(Topic ID: 101672)

ST Code Discussion - Update Coming Soon???

By Asylum

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 835 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Goonie
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

package.jpg
One-Billion_Dr_Evil-642-380.jpg
image.jpg
WarpC.png
cu.jpg
image-223.jpg
20140830_132112.jpg
image-749.jpg
image.jpg
image-626.jpg
002.JPG
250047-gornheader.jpg
image-649.jpg
Image-0x2008.png
woohoo.jpg
images-443.jpg
There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 17.
#301 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

So if you hit the away shot with only a few seconds left, you are screwed.

No, you're ok. That's when it resets. If you had a 30 second mode that got down to 2 seconds left, and you successfully hit the AT shot, the clock would reset to 30 seconds for you to do a bit of scoring on the galactic award you have just activated with that shot. Those numbers might not be exact, it's difficult to look at the DMD while doing this, lol, but that's the idea.

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Me three. on the down low .

Me four on sending the movie music bin.

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes. For the most part. So after you hit 3 mission shots, away team shot is lit and if you hit it right away you'll get the default amount of points per hit during the galactic mode. But if you have time, hit some more of the mission shots (combos especially), then get the away team shot and your galactic mode score values will be increasingly better. The hardest mode I've found to increase this value is destroy the drill. While modes like Klingon battle and Nero are a but easier to build that galactic scoring.
And if your good, you can save Klingon battle I for when you build warp ramp to 9, then start 3 in a row super ramps, then start Klingon battle, hit 9.1 for double scoring and start Klingon battle galactic event for galactic ramps and cash in!

That sounds pretty cool! That definitely makes the tier 1 modes more interesting than they were. They were completely lacking in risk/reward, now it's there.

#304 9 years ago

Finally had a good game.
Double Super Jackpot on Klingon Multiball is awesome.
I finally figured out why I was having so much trouble hitting the Warp ramp shot. My boulder was loose (screw halfway out) and the boulder was leaning down enough that it would interfere with a majority of the shots. I got to warp 9.2
Bug- The laser stayed on after Klingon MB ended and didn't turn off until I drained the ball.
I have to say after getting sometime on the game the code update is great.

image-749.jpgimage-749.jpg
#305 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Finally had a good game.
Double Super Jackpot on Klingon Multiball is awesome.
I finally figured out why I was having so much trouble hitting the Warp ramp shot. My boulder was loose (screw halfway out) and the boulder was leaning down enough that it would interfere with a majority of the shots. I got to warp 9.2
Bug- The laser stayed on after Klingon MB ended and didn't turn off until I drained the ball.
I have to say after getting sometime on the game the code update is great.

image-749.jpg 171 KB

Well done!

Another thing about the warp shot, if you're using those crappy super bands or whatever on the upper flipper, it'll mess with the design of the shot and make it increasingly harder. Stay factory for that flipper, black rubber.

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well done!
Another thing about the warp shot, if you're using those crappy super bands or whatever on the upper flipper, it'll mess with the design of the shot and make it increasingly harder. Stay factory for that flipper, black rubber.

Yep I have the factory rubbers on. No superbands here.

I did notice when I was playing Destroy the Drill I hit the last shot with the multicolor/flashing insignia and it gave me 3.2 mil or so points which I thought was huge for that shot. My total was 4.2 or 4.3 mil for the Mode. Not sure if I had double scoring on or it is a bug. I'm not sure how points are calculated for those last shots for modes when they are flashing.

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I saw that also. There will surely be a bug fix release or two soon after such a massive update.

#308 9 years ago

I don't now about the pro but the Klingon mufti ball start on the le has to be one if not the best MB start of any game ever,the sound effects with the shaker really feelsl like you we're hit buy a Klingon ship and the whole effect with the laser and black out is just flat out fantastic

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Yep I have the factory rubbers on. No superbands here.
I did notice when I was playing Destroy the Drill I hit the last shot with the multicolor/flashing insignia and it gave me 3.2 mil or so points which I thought was huge for that shot. My total was 4.2 or 4.3 mil for the Mode. Not sure if I had double scoring on or it is a bug. I'm not sure how points are calculated for those last shots for modes when they are flashing.

Not a bug. It was there on the old code. Some of the multicolor shots score big. Combo it and it's even greater.

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I don't now about the pro but the Klingon mufti ball start on the le has to be one if not the best MB start of any game ever,the sound effects with the shaker really feelsl like you we're hit buy a Klingon ship and the whole effect with the laser and black out is just flat out fantastic

I was just saying the same thing to a friend. Those few seconds are really intense and pump you up for what is about to come.

#311 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

the klingons multi balls build up is also pretty awesome on the pro.

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I would like this as well please...

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from Dis_Pinballer:

erak:
I know you have been waiting patiently, what do you think of the new code?

Fantastic. Tons of new stuff, but like everyone has said already some of the karl speech is a little flat. But it could be the volume issue with it too. And after playing more and more its less noticeable.
KMB lightshow is outstanding, rescue, galactic modes etc.
Are all awesome additions.

The only thing I noticed is some modes still lack sound fx to match the animations on the DMD.
This would make those modes far more exciteing. (Future update i hope)

And after how good the start of klingon multiball is now, the vengence multiball start sequence lights seems like it needs better treatment.

But overall its a blast to play.

#314 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

the klingons multi balls build up is also pretty awesome on the pro.

Indeed, especially with my new external sub hooked up. I've never seen the Premium one with the laser, but it must be nuts.

#315 9 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

Indeed, especially with my new external sub hooked up...

man i need to get me one of those.

#316 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

man i need to get me one of those.

I have the Flipper Fidelity system with the oversized woofer and it does just fine.

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well done!

'Crappy Super Bands' here. I can hit it just fine.

20140830_132112.jpg20140830_132112.jpg
#318 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Those who want the movie music should follow the procedure in the thread. It's not that bad and a few people have already done it. The good thing is that once you have edited the music, you can re-use the music with any new released code. As you can imagine, sharing the BIN is a problem because it would contain copyrighted music.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-all-music-replaced-with-music-from-movie-video

#319 9 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Those who want the movie music should follow the procedure in the thread. It's not that bad and a few people have already done it. The good thing is that once you have edited the music, you can re-use the music with any new released code. As you can imagine, sharing the BIN is a problem because it would contain copyrighted music.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-all-music-replaced-with-music-from-movie-video

For a lot of us who are not computer savvy that thread might as well be written in Klingon...

#320 9 years ago

Of course Ieft for Houston (LSU game) just an hour before this was released. Will be Monday night before I can play it. Sounds amazing though.

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

So you hit the right away team and you have a ball sitting in the shooter lane......leave your punch it button enabled, choose your mission, resist the urge to press the shiny flashing button, and pull the freaking shooter rod!

Then dont press the button!
I have been into a few oat sodas tonight, what am I missing on this? To each his own but DUDE, it seems like your handcuffing yourself for no reason!
Cheers!

I think maybe you misunderstand what I'm saying ( not that it is important at all). I want tge punch it button to work for torpedoes and mission select, just not launching my ball. Not sure how that 'handcuffs' me. ?

#322 9 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I think maybe you misunderstand what I'm saying ( not that it is important at all). I want tge punch it button to work for torpedoes and mission select, just not launching my ball. Not sure how that 'handcuffs' me. ?

You can just use the shooter rod.

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Of course Ieft for Houston (LSU game) just an hour before this was released. Will be Monday night before I can play it. Sounds amazing though.

Go Badgers! Oh sorry.

Good Luck LSU! Hope you have fun TigerLaw.

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

My name is bemmett and I too use "Crappy Super Bands" and hit it just fine.

#325 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

20140830_132112.jpg 148 KB

Had the "crappy Super Bands" on my STLE without issue as well. Have them on most of my pins.

#326 9 years ago

Pretty good update, but nothing on Metallicas'.

#327 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

20140830_132112.jpg 148 KB

Quoted from bemmett:

Quoted from RobT:

Had the "crappy Super Bands" on my STLE without issue as well. Have them on most of my pins.

Sounds like a SuperBands Support Group Meeting.

image-223.jpgimage-223.jpg
#328 9 years ago

Do the apron lights do anything?

#329 9 years ago
Quoted from Slyce:

You still have to make the away team or mission start shot to change mission or go on to the next tier, however if you are about to make the final shot to end a mission you can select the next mission at mission start/away team right away.

thanks for the nice explanation, I am a slow player. I mean I'll play like 10 games on a machine in a week (or less) so I don't see a lot of this as soon as some of you guys so it helps if I know what to look for.

I just don't understand what you mean about if you are about to make the final shot to end the mission... (could you explain what you mean?)

#330 9 years ago

I'm trying to make the call outs louder but the adjustment does not seem to relate. I mean if I set it higher it sounds lower and vice versa. Also some 'voices' like in the intro don't seem to get louder in the same way as the 'call outs'. Am I doing something backwards?

#331 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm trying to make the Voiced louder but the adjustment does not seem to relate. I mean if I set it higher it sounds lower and vice versa.

Negative numbers are higher, positive are lower.

#332 9 years ago

has anyone noticed a difference with the balls getting stuck on magnet during vengeance multi ball??? read me says there is a code change that addresses this issue, just wondering if it has helped anybody...

#333 9 years ago

also what about "captains chair" does this mean anything other than I got 3 in a row?

#334 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

has anyone noticed a difference with the balls getting stuck on magnet during vengeance multi ball??? read me says there is a code change that addresses this issue, just wondering if it has helped anybody...

Seems a lot smoother to me.

#335 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

For a lot of us who are not computer savvy that thread might as well be written in Klingon...

Then help out! I have attempted to make it clear, but if you have problems at any point, PM me and I will help. Hopefully that also results in a more idiot proof set of instructions.

You can at start by downloading those free programs and installing them.

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

LOVE that you can select a mission after finishing one AND you can select a mission before Klingon mb starts.

been trying to understand this change. Does it mean you can select a new mission after the final shot or only if the final shot is to the start mission lock?

#337 9 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Then help out! I have attempted to make it clear, but if you have problems at any point, PM me and I will help. Hopefully that also results in a more idiot proof set of instructions.
You can at start by downloading those free programs and installing them.

thanks..I am going to begin to re read everything posted and see if I can figure it out but I will probably have to pm you at some point.

I got my STLE last month from a fellow pinsider who had already added the movie soundtrack and now with the code update I have lost the music and really want it back.

#338 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

been trying to understand this change. Does it mean you can select a new mission after the final shot or only if the final shot is to the start mission lock?

If you hit the left lane as the final shot, it will now let you select the next mission immediately.

If you have Away Team lit, it will now function as a final shot (I don't believe it did previously). Hitting it will finish the mission and let you select the next one immediately.

Likewise, if you hit the left lane with the third lock lit, you get to select a mission before Klingon MB starts.

#339 9 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

If you hit the left lane as the final shot, it will now let you select the next mission immediately.
If you have Away Team lit, it will now function as a final shot (I don't believe it did previously). Hitting it will finish the mission and let you select the next one immediately.

thanks, and how do you start Galactic event?

Quoted from Roo:

if you hit the left lane with the third lock lit, you get to select a mission before Klingon MB starts.

so do you play the mission before Klingon MB or at the same time as MB?

#340 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

... I will probably have to pm you at some point....

Not a problem. I'm rather eager to see what I can do to make the instructions more clear. No better way to do that than to have a fresh set of eyes trying it out.

The game feels so natural with the soundtrack music - I can't even remember what the original Stern music sounds like!

#341 9 years ago

Struggling with volume control. Factory setting just too loud so I backed of music and voice (15/15) but it sounds like there is no change with the sound effects.(Still too loud and covering up voice). What am I doing wrong? Didn't have this problem with the last code.

#342 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

+1

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Releases when its suppost to at timers end and when a ball hits it. Works perfect

#344 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

thanks, and how do you start Galactic event?

so do you play the mission before Klingon MB or at the same time as MB?

Galactic events: in any tier one mission, hit three lit shots. This lights away team. Make that shot and the galactic event starts.

I cannot confirm the the multiball as I haven't gotten in that situation yet, but I'm pretty certain you will start the mission and multiball at the same time, thus avoiding the old code problem where you can start the multiball in "no mans land" between missions.

#345 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I've had a near 100% rate of the ball getting stuck with Vengence multiball. After several games with the new code, I've had 100% success with the ball releasing. Seems like they have found a software solution to the problem. I've been hoping that would happen after the warp ramp chase lights were fixed in software and all the hardware changes for the magnet issue haven't worked for me. Just hope it's gone for good.

#346 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

has anyone noticed a difference with the balls getting stuck on magnet during vengeance multi ball??? read me says there is a code change that addresses this issue, just wondering if it has helped anybody

I had a ball get stuck today. It's rarely been a problem on my machine since I twisted the opto wires, but the code change either didn't fully fix the problem, or didn't address my exact issue.

#347 9 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Updating resets all settings also slingshot power. Set this to approx 16 and you will be fine again (I hope)

Thanks but mine has always been on 'standard settings' from day dot apart from changing it to Free Play and turning off the horrific replay screech. The Air balls were 2 going for the warp ramp at Warp 5 and a couple in the lower playfield. No slingshots involved.

#348 9 years ago

Finally made it home and installed the update. Haven't really had a chance to dig in yet, but initial impressions are solid.

If you were expecting a Metallica like transformation, where the whole game really changed you might be disappointed. If you thought it was a good game with some flaws that kinda of ruined it then I think you should be really pleased.

It's the same game, but smoothed out. The Away Team shot is a definite game changer, you *want* to play the Level 1 modes now to try and get it. The clearest indication of change is I'm no longer annoyed when I get the Black Hole aware for more time on a Level 1, it just means there's more chance for Away Team.

Combining the final shot to the mode start shots with being able to start the next mode really speeds things up too, it's a super welcome change.

Biggest let down so far is the Karl Urban speech. Man, he phoned that in big time. It's super obvious he just didn't care about pinball and really bothering to do a strong performance, which is a shame. If I was Ritchie and Stern I'd try a trick out of the Thiel book from earlier in the pin's life, and try speeding up his quotes without pitch shifting them. Might help a lot of they were faster, make up for some of the deadpan, almost lazy sounding speed at which he's reading.

Still, it's not a big deal, and it's cool to have them for sure. Beats anything Lars did, and the Metallica quotes have all grown on me. So I'm not worried.

Looking forward to playing some more!

I'm also seeing some bugs, I'll document more as I get more time, but I'm hoping we see a little update to this soon to fix issues that crop up with wide play testing.

#349 9 years ago

i never had balls get stuck until the new code,now i am looking at the optos and they are both fine in test,

#350 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I wasn't having a problem before the update. Now, with the update, most of the time the second ball hits the first on the magnet and takes its place on the magnet, trapping both of them. A third ball releases, but I need to shake the machine to release the other balls. They are not magnetized so I'm not sure what is going on. Kind of a bummer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-code-is-out/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.