(Topic ID: 101672)

ST Code Discussion - Update Coming Soon???

By Asylum

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 835 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Goonie
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

package.jpg
One-Billion_Dr_Evil-642-380.jpg
image.jpg
WarpC.png
cu.jpg
image-223.jpg
20140830_132112.jpg
image-749.jpg
image.jpg
image-626.jpg
002.JPG
250047-gornheader.jpg
image-649.jpg
Image-0x2008.png
woohoo.jpg
images-443.jpg
There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 17.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Yes, make sure you download it to the root directory of the flash drive (aka don't stuff it in a folder). Put the flash drive in the game board, move the DIP #8 to on (located pretty much right behind the light blub in the back box on that same board. And follow the instructions on the DMD. It is pretty simple.

thanks for the reply, I am not good at this obviously. It shows that it's downloaded on the drive C I think. using I-tunes I guess.

How do I convert it to what you are saying?

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

The flashing didn't really bug me that much, but I think it did make it a bit harder to see if the lane was lit in terms of completing TREK. Not that it's a big deal in this game since all it does is increase the spinner value slightly.
Sounds like a good candidate for a new adjustment option, though.

Yes the flashing "T" is just fine the way it is. I like a reminder that I have activated the kick back.

#203 9 years ago

Do I send it to dropbox or Patriot drive J (name of my flash drive I guess) ?

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Do I send it to dropbox or Patriot drive J (name of my flash drive I guess) ?

Make sure the downloaded file from stern is unzipped before saving it on your flash drive or it wont recognise it on there. You need the STPRO1.5.bin file

1: download file to your computer.
2: unzip the fle using winzip or any other extraction program.
3: take the file with the .bin at the end and save it directly to the usb flashdrive.
4: flip dip switch 8 in the backbox and follow instructions.

#205 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Make sure the downloaded file from stern is unzipped before saving it on your flash drive or it wont recognise it on there. You need the STPRO1.5.bin file

Ok so when I am looking at the file, when I right click to I go click on WINZIP, or SEND TO or OPEN WITH ?

I never do this shit, guess I need to learn.

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I love how during Prime Directive Bones now says "Jim, they're getting closer". It's a million times better than the generic "They're getting closer Captian, run!" quote that used to be in the game.

Yeah, that sure sounds WAY cooler. What a big change!

#207 9 years ago

erak:
I know you have been waiting patiently, what do you think of the new code?

#208 9 years ago

also, do I need to delete the 1.40 files currently on the flash drive?

#209 9 years ago

The galactic events are top notch! Galactic vengeance!!!! Galactic lanes seem cool too. Game is so fast though to see the dmd and point values! Rob come up here and play my STLE so I can watch!

#210 9 years ago

So, the update has a very long changelog list. The new lighting and sound effects are great. The game is definitely a lot better than it was.

However, for those of you that did nothing but complain about the rules and how every mode felt "the same" before, I don't see how it's any different now. Yet all those same people seem pretty pleased with the update. Why is that?

Personally, I've been ok with the rules all along. They're not fantastic, but they're not terrible. In this update, it feels like really none of the rules have changed at all. Sure there are some small rule changes like the addition of the shield targets lighting the left outlane on the pro or the setting that use to exist now being defaulted to "ON" where 3 deep gives you a 2x shot for the game. But for the most part nothing has changed. The list is long, Steve Ritchie posted it himself showing he cares, lots of new call outs, no real rule changes, and everyone is happy? Well I'm happy that people are happy. I am happy, too. But it is still confusing.

#211 9 years ago

ok I think I lucked into it. I clicked a link on the first page of this thread and I somehow have my BIN file now. Download in progress. oh I can't wait!

#212 9 years ago

has someone swapped the audio and could send me a pm link

thx

#213 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

However, for those of you that did nothing but complain about the rules and how every mode felt "the same" before, I don't see how it's any different now. Yet all those same people seem pretty pleased with the update. Why is that?

Personally, I've been ok with the rules all along. They're not fantastic, but they're not terrible. In this update, it feels like really none of the rules have changed at all. Sure there are some small rule changes like the addition of the shield targets lighting the left outlane on the pro or the setting that use to exist now being defaulted to "ON" where 3 deep gives you a 2x shot for the game. But for the most part nothing has changed. The list is long, Steve Ritchie posted it himself showing he cares, lots of new call outs, no real rule changes, and everyone is happy? Well I'm happy that people are happy. I am happy, too. But it is still confusing.

I haven't played it obviously, but from what I've read in the notes, this is also the impression that I get. I posted a similar question in the ST = Work thread.

I'm sure people are pleased though because there are obviously improvements as you noted. Better call outs, some cool MB effects, warp ramp finally implemented like it should be etc. But yeah, the modes don't appear to have any major changes based on what I've read other than the Galactic Away Team scoring, which I don't understand yet.

Do you know what the GAT scoring does Mark?

#214 9 years ago

So,still no Star Trek main movie theme music

#215 9 years ago

So previous updates went fine, but now keep getting an error message:
image.jpgimage.jpg
I am using the same USB as I did last time but don't seem to be having any luck...at the moment but will keep trying before trying to revert to the previous version

#216 9 years ago

"Dammit man, I'm a Doctor, not a Pinball Wizard!"

#217 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

So, the update has a very long changelog list. The new lighting and sound effects are great. The game is definitely a lot better than it was.

Have to agree with you. The game has definitely been made better with the lighting and callouts but the rules don't appear to be much different apart from the away team and a few other scoring changes.

I didn't have a problem with the game before but the visuL and audio changes are great. Love the start of Klingon multiball.

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from krivoap:

I am using the same USB as I did last time but don't seem to be having any luck...at the moment but will keep trying before trying to revert to the previous version

image.jpg 132 KB

Error 8 is the one that is ok I think. I think it updates it but keeps your high scores.

#219 9 years ago

So this code is growing on me. Before I mentioned I didn't like the female galactic call outs and now I quite enjoy them. I think after 8 mos of hearing the same call outs it takes a little getting used to with the new ones.

However, I think the 2X pf shot still might be bugged? I got DTD3 complete, lit the warp 2X and my 250k combo'd warp shot was still 250k

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Most people felt the level 2 and 3 missions were fine and different. The tier 1s are great now cause after 3 shots you have the choice to start a galactic even which each tier 1 is completely different from the next. In fact, it's almost what I was envisioning when I mentioned in the Star Trek = work thread that each tier 1 mission should focus on a specific feature in the game and now they do!!! Thanks Steve and team for listening and they implemented it way better! Galactic event! Great idea IMO.

#221 9 years ago

Ok got a few games in. I disable the punch it button launching the ball. Because of this I could not select a mission once I hit the right away team. Basically sitting there in no mans land. Secondly I notice away team coming on what appears to be prematurely during a mission. I hit it and no move forward into next mission.

I love it though! Thanks for the help with the download guys.

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It's because they made it easier (which is basically what most wanted) and they increased scoring. Easier + more points = happy home buyers. The boatloads of new audio, dots and lights helps too, but easier is always better.

They also made Tron easier in later updates and that seemed to work out okay. The possible irony here is that due the easy to light kickback and factory placement of the left outlane post, the pro may now be higher scoring than the premium or LE. That would be a first.

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Ok got a few games in. I disable the punch it button launching the ball. Because of this I could not select a mission once I hit the right away team. Basically sitting there in no mans land. Secondly I notice away team coming on what appears to be prematurely during a mission. I hit it and no move forward into next mission.
I love it though! Thanks for the help with the download guys.

Why would you disable the Punch it button?

#224 9 years ago

Love the scoring strategies! Just got super ramps, super spinner , double scoring AND galactic ramps! I was getting 200k per spinner switch and couldn't tell what my ramp shot scores were but I then started Klingon mb. This all happened on ball 3, going into that stacking frenzy my score was around 60-70m, coming out of Klingon mb and eventually draining, I got HS#1 for 154M. Pretty bitching stack if you ask me.

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from krivoap:

image.jpg 132 KB

Ok, as a check, reinstalled 1.42 from the same flash drive without any issues. I decided to try a different flash drive after a fresh FAT32 reformat and redownloaded the 1.5 binary again, and things now seem to be going smoothly now.

#226 9 years ago

Ha, just got galactic ramps and double scoring for 2M galactic warps and I'm pretty sure I was getting the bonus points for regular warps.

Side note (unconfirmed), but I believe once you light a galactic event you can continue to hit shots to build the galactic point value. Trying to confirm that...with the glass on of course shit it's almost midnight. May not be able to confirm til Sunday night. Enjoy the code peeps. I know I was on the fence my first few games, but really liking it now.

#227 9 years ago

Ok pretty much confirmed it, normally in Nero galactic target mode I 'think' I was around 480m per target with values increasing by 5k per each hit. This last game I pulled off a sweet 5-way Nero combo then started the galactic event and target values started at 800k! With 5k increments per hit. Unless I'm sleep deprived, that is a cool feature and can be used nicely for scoring stacking.

Enjoy the code boys, and I leave ya with a cool new bones call out:

"Damn it Jim, don't man handle it!"

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Love the scoring strategies! Just got super ramps, super spinner , double scoring AND galactic ramps! I was getting 200k per spinner switch and couldn't tell what my ramp shot scores were but I then started Klingon mb. This all happened on ball 3, going into that stacking frenzy my score was around 60-70m, coming out of Klingon mb and eventually draining, I got HS#1 for 154M. Pretty bitching stack if you ask me.

Sounds awesome. You are obviously way better than me.

What is galactic ramps? Is that from the Galactic Away Team mode of a certain lv 1 mission?

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Why would you disable the Punch it button?

Because I don't want the ball to fire when I hit it. Guess I am a little traditional, I like to plunge it?

#230 9 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Secondly I notice away team coming on what appears to be prematurely during a mission. I hit it and no move forward into next mission.

You activated a Galactic Away Team mode. Check out the first post.

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

You activated a Galactic Away Team mode. Check out the first post.

Yeah I came to realize that, thanks.

101 mil so far nothing special, but not bad. Had 228 on the old code. This code is awesome!!!

#232 9 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Because I don't want the ball to fire when I hit it. Guess I am a little traditional, I like to plunge it?

If you disable it can you still fire torpedoes? Seems odd to disable something that is completely under your control, if you don't want to press it then don't move your hands from the flipper buttons. I have never hit or brushed the button without purposely doing it.

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

If you disable it can you still fire torpedoes? Seems odd to disable something that is completely under your control, if you don't want to press it then don't move your hands from the flipper buttons. I have never hit or brushed the button without purposely doing it.

I want to select my mission, swig my beer, scratch my nuts and fire the ball. Wtf do you care, lol. It's one flaw in the programming. Wasn't a problem before.

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

Sounds awesome. You are obviously way better than me.
What is galactic ramps? Is that from the Galactic Away Team mode of a certain lv 1 mission?

Galactic ramps is awarded from Klingon battle galactic event. Each mission has their own specific galactic event. It's pretty sweet once you get the hang of it. Not only that but you can continue making shots to build your galactic value then hit away team shot and your time increases and the event starts.

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I want to select my mission, swig my beer, scratch my nuts and fire the ball. Wtf do you care, lol. It's one flaw in the programming. Wasn't a problem before.

I don't care but it just makes ZERO sense to me. Have fun not being able to select a mission because you disable a button that you have a choice to press or not press!?!

All in good fun...this thread needs some Pinside drama!

Cheers!

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Galactic ramps is awarded from Klingon battle galactic event. Each mission has their own specific galactic event. It's pretty sweet once you get the hang of it. Not only that but you can continue making shots to build your galactic value then hit away team shot and your time increases and the event starts.

Cool, I didn't know that. In the few games I've played I've gone for away team straight after three shots. Maybe it's time to push my luck a bit more.

The update looks very promising. I hate to be negative at this point, but to me a few of the KU call outs lack a sense of urgency considering the situation he is supposed to be in. He sounds sort of uninspired. Ah well, nothing major =)

#237 9 years ago

Went to download the LE version and it's not available anymore (page cannot be found). Guess I'll have to wait until they put it back up.

EDIT: I went to the actual game page and tried to download it from there and it worked.

#238 9 years ago

This galactic shot is the game changer. If you activate it, then finish the mode, you miss it. So level one modes play completely differently now.

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I don't care but it just makes ZERO sense to me. Have fun not being able to select a mission because you disable a button that you have a choice to press or not press!?!
All in good fun...this thread needs some Pinside drama!
Cheers!

Sorry to disappoint! I was really hoping for your approval. I don't want the fucking button to launch my ball. It's an option for a reason. (Apparently beyond your comprehension). Cheers

#240 9 years ago

Galactic Away Team scoring? do you get this mode after hitting three shots on a mission? then hit the away insert but what happens after this?

#241 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Galactic Away Team scoring? do you get this mode after hitting three shots on a mission? then hit the away insert but what happens after this?

Yes, after three shots the away team lights up. If you make the shot you then get additional time and new objectives to complete within that tier one mission, possibly increasing the score more than just playing the mission as usual as well as getting the galactic rewards that SKB is talking about. I haven't played enough to get into more detail at this point, but the objectives are different for each mission.

#242 9 years ago
Quoted from Slyce:

Yes, after three shots the away team lights up. If you make the shot you then get additional time and new objectives to complete within that tier one mission, possibly increasing the score more than just playing the mission as usual as well as getting the galactic rewards that SKB is talking about. I haven't played enough to get into more detail at this point, but the objectives are different for each mission.

Cool thanks for that one more question how do I tell what the rewards are or what to shoot for? cheers

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Cool thanks for that one more question how do I tell what the rewards are or what to shoot for? cheers

I'm not sure on the rewards yet apart from what Eskaybee said above, but someone will surely share it soon =)

The lit shots will be different from the normal mission so you'll know what to aim for

#244 9 years ago

I just had a game where the laser and motor continued to run after finishing klingon multiball. the laser was still on all the time during the next mission until the ball drained.

looks like a bug.

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Ok got a few games in. I disable the punch it button launching the ball. Because of this I could not select a mission once I hit the right away team. Basically sitting there in no mans land.

So you hit the right away team and you have a ball sitting in the shooter lane......leave your punch it button enabled, choose your mission, resist the urge to press the shiny flashing button, and pull the freaking shooter rod!

Quoted from TronGuy:

I don't want the fucking button to launch my ball.

Then dont press the button!

I have been into a few oat sodas tonight, what am I missing on this? To each his own but DUDE, it seems like your handcuffing yourself for no reason!

Cheers!

#246 9 years ago

Did they get rid of the original pop bumper animation? In the videos I have seen, it's now spock beating up khan.. or trying to. Or is that super jets mode?

Rob

#247 9 years ago
Quoted from flx:

I just had a game where the laser and motor continued to run after finishing klingon multiball. the laser was still on all the time during the next mission until the ball drained.
looks like a bug.

I'm guessing given the number of changes there will be some minor bugs in this code.
Now if they would only release some new ACDC code...

Rob

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Did they get rid of the original pop bumper animation? In the videos I have seen, it's now spock beating up khan.. or trying to. Or is that super jets mode?
Rob

That is the super pops mode yes.

#249 9 years ago

I installed it and played a couple of games and in one game I had 4 air balls. never had a single one before.
I know it's not from a software update but a very strange coincidence.

#250 9 years ago

Holy crap. Just went into a KMB on 42mil and galactic ramps going and came out the other side with 98mil. There is real leverage in the tier one modes now. Massive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-code-is-out/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.