• Latest reply 7 years ago by deibert
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

beam-up-the-code_(resized).jpg
Elwin_code_bug_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monkeyboypaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 7 years ago

3rd film out. Stern should strike while the iron's hot!

1 week later
#65 7 years ago

What the implication for hitting this combined/aligned shot, any idea?

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah....I wish. Sadly Stern appears to be taking forever once again to release code updates. Ridiculous. I'm still hoping that ST gets one more update but I'm noe counting on it.

We can only hope! Still great now though, but as other games slowly get extra polish; i feel ST should be part of that group.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It's sad when AMH or Woz gets dozens of code updates.
I know those games are from smaller companies with less games to support, but lets face it Stern has plenty of time to update these games (ST is approaching 3 years) but Stern does not do a great job unless it's Lyman.
I don't think it's a problem with the number of people working for Stern, I just think they just aren't the best. Maybe time to cut the slackers loose and hire some new blood that can put in the hours necessary.
IMO

Even just some kind of basic openness about retrospective coding work would be nice. We can't get upset about the code on future games when they've not release them yet, but we can all mumble and grumble (like I'm doing now) about games we have bought and are now gambling on Stern to update them, or not, or whatever.

I don't use Facebook much, but i bit my teeth & commented on the Metallica 1.70 release update with 'showing promise for a Star Trek update soon too!' seeing as ST was released after MET and is next on the Stern code page list as you go up.

Their response:

"You never know. We updated Avengers (years) after it's last update. Metallica now was just updated 14 months after its last update. You never know."

I would hope they [Stern] would be ideally placed to actually know whether or not it has any future code updates planned. "You never know" is not my idea of useful information. I totally appreciate there's no obligation to tell me anything, but a "yes we are" or "no we're not" is probably more useful, and could even help maintain sales if the game's still in production, show commitment to improving released games and maybe even generate a little hype before the update is dropped, saving excessive speculation. So in summary i think they could work on their software release comms just a tad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 24.95
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monkeyboypaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-adding-code-another-update?tu=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.