1388100784264.jpg
Shield.jpg
STLE Ritchie.jpg
image-710.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-12-25 at 10.00.43 AM.png
image-347.jpg
image.jpg
Peter_and_Sidecar_Falcon.jpg
There are 324 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 10 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

did they pull 1.4 from the website or am I just not finding it?

image-710.jpg 73 KB

Click prem/LE code link. It should be 1.4 code despite it saying release soon.

#202 10 years ago

markmon and rarehero make me think of the Stone Giants in The Hobbit. lol

#203 10 years ago

Just installed 1.4 in my Pro. Awesomeness all around !

I'm pretty sure I heard some new music during the victory laps of Vengeance. New dots on different screens, captains chair actually lights up now when you get three in a row, vengeance multiball the ball seems to now travel all the way around the loop instead of getting put into the pops, i'm sure there are many more changes, my first game was extremely fun !

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Bug: start lamp is not lit when set to free play until after you hit start

Is this an LE specific bug? It's working fine on my Pro; I enabled freeplay after installing the update, and the Start Button flashes as usual. This even after shutting down for the night and starting back up this morning.

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just confirmed; turning off adjustment #33 does not affect end of ball bonus. Only shot multipliers for level 3 rewards. Leaving mine on NO so I have options for strategy.

Great find! I agree this should be default. I thought I read this was always the way level 3 modes worked but had never tried to prove it. I would say whichever mode is for the Alpha ramp would be top priority. Now if they would make multipliers stackable so combo+2x = 3x or 4x, then we'd really be cookin'.

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from Admiral:

This is in my STLE v1.3.

So if this setting is already in version 1.3, this update seems to be very minor to say the least.

#207 10 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

did they pull 1.4 from the website or am I just not finding it?

image-710.jpg 73 KB

Click on the LE update link. Even though it says Coming Soon, it will still download the 1.4 update when you click it.

#208 10 years ago

Hmmm. I am not sure if I will update yet....

#209 10 years ago

Here are some things I think I noticed but could be wrong as I only had like 30 games on 1.3

-Are the Klingon locks easier now? If you get locks lit - and then hit one lock (lets say in the Vengeance) - the other lock is still lit (Mode saucer) after you get it. I seem to remember you could pick one or the other, but then you had to relight for Lock 2.

-Are the white ramp shots during Vengeance Multiball new? I seem to remember only shooting for the Vengeance, and then the white arrows lighting when you destroy it for Victory Laps.

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-Are the Klingon locks easier now? If you get locks lit - and then hit one lock (lets say in the Vengeance) - the other lock is still lit (Mode saucer) after you get it. I seem to remember you could pick one or the other, but then you had to relight for Lock 2.

on 1.3, locks lit would light both the vengeance and saucer, so you can earn 2 of 3 locks. then you light locks again and get the 3rd.

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Here are some things I think I noticed but could be wrong as I only had like 30 games on 1.3
-Are the white ramp shots during Vengeance Multiball new? I seem to remember only shooting for the Vengeance, and then the white arrows lighting when you destroy it for Victory Laps.

Both there in 1.3. The strategy for maximizing scoring in vengeance is hit a white arrow then vengeance. But even if the white arrow isn't lit, hit a ramp then vengeance to get a 2x combo shot into vengeance.

#212 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Both there in 1.3. The strategy for maximizing scoring in vengeance is hit a white arrow then vengeance. But even if the white arrow isn't lit, hit a ramp then vengeance to get a 2x combo shot into vengeance.

Gotcha...I guess I just instinctively wanted to just shoot the Vengeance ...nevah mind then!

#213 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Gotcha...I guess I just instinctively wanted to just shoot the Vengeance ...nevah mind then!

Another cool effect I like, and I'm not sure if there's scoring bonuses associated with as there should , but shoot ramp - vengeance - then punch it. Or punch it - ramp - vengeance. Cool trifecta integration that should have a scoring bonus if it doesn't already.

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Another cool effect I like, and I'm not sure if there's scoring bonuses associated with as there should , but shoot ramp - vengeance - then punch it. Or punch it - ramp - vengeance. Cool trifecta integration that should have a scoring bonus if it doesn't already.

Is there any advantage to actually hitting the ship vs. using Punch-It? I imagine you'd get more points for actually hitting it - but everything's so fast I can't pay attention lol

#215 10 years ago

Is SR going to make a cameo? I hadn't seen this in 1.3. There is also some shield animation in the code that I don't recall seeing before.

STLE Ritchie.jpgSTLE Ritchie.jpg

Shield.jpgShield.jpg

#216 10 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

Is SR going to make a cameo? I hadn't seen this in 1.3. There is also some shield animation in the code that I don't recall seeing before.

.bin dissection already started.. . Thanks Olivier for the browser.
Yes, I've noticed those too as new in 1.4. The "hidden" frame for SR. Wonder when that might pop up if ever in the game.

#217 10 years ago

Is that Norm voice gone? Is that norm ? Thy is that on STLE?

#218 10 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I don't think that'd be clear for non-owners of the game (non-pinhead-location-players). Should have kept the insert on the left outlane.
Having targets that do nothing is strange indeed: seems like they haven't thought this trough before production. A 10-point switch in i.e. Jackbot that does almost nothing is not a problem, because it has no insert and is not visible as a shot... these however should do something.
I'd say they make some new simple rules for them that don't 'interfere' with the rest of the gameplay. Maybe just lighting a 4 second ball save or some 'sidequest' with some points and 'levels' (the further you get, the more hits needed for the next reward, but the reward is growing?).

I think it would be plenty clear to all and much better than not having it do something. Just have something on dots and sound that says shields engaged while lit. It's the best option at this point IMO.

#219 10 years ago

Anyone else having problems with game start after the upload? The start button for me, besides no longer flashing with credits, doesn't always work now. It tests out fine in test mode, but it's intermittent in starting a game. I've tried loading it twice. Also, now on v1.4, the game starts the Nero mode automatically and automatically kicks out a ball.

If anyone has v1.3 backed up, can you shoot that over to me or post somewhere? I'd like to back down to 1.3 to see if it's the software.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

#220 10 years ago

Put on "home play"? I don't remember the # in adjustments.

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

Anyone else having problems with game start after the upload? The start button for me, besides no longer flashing with credits, doesn't always work now. It tests out fine in test mode, but it's intermittent in starting a game. I've tried loading it twice. Also, now on v1.4, the game starts the Nero mode automatically and automatically kicks out a ball.
If anyone has v1.3 backed up, can you shoot that over to me or post somewhere? I'd like to back down to 1.3 to see if it's the software.

Nope, not having any of those issues...sounds like you could have a grounding issue somewhere or loose wire? Check your Start & Punch-It buttons to start with.

#222 10 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Its option #31 on the pro.

Oh you're absolutely right. Im sorry for missing it. Thank you.

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

This sounds like a ball trough issue or a switch issue. If the game is missing a ball or thinks it is missing a ball, I believe all these things can happen. (Not a software problem).

#224 10 years ago

Downloaded and installed V1.4 for ST Pro. Absolutely zero problems. Lots of cool things including new graphics, lighted Captain's Chair, new sounds, new music during victory lap, and other improvements. The uploading went smoothly, the start button flashes as always and everything is working perfectly. IMHO for Pro owners at least, the upgrade is very positive.

#225 10 years ago

Any fix to missed kickbacks on LE for 1.4, such as a ball-save sent to the plunger lane?
Or is there a switch mod that people have found effective?
(LE kickback often misses the ball, particularly on fast speed L Outlane drains)

#226 10 years ago

Thanks stern. Great update and much appreciated. Loving the new vengeance multiball. Well done.

#227 10 years ago

I am scratching my head wondering how they could have missed the side rails not flashing anymore, it is kind of the best feature in the game and why people bought the LE and they missed it in this update, wow...

Pro's:
- Vengeance multiball, much better gameplay, gives the game even more flow gotta love it...
- Warp ramp lighting is much more improved...
- Feature #33 to turn off multipliers, should have been defaulted at 'no' IMO but a welcome addition...
- Much improved animations on a few of modes...

Con's:
- Side rails no longer light up and no speaker panel lightening improvements...
- The skill shot for warp ramp is changed and no longer a progression I was enjoying the 1.5M, 1.8M, 2.1M even through truly this was a bug and probably is better the way it is...
- Still don't believe they have done enough to incorporate the Warp ramp as a useful strategy in the game, I will still ignore this ramp especially in tournament play if the code does not change...

Overall, this code update was a bit of a let down, thou I am very happy Stern did send one out... I will give them credit for releasing this but what a terrible job of marketing this release, this could have given them a lot more street creditability with the pinball community, they really need a marketing guy in their group as these releases need to be done better, hell you can't even tell on the site there is an update. Missed opportunity for sure, but in the end still happy as there will be another update for sure to this game

#228 10 years ago

Pro owners are going to see a lot more changes than LE/Premium owners with the 1.4 update. Many of the new animations, like Kahn Vengeance multi-ball, and the Enterprise Amok wizard mode and later stages of Prime Directive and others were already part of the 1.3 version for LE/Premium, since it came out later when the LE's started shipping. Pro owners will most likely not see this as a minor update.

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I hit my ball straight into the Vengeance from launch and it said it was a skill shot, don't know if that is new. But I do know there is a new animation when you light up the yellow triangles for photon torpedos there is an animation on the screen of a row photon torpedos. And as you get more tordedos the more light up,

Mine has always had this animation. STLE 1.3

#230 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

- Feature #33 to turn off multipliers, should have been defaulted at 'no' IMO but a welcome addition...

It was already there in version 1.3

#231 10 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Mine has always had this animation. STLE 1.3

Premium/LE 1.3 was/is different & more up to date than Pro 1.3.

#232 10 years ago

Anyone notice no extra ball lit after warp 3? I haven't got enough warp shots to see where it kicks in?

#233 10 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

Anyone notice no extra ball lit after warp 3? I haven't got enough warp shots to see where it kicks in?

It's set to 'auto' in settings whatever that means. Perhaps random? I changed it to extra ball after 3 warp hits since I liked how it was as it gives purpose to shooting the warp ramp other then skill shot.

#234 10 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

if it's on auto setting, it will go higher or lower depending on your games.
i set it on warp 6.

#235 10 years ago

so i finally updated my ST, i wasn't sure after what i read.

so i'm glad i did, the new animations are cool, love the vengeance animation, finally the captain's chair insert works.
new sounds are cool too (vengeance).
it's not a major update but definitely going in the right direction.

#236 10 years ago

I just found this thread now,and I looked
I didn't know if it was an actual update.

#237 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It was already there in version 1.3

Nice, wish I would have known tried a game and got 2x ramp then went for all completions promptly got 166M gives some more depth into the game and can change up strategies a little more...

#238 10 years ago

Stern just announce the official release on FB and stated they are aware of the attract mode lighting being inadvertently omitted on the LE/Premium and will be reinstalled soon.

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Stern just announce the official release on FB and stated they are aware of the attract mode lighting being inadvertently omitted on the LE/Premium and will be reinstalled soon.

Everyone can put away their pitch forks now. Lol

#240 10 years ago

wow. that's how communication works. amazing, huh Stern?

#241 10 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Wow! Good on Stern! New code and listening to, and addressing, issues! Very good job!

#242 10 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

Wow! Good on Stern! New code and listening to, and addressing, issues! Very good job!

post a thanks on the fb page if they see how many people pay attention more stuff will follow.

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Perhaps they are realy learning how to do the right thing. It's so easy!

#244 10 years ago

Whaaaaa? Listening to the voice of the customer? Santa's sled must have been pulled by pigs last night.

#245 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

wow. that's how communication works. amazing, huh Stern?

I honestly think they don't like to communicate because it commits them to actually do something. Even if they plan to, it's easier to just not say anything, that way if it doesn't happen, there was no promises.

#246 10 years ago

Pulled this post off Sterns face book page.. Did Stern change something in 1.40 today to fix the side and back box lighting?

"Samuel Jacobson Thank you, Stern! Not only did we get a lovely code update, but you also listened to, and promptly addressed, an issue (lack of side rail and back box lighting). To say the least this is an excellent job and everything is very appreciated!"

#247 10 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Oops never mind

#248 10 years ago

I don't think that they have fixed it as yet,
Sizes are the same.

#249 10 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I don't think that they have fixed it as yet,
Sizes are the same.

Looks the same 1-40.bin no change

#250 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

post a thanks on the fb page if they see how many people pay attention more stuff will follow.

I would but I won't use Facebook!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
There are 324 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-code-update-14-available/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.