original.jpg
in8eezx469lszejblorp.jpg
tumblr_nh8eozbIzy1spq68xo1_1280.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
009STT_Chris_Pine_028.jpg
Logan2.jpg
image.jpg
There are 367 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

FYI, the BORN ON DATE was Feb 11 2015, so Stern made another run of these

Out of interest, does it run on the new board system?

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

One thing for sure, the layout, the flow, the brilliance of the LED lighting is a HomeRun! Gorgeous!
My NIB Metallica Pro w/ regular lighting looks so plain in comparison.

Yes after player ST all my pinball machine's pale in comparison regarding the lighting.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Great question

#54 9 years ago

Has anybody been down to Logan's in Chicago to play the Beta version yet??

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

That would kinda suck because Pinball Browser doe not run on it yet.
But on the other hand it would be cool to have all the new improvements.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Hard to believe no one is reporting anything yet.
I would be all over this if I had access.

#57 9 years ago

I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't mind the Away Team and Mission Start shots. Are they harder than the other shots? Yes. But, so what? IMHO it should be a bit difficult to start a new mission. I sometimes flip around for 20-30 seconds before I make one of those shots, but that makes it all the more satisfying when I do. And, with practice, the shots aren't that hard to make. Just my opinion, of course.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Huh, is that confirmed? If it's in public I guess there isn't much reason to not talk about it anymore.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't mind the Away Team and Mission Start shots. Are they harder than the other shots? Yes. But, so what? IMHO it should be a bit difficult to start a new mission. I sometimes flip around for 20-30 seconds before I make one of those shots, but that makes it all the more satisfying when I do. And, with practice, the shots aren't that hard to make. Just my opinion, of course.

I agree. I love those two shots. Especially the Away Team.
But I understand casual players not liking them that much.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Huh, is that confirmed? If it's in public I guess there isn't much reason to not talk about it anymore.

It was posted it was at Logan Arcade already.
They are only going to tweak it if Elwin finds scoring exploits.
What do you know sir.
Let's hear it.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

They are only going to tweak it if Elwin finds scoring exploits.

What's your source for that?

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What's your source for that?

I am friends with Steve, Keith and Bowen on Facebook.
Steve told Bowen they had already fixed the level 1, 2 and 3 scoring but wanted Keith to check for scoring exploits so Star Trek would be a good tourney game.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

I'll be at Logan on Friday, but really hoping to see something here before that.

Brian

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I'll be at Logan on Friday, but really hoping to see something here before that.
Brian

Hopefully you will. No reason not to discuss.
Any changes should be minor at this point. And the machines are out for test anyway

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I am friends with Steve, Keith and Bowen on Facebook.
Steve told Bowen they had already fixed the level 1, 2 and 3 scoring but wanted Keith to check for scoring exploits so Star Trek would be a good tourney game.

Okay, that's a little different from how I interpreted your first comment, I know about Keith being asked to test for "tournament play" stuff.

I'm curious to hear if 1.52 is really on location at Logan Hardware, I'm sure someone in Chicago will check sooner rather than later.

#66 9 years ago

Aurich,
Did you miss Wontwa's post of page 26 of the Wheresthecode thread?
Check it out.

Here it is. I just double checked. Straight from their page.

Logan2.jpgLogan2.jpg
#67 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Whoops... Arcade beat me to it. I pulled this image off the "where'sthecode" thread.

Seriously, how come we do not have updates from someone who has played this?!? Do you have to sign a waiver in order to play it? Haha

#68 9 years ago

I just noticed that George Gomez "liked" Logan's FB post so it must be legit.

#69 9 years ago

Breakout in STTNG? Umm, guess I've been under a rock. How do you get to that?

Edit: Found it here. Cool.

#70 9 years ago

Guess we lost Aurich for the night.
We will have to wait and see who beats him to the punch on this one.

#71 9 years ago

There's an easy way to prevent Level 3 repetitive scoring exploits: make each successive Level 3 attempt worth LESS points per shot than the prior attempt. I recommend halving the points for each attempt. You didn't finish the mode -- so you get only half as much per shot the 2nd time you play it, then halved again the 3rd time (1/4 value of 1st attempt), and so on.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

There's an easy way to prevent Level 3 repetitive scoring exploits: make each successive Level 3 attempt worth LESS points per shot than the prior attempt. I recommend halving the points for each attempt. You didn't finish the mode -- so you get only half as much per shot the 2nd time you play it, then halved again the 3rd time (1/4 value of 1st attempt), and so on.

Nice idea Collin.
We shall find out soon what they did.

Had some conversations and looks like we will find out info from the test location and then hopefully from some of the beta testers.
Good stuff is coming.

#73 9 years ago

As said before, there's also a LE machine on location running 1.52 beta in Belgium.

First reports:
Better lightshows, better KM, better vengeance, away team cleaned up, better bonus implementation, ..

I asked for a video but uncertain if it will make it soon.

#74 9 years ago

Where in Belgium? It is not that far away from Cologne.

#75 9 years ago

Sint-Niklaas

#76 9 years ago

Thanks, not that far but 2 hours (one way) is perhaphs a little bit too much.

#77 9 years ago

Does anyone know if they got the apron lights to work in game?

Does anyone know if they got the backbox lights to work in game?

Does anyone know if they got the asteroid lights to work in game?

Does anyone know if they got the speaker lights to work in game? (I don't know why they just don't leave them on)

Does anyone know if they got the cabinet side lasers to work in game?

#78 9 years ago

Very excited about this. I will be following closely. Of course, not much of that matters to me because I'm such an average to below average player, but, heck, as an owner I'm very stoked to try out the new code.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Sounds like what was done with the SJP in the OP and Megatron modes in TF. The game saved multiball progression, but decreased the SJP value with more attempts.

#80 9 years ago

I think ST is a great game as is. Love it. That being said, I know it has some flaws, etc... the potential for this code drop to elevate the game is pretty damn exciting.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Very excited about this. I will be following closely. Of course, not much of that matters to me because I'm such an average to below average player, but, heck, as an owner I'm very stoked to try out the new code.

Exactly how I feel.

#82 9 years ago

This is all VERY exciting news.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I agree. I love those two shots. Especially the Away Team.
But I understand casual players not liking them that much.

I like them to, I don't think they are extremely difficult, but are challenging.

#84 9 years ago

May be considering purchasing a NIB ST with the new code coming out, enjoy playing game on location. Any of you guys have a recommendation for distributors to contact .

Thanks,
Golfingdad1

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Does anyone know if they got the apron lights to work in game?
Does anyone know if they got the backbox lights to work in game?
Does anyone know if they got the asteroid lights to work in game?
Does anyone know if they got the speaker lights to work in game? (I don't know why they just don't leave them on)
Does anyone know if they got the cabinet side lasers to work in game?

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

May be considering purchasing a NIB ST with the new code coming out, enjoy playing game on location. Any of you guys have a recommendation for distributors to contact .
Thanks,
Golfingdad1

I think that once the next update comes people will settle in with their pins and it will become just like MET, a game people love with great gameplay. I do feel ST has the edge over Met on universal appeal though. I really enjoy ST now and am really excited for it to get even better.

#87 9 years ago

Posted 20 hours ago

Quoted from Frax:

The whole reason they made it so you had to finish the modes or restart them was to keep people from advancing BY timing them out.
I'm interested to see what their solution is...maybe make every repeat of the same mode worth less and less. I can't think of any other way to keep the "must complete" dynamic without screwing it all up.

Posted 11 hours ago

Quoted from Snailman:

#88 9 years ago

All I can say is I can't wait ST is fun and solid entry but not an epic title as I expected. ST has no love in my lineup right now as ACDC/Mustang take up all my playing time with much superior code, once ST is improved I am hoping it passes both of these titles in terms of game play and monopolizes all my time.

Here's hoping for only another month or two wait...

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Thanks,
Golfingdad1

We used Pinball Refinery.
Great deal and easy to deal with.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

We used Pinball Refinery.
Great deal and easy to deal with.

Ditto on all counts.

#91 9 years ago

My Premium is being shipped this afternoon! I hope it gets delivered tomorrow. Only 3 hours away from distrib.

#92 9 years ago

Steve Richie just posted that there will be no reason to time out modes anymore.

#93 9 years ago

6.5 the best pitch for Star Trek?

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Works for me.

#95 9 years ago
#96 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Yes........i think it plays as designed at 6.5. Had mine at 7.0 for a bit, and i just doesnt feel or play as well.

#97 9 years ago

Thanks!

#98 9 years ago

I find it weird that there has been really intense moments on pinside about the ST code, but now theres one on location being beta tested and nobody has played it or said anything about it.......?

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

I find it weird that there has been really intense moments on pinside about the ST code, but now theres one on location being beta tested and nobody has played it or said anything about it.......?

True.....but I think it's going to take a while to dig into it.

#100 9 years ago

Exciting news! can't wait to try out the new code

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 63.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 367 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-code-looks-to-be-improving-in-positive-ways/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.