(Topic ID: 101672)

ST Code Discussion - Update Coming Soon???

By Asylum

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 835 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Goonie
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

package.jpg
One-Billion_Dr_Evil-642-380.jpg
image.jpg
WarpC.png
cu.jpg
image-223.jpg
20140830_132112.jpg
image-749.jpg
image.jpg
image-626.jpg
002.JPG
250047-gornheader.jpg
image-649.jpg
Image-0x2008.png
woohoo.jpg
images-443.jpg
There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 17.
#601 9 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

Complete this sentance if you've heard it, Damn it Jim I'm a doctor not a ______________! On another note, I thought for sure on 1.5 we would have call outs pushing the flipper buttons while the machine is in attract mode. Anybody know why this wasn't put in the new code?

Lyman likes to implement attract mode sounds...other programmers don't really seem to do it.

#602 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Nice. Now you're just a few easy steps away from getting the double super (10M) on vengeance MB most every time you start it.
1. Avoid drop target early
2. Save all torpedoes accumulated until vengeance MB is started
3. Cradle two balls after starting vengeance MB (both on one flipper or one on each)
4. Use torpedoes until final shot is remaining (watch damage gauge on display)
4a. Cradle separation (if needed)
5. Backhand left ramp to start combo, then shoot vengeance for 10M with the returned ball
If you don't have a full rack of torpedoes when starting vengeance MB, shoot the lit ramps during the ballsaver for safe and easy vengeance hits. If balls are already separated before final shot is ready, use your chin or epic beard to fire torpedoes.

I was actually able to do this just now. I had to use my chin for the fire button!

#603 9 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

I've also got superbands on mine. I got the blue ones to match the STLE. I've hit 9.9 a few time but never 65 friggin warps!
Nice job ectobar!

Thank you. It was an awesome game. Ended up with my best score to date as well, 353 mil!

"I remember that night like it was yesterday. I had just the perfect combination of pizza grease and grape soda."

#604 9 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

There is a setting to reduce the brightness of flashers. I always set it to the minimum. LED flashers always seem way too bright to me!

Thanks for reminding me about that. I'm going to give it a try for a bit.

#605 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I was actually able to do this just now. I had to use my chin for the fire button!

My wife always laughed at me when I used the "Chin Button". I started calling them beer belly bombs and stopped using my chin

#606 9 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

beer belly bombs

LOL - classic~!!!

#607 9 years ago

If I want to learn all the rules of star trek, is there a 1.4 rulesheet out there? Or anything that can help me piece together the full picture?

-ben

#608 9 years ago
Quoted from monsterbaldy:

If I want to learn all the rules of Star Trek, is there a 1.4 rulesheet out there? Or anything that can help me piece together the full picture?
-ben

I have not viewed it yet but here is a 59 min video of 1.4 code.

#609 9 years ago

Why bother learning the 1.4 rules when 1.5 has so many changes?

#610 9 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

My wife always laughed at me when I used the "Chin Button". I started calling them beer belly bombs and stopped using my chin

Chinball.

#611 9 years ago

Anyone know when PAPA will release a video tutorial for the new code?

#612 9 years ago

*SPOILER ALERT* - KLINGON JACKPOT RULES....

FYI, from the man himself:

KMB Super Jackpots are as follows:
7 Shots = Super JP
14 Shots = Klingon Super JP
15 Shots = Double JP (Roaming Target)
16 Shot = Warp Ramp DOUBLE SUPER JACKPOT!
Thanks Steve!

Gonna try this tonight

#613 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

7 Shots = Super JP
Thanks Steve!
Gonna try this tonight

Awesome… thanks for posting this.

#614 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The warp ramp just keeps getting better and better.

#615 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

7 Shots = Super JP
Thanks Steve!

Gonna try this tonight

I dunno what it was before in the old code either but to date I have not ever been able to get the 14 shots even, I so want to do it but always have trouble getting the warp ramp ones with the multiball going. Now I'm definitely going to have to get my $hi* together and get er' done!

#616 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I so want to do it but always have trouble getting the warp ramp ones with the multiball going.

The key is to cradle a ball on the left flipper and then shoot the combo.

#617 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What constitutes a "shot"...a ramp shot with a lit insert?

Robert

#618 9 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

What constitutes a "shot"...a ramp shot with a lit insert?
Robert

In Klingon Multiball, red Starfleet inserts are "shots".

#619 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I dunno what it was before in the old code either but to date I have not ever been able to get the 14 shots even, I so want to do it but always have trouble getting the warp ramp ones with the multiball going. Now I'm definitely going to have to get my $hi* together and get er' done!

Concentrate on completing the two warp ramp shots at the beginning of multiball, before the ball saver runs out. Allow misses to drain as long as the ball saver is running so they get recycled and fed back to the upper flipper. (don't flip at balls using the lower flippers until two warp ramps are made, or the ball saver runs out) Soft plunge to the upper flipper before the auto plunger fires whenever you can for a quicker (no pops) and easier shot at the warp ramp.

If you get one early, but still need the second one late, cradle a ball on the left flipper then shoot the left orbit with the right flipper to setup a combo to the warp ramp.

I haven't tried the new software yet, but 1.4 had a long ball saver at the beginning of Klingon MB. Use that long ball saver to your advantage. It's hard at first to ignore the lower flippers, but with practice, it gets easy. Getting the warp ramp shots is a lot like Stewie MB on FGY. Ignore lower playfield until upper playfield is done, then finish the rest of the shots.

#620 9 years ago

Having fun with the the new code.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#621 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

image.jpg 189 KB

damn, that's a pretty good score.
please explain what you did to reach that score.

#623 9 years ago

I get scores like that all the time! If you take that 3 off the first part.

#624 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

damn, that's a pretty good score.
please explain what you did to reach that score.

Thanks. The Warp Ramp is your friend.

Got to Enterprise Amok, and started 2x (9.1). Had no clue what I was doing on Amok -- just shot whatever was flashing and ended up with 50M from that.

Then plowed through level 3 missions, and was ONE #$%!@# mission away from 5-Year Mission. I played Nero III 4 times, and couldn't pull it off. But each time was still worth a crap ton of points --- each "failure" was worth between 15-30M for my Nero III totals when the timer ran out.

Got two EB's: the usual one from Warp ramps, and then I believe another one from completing Vengeance Scoring?? Or perhaps Vengeance Battle??
No successful death saves -- floor was sticky and tilt was too tight.

#625 9 years ago

Wonder if new instruction cards will come out? Did Stern or anyone issue new cards after the Metallica overhaul?

#626 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

image.jpg 189 KB

Well done mr snail!

#627 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

7 Shots = Super JP
Thanks Steve!
Gonna try this tonight

Isn't that the same except the shot 7 jackpot? I mean I got to Shot 15 yesterday and still think that the scoring for this 'amounf of work' compared to Mission tier 1 is a little bit disappointing.

#628 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

No successful death saves -- floor was sticky and tilt was too tight.

Is that a location game? Enough points for the GC score?

Nice work either way.

#629 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Wonder if new instruction cards will come out? Did Stern or anyone issue new cards after the Metallica overhaul?

I seriously doubt it, and nope.

I'm going to design and print new cards to include with my translite package, and I'll also upload the design to the thread when I announce them for anyone who wants to download them and print for free. Just been too busy with soccer season starting (I coach two teams) to get to them. This weekend probably.

#630 9 years ago

I've tried exploring this idea the last couple of days, and I'm beginning to think that trying to get any shots doubled first from verticals and then bring them through the horizontal groups is not worth the risk. So many big points are available as you build up the mission level by level if you just concentrate on the horizontal, and you get the mini wizards along the way. You should really be able to get 100m+ out of level 1 (I just got a 19m DtD), and then everything will be multiplying from there. I would be interested if anyone can/has pulled out a massive score by starting with verticals.

#631 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I've tried exploring this idea the last couple of days, and I'm beginning to think that trying to get any shots doubled first from verticals and then bring them through the horizontal groups is not worth the risk.

Isn't the consensus that those doublers still don't work properly? Once the code is fixed I think this will be a solid strategy, but for now concentrating on the getting your supers going with warp ramp multiers is the way to go.

#632 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Isn't the consensus that those doublers still don't work properly? Once the code is fixed I think this will be a solid strategy, but for now concentrating on the getting your supers going with warp ramp multiers is the way to go.

True, but I wonder even when they do work properly, there is going to have to be a massive uptick in points available. I don't think anyone would seriously try to get more than two doublers through to the final rounds..six modes to get two shots doubled?? Good luck still being on a low ball by the time that's done. But I guess if the points can flow thick and fast once you're there you may only need a few minutes to clean up. Still awesome just trying to find out. I haven't turned on another machine in days.

#633 9 years ago

With super ramps going with the warp ramp multiplier, I generally get 8-10mil per warp via combo shot. If I could get that doubled from completing DTD, ~20 mil shots!

#634 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Is that a location game? Enough points for the GC score?
Nice work either way.

Yes. And yes. Thanks.
Factory settings/posts. Tilt is pretty tight.
Props to pinsider buffaloatx for operating it, and having it dialed in.

#635 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Nope. I don't think a game needs new cards when stuff is added…but if stuff is incorrect, they probably should. X-Men's instruction cards still have incorrect info about the Wolverine multiball.

#636 9 years ago
Quoted from Duex:

Isn't that the same except the shot 7 jackpot? I mean I got to Shot 15 yesterday and still think that the scoring for this 'amounf of work' compared to Mission tier 1 is a little bit disappointing.

Not the same. In 1.4 you had to hit the 14 shots and then 15 shot was a moving shot you had to time and hit for the Super.

#637 9 years ago

For you guys that know the rules better than I, how does ST now compare to SM?

Is SM better because it's more stacking opportunity or is ST better since you can play different games more like AcDc (whereas SM seems to play similar each time more like Tron).

Also which would tend to be deeper SM or ST and which is better?

#638 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

For you guys that know the rules better than I, how does ST now compare to SM?
Is SM better because it's more stacking opportunity or is ST better since you can play different games more like AcDc (whereas SM seems to play similar each time more like Tron).
Also which would tend to be deeper SM or ST and which is better?

SM has more breadth -- more modes/multiballs/achievements to choose to shoot at any given time. Also better variety of multiballs with Doc Ock having three distinct Mb's.
ST has more overall depth (or is it length?) --- 6 different missions with 3 distinct levels to each vs SM's 5. Two mini-wizard modes vs SM's one.

SM's shot multipliers actually work and are much more accessible. But ST's Super Modes are better.

I like the aesthetic flow of ST better, but it's also got much wider shots in my opinion.

The stacking in SM is better, because while both can start a MB on top of a mode, in SM, besides the mode, you can also use MB to work on other achievements such as sandman, venom, etc. Further, you can stack another MB on top of an existing one in SM. Can't do that in ST (I don't consider Warp 9.9 as a full MB, because it's just 2x scoring).

ST has one of my new favorite shots in all of pinball: looping the Warp Ramp!

Overall, I still prefer Spider-Man.

#639 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

SM has more breadth -- more modes/multiballs/achievements to choose to shoot at any given time. Also better variety of multiballs with Doc Ock having three distinct Mb's.
ST has more overall depth (or is it length?) --- 6 different missions with 3 distinct levels to each vs SM's 5. Two mini-wizard modes vs SM's one.
SM's shot multipliers actually work and are much more accessible. But ST's Super Modes are better.
I like the aesthetic flow of ST better, but it's also got much wider shots in my opinion.
The stacking in SM is better, because while both can start a MB on top of a mode, in SM, besides the mode, you can also use MB to work on other achievements such as sandman, venom, etc. Further, you can stack another MB on top of an existing one in SM. Can't do that in ST (I don't consider Warp 9.9 as a full MB, because it's just 2x scoring).
ST has one of my new favorite shots in all of pinball: looping the Warp Ramp!
Overall, I still prefer Spider-Man.

thanks for the detailed overview. I am just starting to scratch the surface of both. I like both side ramps equally, Warp is neat cause it disappears and feeds itself. Venom is neat because it changes direction on the way down and has a great sound effect.

#640 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Not the same. In 1.4 you had to hit the 14 shots and then 15 shot was a moving shot you had to time and hit for the Super.

Right, thanks.

#641 9 years ago

The new code is good. Last night we have a party and everybody was playing the the Star Trek Pro instead of AC/DC, MM, IJ WMS and LOTR! In the party before everybody was playing the other machines and Star Trek with the old code was neglected

#642 9 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

The new code is good. Last night we have a party and everybody was playing the the Star Trek Pro instead of AC/DC, MM, IJ WMS and LOTR! In the party before everybody was playing the other machines and Star Trek with the old code was neglected

Yeah, new code will do that.

#643 9 years ago

Probably a question that has already been answered, but is there a difference between "away team" mission and "galactic away team" mission?

#644 9 years ago
Quoted from dphelps:

Probably a question that has already been answered, but is there a difference between "away team" mission and "galactic away team" mission?

Yes.

When you start a new Level 1 missions, either from the plunge, or the left saucer, or the Away Team shot it's just a normal mission. Just like the original code.

So you're playing the mission, and the timer is counting down, and when it runs out you get your final shot and can start a new one. Just like before (except if your final shot is to Away Team or the saucer you don't have to hit it again, you can just start a new mission, yay!).

Here's the new part: make 3 of the lit shots on your Level 1 mission while the timer is still running and Away Team will light. Hit it and you start a Galactic Mode. That's a special shot for each mission. So Space Jump's special shot is The Vengeance, Destroy The Drill is the spinner, etc. Hit those for extra points.

So basically each Level 1 mode is kind of like a hurry up now, you need to make 3 shots and hit Away Team before the time runs down for extra scoring opportunities. Makes those modes way more fun now.

#645 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yes.
When you start a new Level 1 missions, either from the plunge, or the left saucer, or the Away Team shot it's just a normal mission. Just like the original code.
So you're playing the mission, and the timer is counting down, and when it runs out you get your final shot and can start a new one. Just like before (except if your final shot is to Away Team or the saucer you don't have to hit it again, you can just start a new mission, yay!).
Here's the new part: make 3 of the lit shots on your Level 1 mission while the timer is still running and Away Team will light. Hit it and you start a Galactic Mode. That's a special shot for each mission. So Space Jump's special shot is The Vengeance, Destroy The Drill is the spinner, etc. Hit those for extra points.
So basically each Level 1 mode is kind of like a hurry up now, you need to make 3 shots and hit Away Team before the time runs down for extra scoring opportunities. Makes those modes way more fun now.

Thanks Aurich, that is very helpful. During level 1 missions, sometimes a voice will just say "Away Team is lit" and other times a voice will say "Galactic away team lit" (or something along those lines, but including the word "galactic"). Do both of these mean the same thing, i.e. Away Team is lit, and hitting it will start a Galactic Mode?

#646 9 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Yeah I had some friends over last night. When it got down to the head to head play we played a bunch of games on STLE and a bunch of games on EMs. Usually for head to head we use EMs pretty much exclusively, but ST is really a lot of fun with the new software.

#647 9 years ago
Quoted from dphelps:

Thanks Aurich, that is very helpful. During level 1 missions, sometimes a voice will just say "Away Team is lit" and other times a voice will say "Galactic away team lit" (or something along those lines, but including the word "galactic"). Do both of these mean the same thing, i.e. Away Team is lit, and hitting it will start a Galactic Mode?

Yes, it's the same. I didn't realize they had two different callouts for it.
There's also now a "one shot remaining" (or something of that nature) when your mode timer runs out and you now can only hit your Final Shot -- meaning that the Galactic mode is no longer available to start.

FYI: there's a separate thread specifically on the Galactic modes --- https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-st-150-code-galactic-modes

#648 9 years ago

Yes, all the Away Team callouts are for Galactic. When it lights after the "Only one shot left" callout that means the timer is up and it's just the mode start shot again.

#649 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

you need to make 3 shots and hit Away Team before the time runs down for extra scoring opportunities. Makes those modes way more fun now.

It seems like, some modes you may need to hit more than 3 lit shots to start Galactic but maybe I'm mistaken.

#650 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It seems like, some modes you may need to hit more than 3 lit shots to start Galactic but maybe I'm mistaken.

I believe the three shots is consistent across the modes to light Galactic mode start.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-code-is-out/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.