(Topic ID: 101672)

ST Code Discussion - Update Coming Soon???

By Asylum

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 835 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Goonie
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

package.jpg
One-Billion_Dr_Evil-642-380.jpg
image.jpg
WarpC.png
cu.jpg
image-223.jpg
20140830_132112.jpg
image-749.jpg
image.jpg
image-626.jpg
002.JPG
250047-gornheader.jpg
image-649.jpg
Image-0x2008.png
woohoo.jpg
images-443.jpg
There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 17.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I noticed that as well. Hopefully, they will be able to tweak the sound mix with a future update.

You can try setting the speech volume adjustment a little lower, that helps too! I have set mine to -1 currently. It's in feature adjustments.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

You can try setting the speech volume adjustment a little lower, that helps too! I have set mine to -1 currently. It's in feature adjustments.

I was actually going to try to raise the speech volume. Some of the new sound effects are so loud that they drown out the callouts.

#103 9 years ago

I've only played a few games but it seems easier to put up points.

My flippers also seem weaker, particularly the warp ramp one. Not sure if I like it or not but can always adjust.

More variety on the match screen is also cool.

#104 9 years ago

Gosh darn it! Thunderstorms rolling through Peoria.....don't want to install update until it passes. Look out Gweempose, it's headed your way

#105 9 years ago

How is the le kickback,will the game give the ball back if the kickback mises

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Look out Gweempose, it's headed your way

That's what my wife was just saying. She watches that doppler like a hawk!

#107 9 years ago

What a way to wake up on a rainy Saturday morning!!! yeeeehaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

...One small complaint: they seem a little loud compared to the other quotes and sounds. For now, I have set the speech volume setting to -1 and that seems to dial it down a little.....

nice to know i'm not the only one, i wasn't sure if i wanted make a comment about it.

#109 9 years ago

Whoo Hooo! I've brought along my ST LE to the UK Pinball Party for everyone to enjoy.

Code downloading as I type this out, New code for us to play in the morning!

#110 9 years ago

and now start to colorize the firmware

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

» YouTube video

Wow that is cool! I would love a color DMD on this game.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

How is the le kickback,will the game give the ball back if the kickback mises

I just checked, and it looks like there is still no compensation if the kickback misses. I triggered the switch and then immediately dropped the ball into the trough. The ball ended.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just checked, and it looks like there is still no compensation if the kickback misses. I triggered the switch and then immediately dropped the ball into the trough. The ball ended.

That is to bad,a little thing but It should be there

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

That is to bad,a little thing but It should be there

Played a dozen games and the kickback has worked 100%. No need for the software compensation to be there too.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I noticed that as well. Hopefully, they will be able to tweak the sound mix with a future update.

I also hear the new call outs are louder then the originals. But it's a small price to pay

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Played a dozen games and the kickback has worked 100%. No need for the software compensation to be there too.

Ok,if it is not. Needed,

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

» YouTube video

WTF - how do you do that? Color DMD? Your own code? I want - oh I want!!!

#118 9 years ago

WOO HOO

woohoo.jpgwoohoo.jpg
#119 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I also had some issues with kickback prior to the update - but I've also played 10 games or so and it seems consistently stronger. I would sometimes kickback so weak it went directly to the right outlane... what a drag that was...

Kickback seems stronger and better timed.

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

I wonder what this means?

On the final shot if you shoot it into the VUK hole it will count as the final shot and then allow you to start the next mission. Before it would only register the last shot then you still had to shoot one of the start mission shots.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

If it kicks back weakly & goes back and trips the switch again, it should kick again and/or compensate you w/ another ball. What may work perfectly on your machine may not work perfectly on another.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If it kicks back weakly & goes back and trips the switch again, it should kick again and/or compensate you w/ another ball. What may work perfectly on your machine may not work perfectly on another.

Then fix it. Seriously.

In a multiball it might get confused and give you a ball when it shouldn't. On a Pro there will not be that problem. Maybe disabling the kicker will enable a software ball saver?

#123 9 years ago

The music in the new code is unchanged, so I have already replaced all the music with the movie soundtrack. It fits perfectly:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-all-music-replaced-with-music-from-movie-video

#124 9 years ago

finally the 2 shield targets do something on the pro. virtual kickback, works great.

#125 9 years ago

Just played a couple of games.... nice job Steve & Stern! Lovin' it!

#126 9 years ago

Anyone else have issues with the flippers lightly publishing when some shots are made. Seems as if there is some bleed when the warp ramp or vengeance is activated that lightly pulses my flippers to activate about half the normal distance

Strange issue

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Played a dozen games and the kickback has worked 100%.

On my Premium the kickback is the same as before, very weak.

I kickback went straight into the "away team"...and several others were close.

Robert

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Then fix it. Seriously.
In a multiball it might get confused and give you a ball when it shouldn't. On a Pro there will not be that problem. Maybe disabling the kicker will enable a software ball saver?

Maybe not another ball, but it should KICK again if the switch his hit more than once. All games with kickbacks do this. They all have a grace period after the initial kick and will kick again if the switch is hit. ST even makes the kickback sound effect when the switch is hit - it just won't kick again after the first time. Easy software fix. Common kickback behavior.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Maybe not another ball, but it should KICK again if the switch his hit more than once. All games with kickbacks do this. They all have a grace period after the initial kick and will kick again if the switch is hit. ST even makes the kickback sound effect when the switch is hit - it just won't kick again after the first time. Easy software fix. Common kickback behavior.

OK I agree with that. My point is that people still having problems with kickback must have switch adjustment problems. Try making it more or less sensitive until it is dialed in. That is what I did when I first got mine.

#130 9 years ago

Final shot on Nero1 on the pro doesn't seem to be identified.

#131 9 years ago

My kickback works 95% of the time. I'd appreciate a virtual save for the few times it glitches. Just like phantom flip on MB.

#132 9 years ago

f'in sweet!!!! just in time for long weekend!!!! yessssssssssssssssssssssss

#133 9 years ago

Thanks, Steve & Co., for making this thing fun again. I still have a lot to see and hear, but I can say at this point that I especially like the new Klingon multiball, and the new call outs are terrific.

#134 9 years ago

Alright it's here I can finall......oh wait, I sold it. And just a shade under a decade too...alright.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Thanks, Steve & Co., for making this thing fun again. I still have a lot to see and hear, but I can say at this point that I especially like the new Klingon multiball, and the new call outs are terrific.

Yes the Klingon multiball is great.

#136 9 years ago

Hadn't seen this before...
Image-0x2008.pngImage-0x2008.png

#137 9 years ago

I noticed some of the new call outs are not mixed right in the sound. a little loud. just bringing it up again for the Stern folk.

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I noticed some of the new call outs are not mixed right in the sound. a little loud. just bringing it up again for the Stern folk.

Doesn't the readme say that the Bones callouts have their own individual volume adjustment?

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Doesn't the readme say that the Bones callouts have their own individual volume adjustment?

It states "Added speech volume modification to Bones speech". Went through all the settings, did not see it as an option to adjust. I did change speech to 1 and it seems better...or I am just getting used to it now after playing for 3 hours.

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

finally the 2 shield targets do something on the pro. virtual kickback, works great.

Ya.... I just wish they would have put a second kickback on the other side as well.

#141 9 years ago

The start of Klingon multiball is pretty friggin sweet. I'll bet the light show is even better on the premium / LE

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

Did you find it worked in multiball? Thought it drained a few times on me when doing the double flash on Klingon Multiball.

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

The start of Klingon multiball is pretty friggin sweet. I'll bet the light show is even better on the premium / LE

Yeah I am doubly glad that I bought the green laser mod now. This game is really something else!! Best lighting in and out of a pinball machine ever.

#144 9 years ago

That Klingon Multiball blackout light show really gets me tensed up! I'm sold just on that change.

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Did you find it worked in multiball? Thought it drained a few times on me when doing the double flash on Klingon Multiball.

I'm pretty sure it worked in KM

#146 9 years ago

Any Spock Prime speech added to the update?

#147 9 years ago

Captain_Kirk is truly the Captain.
He defines awesomeness, and his predictions are amazing.
image-649.jpgimage-649.jpg

#148 9 years ago

Are there more Khan scenes added to the update?

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Anyone else have issues with the flippers lightly publishing when some shots are made. Seems as if there is some bleed when the warp ramp or vengeance is activated that lightly pulses my flippers to activate about half the normal distance
Strange issue

Yes, I notice it occasionally on the upper flipper but not to that extent, just a little jitter!

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from Dis_Pinballer:

Captain_Kirk is truly the Captain.
He defines awesomeness, and his predictions are amazing.

image-649.jpg 26 KB

All in a days work. Captain Kirk out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-code-is-out/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.