(Topic ID: 101672)

ST Code Discussion - Update Coming Soon???

By Asylum

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 835 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Goonie
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

package.jpg
One-Billion_Dr_Evil-642-380.jpg
image.jpg
WarpC.png
cu.jpg
image-223.jpg
20140830_132112.jpg
image-749.jpg
image.jpg
image-626.jpg
002.JPG
250047-gornheader.jpg
image-649.jpg
Image-0x2008.png
woohoo.jpg
images-443.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#427 9 years ago
Quoted from Slyce:

I agree, the callouts in PD are the weakest. The rest I'm ok with.

Biggest problem is that his callouts don't match the situation. "Jim, they're right behind us!!" said without a hint of panting, gasping or anything you'd hear from someone who was actually running for their life. Urban is an actor, but perhaps he's not good at voice-acting (like cartoon actors)? Either way, some of the callouts are just bad. Not a big deal.. the worst ones can be eliminated or changed with pinball browser. The overall update is very nice, just need to fix the double scoring and other bugs.

#430 9 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I found a setting to increase the kickback power, so I changed it from 28 to 32 (max) and that gives it more output, but still less than I expected.
Robert

Adjust the outlane switch to close a little later.. allows the ball to get closer to the kickback before it fires. Penalty is a slightly better chance of very fast balls getting past the kicker.

#431 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I found that taking off the small rubber on the right post in the kicker lane shot the ball up to the right top flipper.

This too... you can also shave the left side off and drop a dab of glue to keep it from rotating the shaved side away from the KB, but removing the rubber definitely helps.

#432 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-Klingon MB start is awesome, but the voice callouts are getting completely drowned out by all the sound FX. Some audio cleanup here would really help.

No, keep it as-is. You don't expect to hear well over the din of battle, right? More realistic the way it is now.

Agree on helmet-voice changes for Urban.

#461 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's a BS excuse to justify a poor mix. Why have voices there at all? I can't hear what Kirk & whoever are saying and the beginning of the Klingon voice is even obscured. Should you not hear any dialog in the ST movies because they're in the middle of battle? C'mon.

There are plenty of ST movie scenes with dialouge obscured by battle sounds. If you don't like it, that's fine, but it's appropriate for the scene they were trying to create - a surprise attack by Klingons.

#469 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

So 99.9% think Stern messed up and your in the 0.1% that thinks its intentional. I'm going to go ahead and say Stern will correct this and they did mess up. This is the reason we shoulds not just get one big update, but several smaller ones. The more in the update, the larger the chance of not finding bugs.

People are complaining about the levels of Bones new speech, not this particular clip; only Greg has mentioned it specifically.

It's no big deal, since if they do change it, those who like the original can just replace it from the old ROM using pinballbrowser. In that regard, it might be better to redo it so both versions are available.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-code-is-out?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.