original.jpg
in8eezx469lszejblorp.jpg
tumblr_nh8eozbIzy1spq68xo1_1280.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
009STT_Chris_Pine_028.jpg
Logan2.jpg
image.jpg
There are 367 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 9 years ago

Would it be considered bad form to suggest someone should ask Dwight Sullivan if he'd consider making any changes to STTNG code?? Maybe he could pair with a designer and change the old Williams code. There could be things added like a lightshow, enhanced or additional game modes, incorporation of a separate 27 inch lcd screen showing rips from the show yet choreographed to appropriate game modes. of course he would have to license the adjusted code to Planetary in order to get paid. Planetary would then need to license it and build interest on Pinside (while secretly building STTNG2! in the basement). Oh well, probably would have never made it that far if it had gotten off the ground.

#302 9 years ago

47. Tweaked - Tier III missions all keep your progress if you drain or timeout. You will pick up where you left off with each of them.

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from CosmosBandit:

47. Tweaked - Tier III missions all keep your progress if you drain or timeout. You will pick up where you left off with each of them.

I saw that. What a great addition for below average players like myself!

#304 9 years ago

I am really enjoying the improvements. It's like having a new game after only 5 days! Can't imagine what a breath of fresh air it is to long time owners!

Release notes say that the 5 year mission has dots now. That should be all that ColorDMD needs to go ahead a produce a colorized version. Dots are complete. Probably just bus fixes after this.

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Release notes say that the 5 year mission has dots now. That should be all that ColorDMD needs to go ahead a produce a colorized version. Dots are complete. Probably just bus fixes after this.

Since they've already announced it's coming I think it's safe to say it's in good hands.

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Since they've already announced it's coming I think it's safe to say it's in good hands.

Right. I figured they were waiting for one more release before actually producing.

You have a green light. Repeat. You have a green light.

#307 9 years ago

Had a great game. Finally hit over 100 million....barely.

KM was awesome with the new medals intro. The more I play this game, the more I love it!

Playing it at a show is one thing, but nothing beats home ownership!

#308 9 years ago

Had a great game. Finally hit over 100 million....barely.

Scoring is way higher on the new code. I had 243M my first game. That's higher than my GC score was on 1.5.

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Scoring is way higher on the new code. I had 243M my first game. That's higher than my GC score was on 1.5.

Yeah some scoring on 1.5 was pretty low and bonus count was practically worthless. It seems kinda weird now to see the scoring higher now, but at least it feels more rewarding now. Hopefully scoring isn't too high now, but time will tell on that....

Rob

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Agreed.

#311 9 years ago
Quoted from CosmosBandit:

So what is the differnce to Tier II?

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

Aurich, can you confirm the 2x multiplier for completing DTD 3 now? I could be wrong, but I feel like the shot multiplier did not work on 1.5. Please correct me if I am wrong.

So I didn't know where to put this now with the new 1.6 out... But i wanted to follow up, and maybe at least someone can verify that it is different now, or maybe it's just how it works and I am wrong.

Of course I went to my pin's location yesterday to test the DTD 3 warp ramp 2x multiplier... And the new code dropped without me even knowing... Oh well.

But this is what I found out. After you complete DTD3 the 2x multiplier is lit for the warp ramp.. Now the shot seems to double "IF" it is a mission shot. ie.. you are in a mission and the warp ramp is a shot towards completing the objective.. However, if you are not shooting a mission objective shot, the warp ramp only counts as 250,000 points. Maybe that's how they want it to play..? But it just seems to me that if the shot is 2x pf multi. then the warp ramp shot should be included into that mix... Just wanted to pass along that info..

Also got to 5 year mission, and watched that.. But the release notes clearly state that there has been changes.. so that's a good thing. It was nothing spectacular as it was.. IMHO.

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from Duex:

So what is the differnce to Tier II?

Klingon Battle 2: This has always been about focusing on the left ramp. Now with medal awards here's how it works - one left ramp scores normal but then momentarily lights the left ramp again for a quick hurry up - make it and you'll get awarded a lot more points + get bumped in medal rank. Miss it and the ramp will go back to a normal mission shot. So your promoted for consecutive shots.

Nero 2: The mode now works! Plus they added strategical shots to bump your medal rank

PD2: Same

DTD2: Added a red (roving?) light to the active shots. Im guessing this is for added bonus towards medals.

STE2: No new noticed differences that I can tell.

SJ2: Limited 2-way combo shots and more difficult 'special' shots for medals. Tough mode to get a gold on.

#314 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I like the scoring changes. You get more points for playing well and earning medals. Before, it didn't seem to make that big of a difference if you played well versus average. Getting a higher score doesn't matter much because it is all relative. What is fun is getting more rewards for doing things and hearing the sound effects.

#315 9 years ago

It's like a new game...

Robert

#316 9 years ago

New code is badass!

#317 9 years ago

yes !!!!!!

New code is badass

Fast and furious

images (2).jpgimages (2).jpg
#318 9 years ago

The new code is pretty awesome!!!

Does anyone know the general rules for getting medals in the different missions?

#319 9 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

The new code is pretty awesome!!!
Does anyone know the general rules for getting medals in the different missions?

So many mode shots will award a medal. (Not sure about the number)
The first shot of a Galactic mode will award a medal.
And I think Gold comes for completing every shot.
Someone feel free to correct if I am wrong.

#320 9 years ago

Instant info will tell you the shots left for the next medal. On level 1 missions it's 3/6/9 respectively though.

#321 9 years ago

Any further feedback on new code from Pro model owners?

Sounds like most here have a Premium/LE

#322 9 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

The light show is awesome, however I'm not a good enough player to say anymore.

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

It is awesome. Sounds like there is more bling on the premium / LE, but there is plenty of bling on the Pro as well.

#324 9 years ago

It might be just me, but after this update it just seems more fast and furious. It was fast before, and game play was great, but now I don't know, I mean to say is it actually seems like I'm fighting the damn pin now.

might be just the excitement of the new code is overwhelming my senses. But I just feel more caught up in it and trying to get good strategy is a little harder as I keep getting caught up in it. Then again I am a thrasher so a lot of strategy is out the window anyways.

#325 9 years ago
Quoted from harbngr:

It might be just me, but after this update it just seems more fast and furious. It was fast before, and game play was great, but now I don't know, I mean to say is it actually seems like I'm fighting the damn pin now.
might be just the excitement of the new code is overwhelming my senses. But I just feel more caught up in it and trying to get good strategy is a little harder as I keep getting caught up in it. Then again I am a thrasher so a lot of strategy is out the window anyways.

I feel the same way, but I love it. I think it is all the flashing associated with making shots and getting medals. There is more of a hurry up feel to the whole game now. One of the fastest pins out there!

#326 9 years ago

I'm tempted to go to 5 balls for awhile to see more of the new code. My limited skills will keep me from seeing all there is to see.

#327 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I'm tempted to go to 5 balls for awhile to see more of the new code. My limited skills will keep me from seeing all there is to see.

There are lots of extra ball opportunities in this game though which helps. I like to set replay and special awards to extra ball as well.

#328 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Yep - 5 balls for me. I like seeing stuff.

#329 9 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

There are lots of extra ball opportunities in this game though which helps. I like to set replay and special awards to extra ball as well.

Good suggestions. I never mess with those settings I'll give that a try.

#330 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Good suggestions. I never mess with those settings I'll give that a try.

I like to think of it as a reward for reaching replay - so you have to earn it. Besides what good is a free credit on a home game anyway?

#331 9 years ago

This update has made the game as good if not better than Spiderman.

I'm just really pleased.

Robert

#332 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Instant info will tell you the shots left for the next medal. On level 1 missions it's 3/6/9 respectively though.

It doesn't tell you exactly what you need though. It's not just any shots on tier 2 and up. For example Nero 2 you need to hit the alternating color insert. I have not played enough to see if the other missions are like that too.

Rob

#333 9 years ago

Are there any other "default" ways to get Extra Ball other than Warp Ramp shot count?

#334 9 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

I am extremely happy with this code update on my pro. Feels like its brand new all over again.

#335 9 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

Are there any other "default" ways to get Extra Ball other than Warp Ramp shot count?

I think you get an extra ball if you beat Vengeance 2.

#336 9 years ago

Does anyone else find the light show when you get a medal to be somewhat blinding? Don't get me wrong. I love it, but it does make it hard to see the ball for a second.

#337 9 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

I am extremely happy with this code update on my pro. Feels like its brand new all over again.

Cool thanks, I am considering a Pro...nice to know the update has made a big effect on all models

Now...do I sell my LOTR......hmmmm

#338 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Does anyone else find the light show when you get a medal to be somewhat blinding? Don't get me wrong. I love it, but it does make it hard to see the ball for a second.

Yes. Like you, I love it, but it is disorienting. Keeps you on your toes.

#339 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I usually play with the lights on with my PRO. But I wanted to see how the light show was so I turned off all the lights. After 2 balls drains with the lights go out while awarding the metal. I turned the lights back on. Still scored 147M which I think is relatively low for this game now.

#340 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

I usually play with the lights on with my PRO. But I wanted to see how the light show was so I turned off all the lights. After 2 balls drains with the lights go out while awarding the metal. I turned the lights back on. Still scored 147M which I think is relatively low for this game now.

I play in a bit of half light so you can see the light show but don't lose all vision.

#341 9 years ago

I just did a 6-way combo somehow. I don't recall seeing that before with the old code.

#342 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's totally blinding and messes up my next shot. No complaints, though. Other parts of the game are like that and I love it.

#343 9 years ago

Lights completely off here. Love the light show and nothing beats Klingon mb in the dark but agree about the blind factor - most games that have irritable flash syndrome bother the heck out of me. STLE, however, does not for some reason.

#344 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yes. But we love it.
Getting and extra ball during multiball is a complete trip. It is like a strobe light on the dance floor. lol.
And yes, we have a "Promium" model. (Tricked out Pro) and love it. The new code does wonders with it.

#345 9 years ago

I am impressed with the overall strategy of adding on this game.
there are so many things to do, different way to score high.
The notation * 2 Warp, the medals, the 3-level missions to validate pass * 2, the galactif modes work very well.

Wow I'm amazed
Stern made a homerun
this pinball is fast becoming my favorite
everything is now.
finally seeing the result, stern wants to satisfy its customers just that they are really light and poor communication.

may be the expansion of the company with a pollissage all their old games code we will see a resurrection of the vault edition because the games are already built, put a code at the height of consumer desires. just buy the license.
I guess the fans avatar or avengers with a working code and the stern won the super jackpot and reproduct pinball finished.
what a perfect business scenario for this company and the consumer.

this would optimize crossed the desert during the year 2000 .

Congratulations to the Stern team

images (8).jpgimages (8).jpg
#346 9 years ago

As a new Stern owner, a quick question:

How do you quickly reset a game without shutting it off and on again? On my T2, it was easy to open the coin box and hit a button to reset.

My Star Trek always seems to preserve the ongoing game when I get into the menu.

#347 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Klingon Battle 2: This has always been about focusing on the left ramp. Now with medal awards here's how it works - one left ramp scores normal but then momentarily lights the left ramp again for a quick hurry up - make it and you'll get awarded a lot more points + get bumped in medal rank. Miss it and the ramp will go back to a normal mission shot. So your promoted for consecutive shots.
Nero 2: The mode now works! Plus they added strategical shots to bump your medal rank
PD2: Same
DTD2: Added a red (roving?) light to the active shots. Im guessing this is for added bonus towards medals.
STE2: No new noticed differences that I can tell.
SJ2: Limited 2-way combo shots and more difficult 'special' shots for medals. Tough mode to get a gold on.

Sure the missions are different, but the general idea of increasing the difficult level by adding time pressure in Tier III is gone now.
Tier I is simple with the potential of extrem scoring and Tier II+III are complete a special amount of shots with increasing score by shooting the special shots.

#348 9 years ago

As a new Stern owner, a quick question:
How do you quickly reset a game without shutting it off and on again? On my T2, it was easy to open the coin box and hit a button to reset.
My Star Trek always seems to preserve the ongoing game when I get into the menu.

On every DMD, this is by holding in the start button after ball 2 has started, this will reset a new game.

#349 9 years ago
Quoted from Duex:

Sure the missions are different, but the general idea of increasing the difficult level by adding time pressure in Tier III is gone now.
Tier I is simple with the potential of extrem scoring and Tier II+III are complete a special amount of shots with increasing score by shooting the special shots.

Ya I hear what you're saying. I wonder if scoring gets weaker the more attempts it takes on a tier III mission? Something one of us will have to check and report back.

#350 9 years ago

I'm personally fine with the Tier III missions being more like Tier II. It encourages trying different things, like going three deep. You still have to beat them, and if you don't make the time you have to make the mode start shot(s) and do it some more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 15.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 367 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-code-looks-to-be-improving-in-positive-ways/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.