(Topic ID: 101672)

ST Code Discussion - Update Coming Soon???

By Asylum

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 835 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Goonie
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

package.jpg
One-Billion_Dr_Evil-642-380.jpg
image.jpg
WarpC.png
cu.jpg
image-223.jpg
20140830_132112.jpg
image-749.jpg
image.jpg
image-626.jpg
002.JPG
250047-gornheader.jpg
image-649.jpg
Image-0x2008.png
woohoo.jpg
images-443.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 9 years ago

What a way to wake up on a rainy Saturday morning!!! yeeeehaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

#130 9 years ago

Final shot on Nero1 on the pro doesn't seem to be identified.

#172 9 years ago

And the greatest improvement of them all. The "irradiated" call out has gone. Yay!

#181 9 years ago

Permanent shot doubler on vertical three in a row is the shiznit!!! 20mill shot now available for end of VMB??

#238 9 years ago

This galactic shot is the game changer. If you activate it, then finish the mode, you miss it. So level one modes play completely differently now.

#250 9 years ago

Holy crap. Just went into a KMB on 42mil and galactic ramps going and came out the other side with 98mil. There is real leverage in the tier one modes now. Massive.

#258 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I do not understand why I do not see a lit shot when the mode is not complete,I had this happen with the old code and the new code,I hold the ball and look around and at times nothing lit to shoot for,am I missing something

Or you're in Nero1.

#266 9 years ago

Galactic award ***SPOILER ALERT****

***SPOILER ALERT****
***SPOILER ALERT****
***SPOILER ALERT****
***SPOILER ALERT****
***SPOILER ALERT****

Nero - Galactic Red matter
Prime Dir - G Lanes
KB - G Ramps
DtD - G Spinner
Sp J - G Vengeance
StE - G Warp ramp.

Sometimes the callouts don't go off, but some underlying awards flash. Vengeance flashes at the insert, as does the warp ramp, and the main ramps don't seem to. Red matter definitely does flash, as do the toplanes. Spinner doesnt flash. But it is the same for each mode each time. They also all reset the clock for longer time and just keep paying as you hit them. Vengeance only seems to pay one hit. Ramp combo logic carries over with the first combo doubling, then 10k increases.

Edit. Main ramps flash at the insert. And they alternate when you hit them.

#274 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So, is my understanding the Galactic Away Team is a pure "advanced" feature? Obviously it is completely optional as far as completing modes goes, and it's "use it or lose it" as it won't come up again once the level 1 is over.

Yeah, nothing in tier 2.

#275 9 years ago

Its actually turning all tier 1 modes into big fat hurry ups.

#277 9 years ago

o yeah. Adrenaline from the get go. Awesome. It's a two-event hurry up. You have to activate it first, then hit that away team shot. That's a lot to do straight out of the gate. And zero grace period. Plus use it or lose it. Absolute game changer at the tier 1 level.

#280 9 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

Does anyone explain the "Galactic award"
I did not understand?

Hit three mission shots, then the AT will light. Shoot the AT then..

Nero - Galactic Red matter
Prime Dir - G Lanes
KB - G Ramps
DtD - G Spinner
Sp J - G Vengeance
StE - G Warp ramp.

Sometimes the callouts don't go off, but some underlying awards flash. Vengeance flashes at the insert, as does the warp ramp, and the main ramps don't seem to. Red matter definitely does flash, as do the toplanes. Spinner doesnt flash. But it is the same for each mode each time. They also all reset the clock for longer time and just keep paying as you hit them. Vengeance only seems to pay one hit. Ramp combo logic carries over with the first combo doubling, then 10k increases.

It all ends after the extended time out period.

#284 9 years ago

Although at my skill level, that risk reward trade off is a bit of a luxury. It's all I can do just to get it!!

#289 9 years ago

On the pro, its just another insert blink, so it doesn't stand out. And I only ever get spinner/lanes/ramp callouts. Well, Vengeance sometimes, but never red matter or warp ramp. The lanes and red matter do stand out on the play field as they never flash together like that otherwise.

#290 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And if your good, you can save Klingon battle I for when you build warp ramp to 9, then start 3 in a row super ramps, then start Klingon battle, hit 9.1 for double scoring and start Klingon battle galactic event for galactic ramps and cash in!

Man, this is amazing when it happens (once for me so far and maybe never again, lol). 56mil from KMB. Spicey meatball!!

#295 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Does Galactic Away Team need to start before the mode 1 timer expires? Seems like a tall order to shoot 3, then shoot some more to build it, then cash it in before the 30 seconds is up.

Yep. You do get extra time for actual scoring though.

#301 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

So if you hit the away shot with only a few seconds left, you are screwed.

No, you're ok. That's when it resets. If you had a 30 second mode that got down to 2 seconds left, and you successfully hit the AT shot, the clock would reset to 30 seconds for you to do a bit of scoring on the galactic award you have just activated with that shot. Those numbers might not be exact, it's difficult to look at the DMD while doing this, lol, but that's the idea.

#379 9 years ago

If the only thing we got was the speech pack there would be pitchforks.

#412 9 years ago

I will agree that they are mostly pretty good. He asked me if I was drunk today. hilarious. but 3 or 4 of them just came out woeful. "Jim, are..you...al..right?", "They're getting closer"..I think everyone knows the offenders by now.

#454 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The other Galactic Events have no cue, so if you miss Admiral Steven's callout, you don't know what you're shooting for.

On the pro, relevant inserts are flashing, all others are out.

#462 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Yes I mean the roll over lanes at the top. I shoot the ball into the AT shot and it calls out a galactic event (sometimes) then it shoots the ball out of the shooter lane automatically barley giving me time to see what to shoot for for that galactic event. But I look and look and I don't see anything flashing on the playfield for the galactic event to shoot for?

G lanes is toplanes. On the pro they all flash together at a medium pace.
G Ramps is left and right Ramps. The inserts flash Red and alternate as you hit them. Other inserts are out.
G Red matter is the red matter inserts all flashing together at a medium pace.
G Warp ramp the warp insert flashes green. Other inserts are out.
G vengeance, the vengeance insert flashes yellow. Other inserts are out.
G Spinner, both the left eject and left orbit flash aqua. Other inserts are out.

And on each mode the galactic event is the same each time, so before long you won't have to hear the callout anyway.

#472 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was curious exactly how is the Galactic mode started ?

3 mission shots lights AT. Shoot AT and you have started the galactic mode that is attached to the mode you are in.

#497 9 years ago

Shot doublers ***SPOILER ALERT*** for those who haven't got there yet.

Nailed the 20mil vengeance shot with double play field going and combo to finish vengeanceMB. So sweet. Put up many hours on this beauty today and it is just getting better.

I think there are big points available early if you get a shot doubler going and then go back into a tier1 mode with a galactic award based on that doubler. So much fun. My humble congrats to the team for pulling this off. Not that they care what I think. But now, finally now I believe moving out SM for ST was the right decision.

And all this new stuff is even before you take your tier1 results through to later rounds for the big payoff. There are going to be some huge scores posted by the good players soon. (Not me, lol).
Anyway, doublers are linked to modes, not like Spidey where you double what you hit first.
KB - LR
PD - LE
SJ - RL
StE - RR
N - LL
DtD - WR

Sadly for me, I was hoping the vengeance would be one of the doubled shots and was going to go for that 40mil shot. Doesn't look like I can do that now.

#499 9 years ago

Well that, sir, just ain't fair. And I reckon could be classed as a bug. Maybe. It's so inconsistent with the philosophy of this machine being all about combos.

#580 9 years ago

I've just put in another full night on this baby. 1:30 am and have to go to bed, but don't want to step away from it. Trying to work out the risk reward of trying to get one or two shots doubled, then take them into a captains chair 3 in a row. So, two vertical then a horizontal. Really milk this tier 1 for points. I'm scoring >100m most games and not getting finished level 1. I haven't yelled and screamed at a machine like this in a long time. Trouble is its difficult to get a vertical done and still be on ball 1. Man this is so awesome. Seriously, it's like i've been on the rowing machine. Fantastic machine and quickly making some of the old favs look a bit slow. hmmm.

#597 9 years ago

I got it last night and think part of it was warp ramp then right ramp, but not sure what was before that. It was definitely a rare move as I caught it on the right flipper out of the warp then a very quick backhand for the combo. Don't think that would come up in general play that often.

#630 9 years ago

I've tried exploring this idea the last couple of days, and I'm beginning to think that trying to get any shots doubled first from verticals and then bring them through the horizontal groups is not worth the risk. So many big points are available as you build up the mission level by level if you just concentrate on the horizontal, and you get the mini wizards along the way. You should really be able to get 100m+ out of level 1 (I just got a 19m DtD), and then everything will be multiplying from there. I would be interested if anyone can/has pulled out a massive score by starting with verticals.

#632 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Isn't the consensus that those doublers still don't work properly? Once the code is fixed I think this will be a solid strategy, but for now concentrating on the getting your supers going with warp ramp multiers is the way to go.

True, but I wonder even when they do work properly, there is going to have to be a massive uptick in points available. I don't think anyone would seriously try to get more than two doublers through to the final rounds..six modes to get two shots doubled?? Good luck still being on a low ball by the time that's done. But I guess if the points can flow thick and fast once you're there you may only need a few minutes to clean up. Still awesome just trying to find out. I haven't turned on another machine in days.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-code-is-out?tu=timebandit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.