(Topic ID: 101672)

ST Code Discussion - Update Coming Soon???

By Asylum

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 835 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Goonie
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

package.jpg
One-Billion_Dr_Evil-642-380.jpg
image.jpg
WarpC.png
cu.jpg
image-223.jpg
20140830_132112.jpg
image-749.jpg
image.jpg
image-626.jpg
002.JPG
250047-gornheader.jpg
image-649.jpg
Image-0x2008.png
woohoo.jpg
images-443.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 9 years ago

Just played my first game with the new code. HUGE improvement! The Klingon multiball start is incredibly cool, and there was an awesome "DOUBLE SUPER JACKPOT" callout. The sound has been tweaked in almost every area of the game, and it rocks. I love the new Bones callouts, and there are just a lot more callouts in general now. I had a pretty good game. $134M with default settings. Hit Warp 9.9. Super fun! Can't wait to explore all the new rules. Bravo Stern!

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Are Extra Balls awarded with Warp Ramp Shots anymore?

I definitely got an extra ball from the Warp ramp. I think it was around Warp 5, but I wasn't paying super close attention. The "Double Super Jackpot" callout during Kilingon Multiball was so insane I started laughing out loud. For all I know it was in the game before and I just never got it, but today was definitely the first time I had heard it.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

One small complaint: they seem a little loud compared to the other quotes and sounds.

I noticed that as well. Hopefully, they will be able to tweak the sound mix with a future update.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

You can try setting the speech volume adjustment a little lower, that helps too! I have set mine to -1 currently. It's in feature adjustments.

I was actually going to try to raise the speech volume. Some of the new sound effects are so loud that they drown out the callouts.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Look out Gweempose, it's headed your way

That's what my wife was just saying. She watches that doppler like a hawk!

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

How is the le kickback,will the game give the ball back if the kickback mises

I just checked, and it looks like there is still no compensation if the kickback misses. I triggered the switch and then immediately dropped the ball into the trough. The ball ended.

#168 9 years ago

I love how during Prime Directive Bones now says "Jim, they're getting closer". It's a million times better than the generic "They're getting closer Captian, run!" quote that used to be in the game.

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

im surprised at all the kickback issues; mine works 99% of the time, and 7 out of 10 times it kicks it to the upper flipper for a warp shot attempt.

My game is exactly the same. It occasionally kicks it back kind of weak, but overall it's not an issue.

#346 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

has anyone noticed a difference with the balls getting stuck on magnet during vengeance multi ball??? read me says there is a code change that addresses this issue, just wondering if it has helped anybody

I had a ball get stuck today. It's rarely been a problem on my machine since I twisted the opto wires, but the code change either didn't fully fix the problem, or didn't address my exact issue.

#376 9 years ago

The more I play the game with the new code, the more I agree that some of the Bones quotes just don't have the enthusiasm that they should. It's not like Urban doesn't have the ability to convey the proper emotions. The guy is an awesome actor. I agree with the person who said he wasn't given proper direction. When you're shooting a movie, it's the director's job to make sure that they get what they want out of their actors. Whoever was in charge of the sound design on the game needed to do the same thing with Urban's speech. Many of lines were said very calmly, when they needed to convey a sense of urgency and excitement. Someone dropped the ball, and I don't think it's fair to blame Urban. Overall, I still think the new quotes make the game better, but I can't deny that I'm disappointed when you compare it to something like Stephen Lang's Avatar quotes. Those are all spot on, and the ST quotes should have been as well.

#377 9 years ago

FYI, I also experienced the bug where I hit the "Away Team" shot and the auto-plunger didn't fire. It was during the victory laps after I defeated the Vengeance. I accidentally shot one of the two remaining balls back into the shooter lane, and it just sat there until I manually plunged it.

#382 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's not fair to blame Urban for his own work?
He's the actor that played Bones in the movie. He knows the character! He should have been able to give plenty of enthusiasm and emotion without direction from a pinball designer.

I don't know. I suppose you're right, but it just doesn't make sense that Urban would phone it in. I really like him as an actor, and I guess I'd like to believe that he didn't fully understand the context of some of the lines he was reciting. Perhaps part of the problem lies in the fact that the speech was recorded after the fact instead of worked into the game from the beginning.

#439 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's a BS excuse to justify a poor mix. Why have voices there at all?

I've found the entire sound mix to be way off in the new code. Many of the voices and callouts are completely drowned out by the sound effects and music, particularly when you first start a new mode. I had to turn speech to -10 in order to get an acceptable balance, and it's still not perfect. This was not the case with the old code. I never adjusted any of the volume controls before, and the mix always sounded fine.

#449 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I love the new code but I will never figure out why we the pinball community can find things wrong with the code very quickly and stern can't ,it is like it is not really tested by real enthusiast

What's funny about that statement is that Stern already has the best debugger I can think of on their payroll. Seriously, is there anyone on the planet more qualified to play and test new code than Lyman?

#476 9 years ago

As I mentioned before, they messed up the sound mix. It helps if you lower the speech volume setting. I have mine at -10, and it seems way better balanced now.

#482 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

FYI -10 is actually louder, not quieter. Maybe that's what you meant by lowered. Why they did it that way is beyond me, it confuses so many people.

Yes, it's very confusing. I wanted to increase the speech volume relative to the other sounds, so I lowered the setting from 0 to -10.

#523 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

All Galactic Modes SHOULD have an indicator (so far, I think it's just Lanes (solid blue), Red Matter (solid pink), and Warp Ramp (blinking green). We need spinner, ramps, and Vengeance.

On top of this, I also think there should be an audible indication that the mode has been completed. As it stands, they end with virtually no fanfare.

#589 9 years ago

At the very least, they should go off when you destroy the Vengeance. They're pointed right at it, after all.

#609 9 years ago

Why bother learning the 1.4 rules when 1.5 has so many changes?

#616 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I so want to do it but always have trouble getting the warp ramp ones with the multiball going.

The key is to cradle a ball on the left flipper and then shoot the combo.

1 week later
#692 9 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Turn the speech into the minus. I have mine set at -15 and I can hear the callouts perfectly.

They messed up the sound mix in 1.5. If you don't crank up the speech, the callouts get completely drowned out by the music and sound effects.

#694 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Strange because I hear them just fine...

That is strange.

#700 9 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Maybe not so strange...I hear them fine too after 1.5 and that is with only one ear.

Quoted from Nokoro:

I hear them fine as well. I think the sounds are well balanced.

Perhaps I'm the one with the fu**ed up hearing.

1 week later
#736 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

anyone played amok yet (wizard mode level 2) damn

I keep choking before I make it. Reaching "Amok" is my number one pinball goal right now.

3 weeks later
#800 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Wow. Couldn't disagree more. When the feed back to the upper flipper is dialed in for repeatable Warp ramp looping, it's one of the most exhilarating repeatable shots in pinball. Fast, furious, and fun.

+2

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-code-is-out?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.