original.jpg
in8eezx469lszejblorp.jpg
tumblr_nh8eozbIzy1spq68xo1_1280.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
009STT_Chris_Pine_028.jpg
Logan2.jpg
image.jpg
There are 367 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 9 years ago

Scoring strategies will become more pronounced as people learn the new code and features. But one thing I thought was really cool and shows how diverse scoring can be depending on how you tackle the game is I got a text from a friend who made it to enterprise amok and ended with a 500M score. And just prior to that text, I racked up a 700M score but did not make it to amok. That's 200M difference and there's a lot of points to be had at amok + another medal turn in. Just goes to show how many points can be left on the table before hitting wizard modes. Me likey likey.

#352 9 years ago

Are their any hints on how to achieve the "super secret" medal? Or is it rude of me to ask?

#353 9 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

Are their any hints on how to achieve the "super secret" medal? Or is it rude of me to ask?

Same here....I'd rather just know what I'm shooting for.

#354 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'd rather just know what I'm shooting for

For me... Knowing what I'm shooting for... And actually getting what I'm shooting for, are two entirely different things.

#355 9 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

I thought it was a super jackpot?

#356 9 years ago

Put it this way, when you find the hidden medal, it's not something you'll be able to get whenever you want and/or have an advantage over other players for knowing. But it's good to know it exists and you may be able to collect it multiple times? Don't know haven't tried.

Also, it's not really a hidden medal in the sense that you have to hit up up down down left right left right start. It just an added bonus for doing an objective that already existed in the game.

That all said, if you want to know its exact coordinates, pm me. I'm at work so may not get back right away.

#357 9 years ago

Ah yes, Contra code! 30 Ball game here i come!

#358 9 years ago

Just made it to KM multiball for the first time with 1.6. Love the new intro with the award of medals. Makes me feel happy!

#359 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Does anyone else find the light show when you get a medal to be somewhat blinding? Don't get me wrong. I love it, but it does make it hard to see the ball for a second.

I've been thinking the same thing; just the audio would be fine imho.

#360 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Just made it to KM multiball for the first time with 1.6. Love the new intro with the award of medals. Makes me feel happy!

Why are you still on 1.6?

#361 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Because a friend is probably coming over tonight who is a better player than me. When he replaces my GC score, that's when I'll update to 1.61.

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well, I'm at 1.6 because I'm lazy and don't want to update again after 1 day.

I'll probably do it in a couple of weeks when I'm sure 1.62 doesn't exist.

Robert

#363 9 years ago

Got back from my trip a couple days ago, installed the code...

Wow. Fun fun stuff. Very impressive code update. I was able to rack up 850 million, and was pleased to see your medals carry over from round to round. I was able to get 50 million for Gold medal completion, and 250 million in medal collection during that 850 mill game! Some nice subtle touches too.
Thumbs up.

#364 9 years ago

Also want to add, it's a shame that Stern didn't update some other pins that needed it bad. When they sit down and put their nose in it, this is how good it can be. A fine game like Avengers really only needed a little bit of polish.
I wish they would at least get rid of the Avengers monster X bonus that comes at random...THAT is what makes that game tournament unfriendly.

#365 9 years ago

First game on turn on of my Premium with 1.61, 126 mil. So much better than it was when I had the Pro with the old code. This game is easily one of my favorites now. The medal achievements are awesome.

Love the lighting during Klingon Mutliball how red fades to orange and yellow to off and cycles where to hit the shots. Crazy! And the shaker motor feels like its going to shake the game apart during it.

#366 9 years ago

I was angry with ST tonight. Fought me hard...and I stumbled. I cursed. I tilted. I had fun.

#367 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I was angry with ST tonight. Fought me hard...and I stumbled. I cursed. I tilted. I had fun.

LOL. That was me earlier this week. I had a great game last night, though. Entered KM with double scoring and got 76m just from medals. I love the big score chunks you can get with the new code. Too bad I did terrible in playing KM. I also got 38m from defeating the Vengeance and I final score of around 430m. I still have not made it to the second wizard mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 367 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-code-looks-to-be-improving-in-positive-ways/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.