• Latest reply 7 years ago by deibert
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

beam-up-the-code_(resized).jpg
Elwin_code_bug_(resized).jpg
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#52 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

I agree. The Galactic Modes help but most of the Missions usually boil down to: "shoot the flashing arrows". I think a little bit more variety might be needed.

The shot maps for the missions are uninspired. There's different patterns, but you don't really care about them because you just shoot what is lit.

Rob

#53 7 years ago

To be fair to Stern, I don't think another update was ever promised. Jodie said something about maybe a polish update during the GoT Pro livestream, but that was about all I remember. I'm glad KME broke the game because it forced Stern to look at the code again, but whether they fix anything or just band aid the code remains to be seen.

Rob

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

I agree. The Galactic Modes help but most of the Missions usually boil down to: "shoot the flashing arrows". I think a little bit more variety might be needed.
Some more sounds added might be nice, too.

Agree all modes successive shots score more points why can't there be a frenzy mode or 50 switch hit or hurry-up mode (like SM has)?

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Agree all modes successive shots score more points why can't there be a frenzy mode or 50 switch hit or hurry-up mode (like SM has)?

Great ideas. I'm perfectly okay with the shoot what is lit modes. Every modern pin has modes like that. It does get repetitive when there are so many modes. I like the idea someone here threw out where you could choose to start at level 2 or level 3 modes. At this time, I doubt Stern is going to be adding any new features or modes. Bug fixes and a few more callouts would sure be welcomed, though. They did say there would be another update a long time ago. It would be pretty poor if that turned out to be a lie.

#56 7 years ago

Anyone mentioning the state the code seems to be in? Lyman's only coding on MET is fast and responsive.. on STLE, imho, the many different coding hands have made this code a bit too heavy or at least not time optimized. Like the Mystery shot responding after a few seconds after hitting the target. And speaking of mystery and I might add also the inlane-outlane switches, what's the point of collecting these if not just for the AAB? A missed opportunity here.

#57 7 years ago

What's the AAB?

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

What's the AAB?

ADD-A-BALL (yeah far too many acronyms sorry!)

#59 7 years ago

Thanks! No worries!

2 weeks later
#60 7 years ago

3rd film out. Stern should strike while the iron's hot!

1 week later
#61 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Code updates have been pretty scarce lately.....

Rob

#62 7 years ago

Speaking of code, I just figured out after a year off ownership that the Space Jump mission 2 (or 3, can't remember) changes the shot target with left and right flipper button inputs and they can be aligned for a Yellow, Blue combined flashing.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Speaking of code, I just figured out after a year off ownership that the Space Jump mission 2 (or 3, can't remember) changes the shot target with left and right flipper button inputs and they can be aligned for a Yellow, Blue combined flashing.

Nero 3

#64 7 years ago

Yeah....I wish. Sadly Stern appears to be taking forever once again to release code updates. Ridiculous. I'm still hoping that ST gets one more update but I'm noe counting on it.

#65 7 years ago

What the implication for hitting this combined/aligned shot, any idea?

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah....I wish. Sadly Stern appears to be taking forever once again to release code updates. Ridiculous. I'm still hoping that ST gets one more update but I'm noe counting on it.

We can only hope! Still great now though, but as other games slowly get extra polish; i feel ST should be part of that group.

#67 7 years ago

It's sad when AMH or Woz gets dozens of code updates.

I know those games are from smaller companies with less games to support, but lets face it Stern has plenty of time to update these games (ST is approaching 3 years) but Stern does not do a great job unless it's Lyman.

I don't think it's a problem with the number of people working for Stern, I just think they just aren't the best. Maybe time to cut the slackers loose and hire some new blood that can put in the hours necessary.

IMO

#68 7 years ago

You finish the mode faster.

Watch the Star Trek Pinball with the Pros episode for a nice explanation.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It's sad when AMH or Woz gets dozens of code updates.
I know those games are from smaller companies with less games to support, but lets face it Stern has plenty of time to update these games (ST is approaching 3 years) but Stern does not do a great job unless it's Lyman.
I don't think it's a problem with the number of people working for Stern, I just think they just aren't the best. Maybe time to cut the slackers loose and hire some new blood that can put in the hours necessary.
IMO

Even just some kind of basic openness about retrospective coding work would be nice. We can't get upset about the code on future games when they've not release them yet, but we can all mumble and grumble (like I'm doing now) about games we have bought and are now gambling on Stern to update them, or not, or whatever.

I don't use Facebook much, but i bit my teeth & commented on the Metallica 1.70 release update with 'showing promise for a Star Trek update soon too!' seeing as ST was released after MET and is next on the Stern code page list as you go up.

Their response:

"You never know. We updated Avengers (years) after it's last update. Metallica now was just updated 14 months after its last update. You never know."

I would hope they [Stern] would be ideally placed to actually know whether or not it has any future code updates planned. "You never know" is not my idea of useful information. I totally appreciate there's no obligation to tell me anything, but a "yes we are" or "no we're not" is probably more useful, and could even help maintain sales if the game's still in production, show commitment to improving released games and maybe even generate a little hype before the update is dropped, saving excessive speculation. So in summary i think they could work on their software release comms just a tad.

#70 7 years ago

To get silver/gold in the level 2 and 3 modes, you need to hit the multi colored shots. In the rest of the level 2/3 modes, that multi shot is available, or becomes available after you make another shot. In Nero 3, you need to align it yourself. If you can hit the Alpha Ramp multiple times in a row with a backhand, you can beat Nero 3 very quickly. Use the right flipper to get the Alpha Ramp lit. Use the left flipper to get the Warp Ramp lit. Hit Alpha with a backhand. That flip will move the lit shot from the Warp to the Alpha and you will get credit for the combined shot. While the ball is traveling on the habi trail, flip the left flipper 6 times which will put the flippers controlled lit shot back on the Warp Ramp. Then the process starts over. Super awesome when you can keep the streak going and beast through the mode and get gold in only a couple of seconds.

#71 7 years ago

Star Trek has a good rule set now and does not *need* an update. Definitely not something to be complaining about. The code is complete.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Star Trek has a good rule set now and does not *need* an update. Definitely not something to be complaining about. The code is complete.

Except for the game breaking glitch mentioned in this thread

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

You finish the mode faster.
Watch the Star Trek Pinball with the Pros episode for a nice explanation.
» YouTube video

Thx need to watch this

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Except for the game breaking glitch mentioned in this thread

I've spent a lot of hours on Star Trek and have yet to find a game breaking glitch and others have been to 5 year mission without any glitch. So I'm going to assume there is no such glitch and reiterate that the game is fine as it is. Any updates are icing on the cake. Not something required to finish the game - which is already complete.

#75 7 years ago

Not game breaking but skipping the medal count and intro to Kobi Mary is buggy. Game continues light show and sounds of medal count. Sound also is messed up until you drain. Sometimes that happens without skipping intro. That and a few other things should be easy to fix. No pin *needs* an update. They are all playable. It was already stated several times by Stern that there would be a bug fix update.

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Definitely not something to be complaining about.

So stop then.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I've spent a lot of hours on Star Trek and have yet to find a game breaking glitch and others have been to 5 year mission without any glitch. So I'm going to assume there is no such glitch and reiterate that the game is fine as it is. Any updates are icing on the cake. Not something required to finish the game - which is already complete.

Not true. Take a mission compete through Level 3 (for sure Klingon Battle) and then get to the start point for Maru or Amok and see what happens.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I've spent a lot of hours on Star Trek and have yet to find a game breaking glitch and others have been to 5 year mission without any glitch. So I'm going to assume there is no such glitch and reiterate that the game is fine as it is.

That is a really strange opinion when there is a fully documented, reproducible sequence of events that prevents a player from being able to start 5YM. Validated by third parties and I am pretty sure acknowledged by Dwight.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Okay, I guess you can't get far enough into the game for it but it is there

I agree the game code is solid but it needs a few fixes for buggy code

#80 7 years ago

Could really do with using the DMD to explain some of the rules a bit, too. They're not particularly obvious in a lot of cases .. especially the differences between I, II & III.

3 weeks later
#81 7 years ago

Though it is minor, I'd like to see more High score awards. Currently, there is a Warp champion and Medal Champion. Why not have a Champion for each Level 1 mode? This would be great for locations as more people could enter initials. Walking Dead and GOT have numerous high scoring options, so I think this could work with ST.

I'd also like to further benefits to combos (like Demolition Man), maybe awarding random awards at certain counts. This and a combo Champion.

Add more mystery awards. I have only recieved extra ball and special maybe 4 times over hundreds of games.

Fix the pops score 200K. This doesn't seem to work.

Finally, a way to stack mode and reset mission timer would be cool. Perhaps be able to choose if you want to take GAT or start a new mode to run with current mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-adding-code-another-update/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.