(Topic ID: 101672)

ST Code Discussion - Update Coming Soon???

By Asylum

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 835 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Goonie
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

package.jpg
One-Billion_Dr_Evil-642-380.jpg
image.jpg
WarpC.png
cu.jpg
image-223.jpg
20140830_132112.jpg
image-749.jpg
image.jpg
image-626.jpg
002.JPG
250047-gornheader.jpg
image-649.jpg
Image-0x2008.png
woohoo.jpg
images-443.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider asylum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

It has landed!!!

Hello Pinball Fans,

We are pleased to release a comprehensive programming update for Star Trek!

The complete list of changes and additions is forthcoming, but we’ll point out some of the highlights here:

More than 150 Karl Urban (“Bones”) custom speech calls are now installed, along with a healthy dose of new Klingon speech, more Admiral Stevens speech, more Computer Voice, and additional lines from the most recent Star Trek movies. All speech and speech placement has been polished and enhanced. There are now more than 1,200 phrases used in the game, ranging from “Star Fleet Serious” to “Bones-Style” sarcasm!

We have added a feature called “Galactic Away Team” to each of the Tier I Missions. Shooting the ball behind the upper right flipper after 3 Mission shots activates an added scoring objective for each of the 6 Tier 1 Missions. Timers are extended and bigger point opportunities are there for the taking. The LE/Premium gets appropriately colored lighting effects to mark each Galactic Away Team goal where possible.

LE and Premium color-changing LED lighting effects have been enhanced. It’s a beautiful thing.

The Warp Ramp now offers much more fun, excitement, and rewards. Sequential shots now score 250K, 500K, 1M, 1M, 1M, etc., so shooting the Warp Ramp can be very lucrative for those who can repeat the shot. In addition: Warp 4-8 (depending on difficulty settings) lights Extra Ball as before, Warp 9.1 awards Double Scoring, and Warp 9.9 awards Add-a-Ball Multiball with Double Scoring.

Klingon Multiball now has a dramatic “Blackout” laser start-up sequence that is powerful, exciting, and lets the world around you know you’ve scored big. New Klingon speech, scoring and Jackpots, Super Jackpots, and Double Jackpots pay out bigger points and excitement.

New software that corrects earlier issues with optical switch timing and the magnet under the Vengeance has been implemented.

You asked for it. We bring it. On the Star Trek Pro, the completed Shields targets now awards “Rescue”. When the T of the T-R-E-K lanes is blinking in a unique pattern, a ball draining out the left lane will be “Rescued” and replaced with a ball immediately launched into play. It’s a life saver.

The Second Vengeance Battle remains a dangerous 5-shot Hurry Up, but if you make all 5 shots, you will be instantly awarded an Extra Ball.

“Drilling Down” a Mission through Tiers I, II, and III now awards “3 in a row” with new dots, and, the appropriate shot awards Double Score for the remainder of the game in all Missions and Wizard Modes. Strategies for winning have changed.

We’ve added Warp Ramp Champ. Carol Marcus is back. The Gorn speaks.

The whole Match Sequence has been overhauled with speech and more elegant presentations.

Unique Combos are named after Bridge Officers and award bigger points.

The ball saver timer for Kobiyashi Maru has been extended.

The Star Trek theme song now plays during 5 Year Mission.

All Missions are easier to start.

New dots have been added, and they are crisp and fast. Additional dots and speech notifications have been added that inform the player what the current objectives are, as well as score notifications from completed objectives.

We hope you will enjoy the new code. Thanks for your continued support.

Live Long and Prosper!

Steve Ritchie

Post edited by Asylum: Changed topic to stop giving all of us waiting heart attacks!

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

the firmware file itself cannot be downloaded

Just downloaded it Robin...

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/ga

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

downloaded and updating the usb on my machine as we speak

Ditto!

1 month later
#787 9 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

is there an existing thread with a good breakdown on all the modes and missions.

Great question... I think Eskaybee did one already?

#799 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

When the feed back to the upper flipper is dialed in for repeatable Warp ramp looping, it's one of the most exhilarating repeatable shots in pinball

Agreed!

2 months later
#808 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

What a horrible thread to bump. lol

Quoted from underlord:

Bunch O teases...

Quoted from Goonie:

That's exactly what I thought....Yea!!!...followed by Awe Man!!! What a roller coaster!

100% same here! That's why I haven't bumped my own thread!*

*....well until just now!

#812 9 years ago
Quoted from oktobernv:

Sorry guys
My bad. Didn't mean to "trick" anyone

No worries at all brother! Its all in fun... and your post actually gave most of us a few moments of excitement anyway. And for that we thank you!

#830 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Please edit the title as it is no longer applicable.

Done!

#833 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

OP beat me to it.

Ya... that's like three days in a row someone bumped it and got me all excited for nothing...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider asylum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-code-is-out?tu=asylum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.