players had two paths to open up the mini wizard modes which would ultimately lead to the final 5-year mission. This ironically would make going for medals much more lucrative and strategic too as EA allows medals cash in too.
Other than that lack of breadth, ST is fantastic!

thanks, sorry if you mentioned it before or in another thread, can you tell me how KM is scored? I mean once you get there what is each shot worth?

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

thanks, sorry if you mentioned it before or in another thread, can you tell me how KM is scored? I mean once you get there what is each shot worth?

Its based on a % of how well you do in the tier 1 missions I believe. I think someone posted the pct values in the ST rules thread

#120 7 years ago

Found a bug.

Did Nero 1 and 2 missions. Than all Level 2 missions but KB. Did KB1. Then Koby. Then KB2.

No Enterprise Amok, just skipped right over it and into all L3s...

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Found a bug.
Did Nero 1 and 2 missions. Than all Level 2 missions but KB. Did KB1. Then Koby. Then KB2.

that would piss me off, especially as I've never seen EA

also did someone say the level 2 DMD's have timers and the modes are not timed?

Lets hope they clean up this code because it has a lot of potential.

#122 7 years ago

Found a bug.

It wouldn't surprise me. Some people keep insisting ST is 'done' and I'm in the camp that that says it isn't when/if bugs like this are still present.

Rob

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

also did someone say the level 2 DMD's have timers and the modes are not timed?

Nero 2 has a timer. There's even a setting for it in the game adjustments. What happens is that it makes the inserts blink faster until they are a fast flicker. There's another few level 2/3 missions that have this problem as well. The increased blink rate is to tell you the timer is running out, but as it runs out and the mission is still going you are left with rapidly flickering inserts.

The end mission callout is missing from Nero 2 now as well. It was broken in the last update.

Rob

#124 7 years ago

Found a bug.

What I cannot recall is if I had Klingon multiball going on when I completed KB2...

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Nero 2 has a timer. There's even a setting for it in the game adjustments. What happens is that it makes the inserts blink faster until they are a fast flicker. There's another few level 2/3 missions that have this problem as well. The increased blink rate is to tell you the timer is running out, but as it runs out and the mission is still going you are left with rapidly flickering inserts.
The end mission callout is missing from Nero 2 now as well. It was broken in the last update.
Rob

That's really poor programming no two ways around it. Someone had to deliberately program that stuff into the game. It's simply not finished code. I don't believe for a minute if this was Lyman on the code this would be considered close to final code.

I don't really mind waiting a bit but Stern should fix this code as much as possible. TF got an update years after it was out of production. Stern could still sell a wave of new ST pins if it did a nice code update IMO

#126 7 years ago

Write Stern, specifically Dwight. Don't wait for him or Stern to hopefully find out about it in this thread.

#127 7 years ago

Got an email address for him?

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Stern could still sell a wave of new ST pins if it did a nice code update IMO

They'll probably sell a few anyway, sadly.

#129 7 years ago

I think they should add a setting in the code for mission start. Have easy or normal. Easy, being that after a mission is completed, the next one will start. Normal, is the way it is currently played.

Reason why I would like to see this changed, is because when children play my machine, they can never get a new mission started.

#130 7 years ago

I submitted via their tech support form to let them know.

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think they should add a setting in the code for mission start. Have easy or normal. Easy, being that after a mission is completed, the next one will start. Normal, is the way it is currently played.
Reason why I would like to see this changed, is because when children play my machine, they can never get a new mission started.

Would be nice to have that locked into the settings. I, personally, wouldn't use it because I like the challenge of the mission shots...but why not make an easy setting where the Vengeance Drop target drops and you hit the ball up into the ship to start a new mode? Kind of like varying the complexity of the spinner interaction on IM with the Monger shots.

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I agree on the kid comment --- also applies to any newbie players, because it's not a normal thing for a new pinball player to have the patience to allow the ball to roll near the tip of the flipper to hit the really wide shots. I typically see them get lucky bounces into the left saucer on the rare occasion that they get to start a new mode.

There is already a mission start difficulty adjustment, too! Factory default is easy, IIRC. But "easy" in this case only means that you get to begin your ball with a new mission selection (if finished with prior mission) instead of being required to shoot the mode start shot after your plunge.

#133 7 years ago

Got an email address for him?

Dwight posts here under the handle Xaqery. You could also try a PM that way.

#134 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have mixed feelings on the mission start. Sometimes I just wish it'd be a ramp shot to keep things flowing, but its also kind of cool that it makes you get the ball controlled/trapped to start the next one. I'm pretty consistent with the left side shot because it feels just like the Drac shot on my old Taxi. I have some trouble getting it behind the 3rd flipper.

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I have mixed feelings on the mission start. Sometimes I just wish it'd be a ramp shot to keep things flowing, but its also kind of cool that it makes you get the ball controlled/trapped to start the next one. I'm pretty consistent with the left side shot because it feels just like the Drac shot on my old Taxi. I have some trouble getting it behind the 3rd flipper.

I get a lot of weird bounce backs when shooting under the flipper. Drives me crazy... much prefer going to the left saucer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-code/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.